** FUNDED ** Did you miss this? You can pick up Ninja Musicology from this shop and we plan to repoint ks.ninjamusicology.com to a more permanent place. Or click on the "Get Ninja" button in the corner.
Covers of the original sound-track from iconic C64 trilogy "The Last Ninja™"performed in full for the first time as sophisticated driving guitar-driven rock! This is probably the only time the complete soundtrack will be available, so don't miss it!
We're offering CDs, an October live performance at the Underworld club and guest performer Ben Daglish, and a concert Blu-Ray.
* NEWS 23/4/2016 - new Add-ons for pledgers available *
The Last Ninja™ is a trade mark of System 3 Software Limited, the makers of the original Last Ninja games. The name "Ninja Musicology" is used with permission from System 3, but this project is not licensed, endorsed or otherwise connected with them.
- Rock remakes of ALL the music from the C64 versons of LN1, LN2 and LN3 by Jarle H. Olsen, Bjarte K. Helland and Kjetil Nossum.
- 34 tracks total in a triple digipack CD case with specially commissioned original artwork, inspired by Ninjas. None of the artwork from the game is used.
- Recorded with REAL guitar, bass, drums and keyboards!
- Features 2 tracks from "Ninja Remix™"!
- Entry to exclusive LIVE FastLoaders/Ninja Musicology concert at the world famous Underworld Club, with guest performer Ben Daglish!
- A TRIBUTE to the musical genius of the C64 composers Ben Daglish, Anthony Lees, Matt Gray and Reyn Ouwehand.
- Triple CD digipack with 34 tracks in total.
- High quality (FLAC/MP3) audio download of the album tracks ("Hear the Ninja").
- Ninja concert at the world-famous Underworld Club in London on October 15th 2016. This is a confirmed date. Ben Daglish will perform and Matt Gray's attendance is confirmed.
- Concert Blu-Ray, professionally recorded and edited. If you can't come to the concert, don't miss out!
- High Quality video download of Underworld concert footage. ("See the Ninja").
- Guitar transcription book - a hardback glossy book by Jarle H. Olsen containing guitar transcriptions of five of the most popular tracks from The Last Ninja™ game series.
The greatest computer game music ever created, recorded professionally by professional musicians on real instruments. A complete musical tribute to the entire Last Ninja game series on the C64, including "The Last Ninja™", "Last Ninja 2™" and "Last Ninja 3™".
All the levels and all the loading music are present. Even two of the best tracks from "Ninja Remix™" have been included. With 34 tracks and 2 and a half hours of music, a project of this magnitude has never before been attempted!
Imagine a whole evening of rocking and sophisticated Ninja Musicology, followed by a relaxed pub session at the World's End with the band, C64 fans and composers Ben Daglish and Matt Gray. It's a NinjaUnion!
That's what we're offering with our October 15th concert at the Underworld club. Its crew are dedicated to really doing justice to the sound of Rock Ninjitsu.
It will be a two hour set. The doors will open at 7pm for an 8pm concert. After the concert, the audience will go to the pub upstairs for drinks until closing time (1am).
Merchandise stands will be available at the gig. Don't miss them!
The Ninja Musicology digipack will be delivered to backers before the concert, so you will have a chance to enjoy it and look forward to happy times in London.
This is a recording of the Underworld concert. We have engaged a professional camera crew headed by Chris Burton who is also a huge fan of C64. It will also be edited professionally. The Blu-Ray will be delivered separately to backers after it's complete so you don't have to wait for the Blu-Ray to get your CDs.
The Blu-Ray may have extra behind-the-scenes footage or other bonus footage, depending on how things go.
£30,000 - Code of the Ninja Double Album download added to audio downloads (to make four disks in the download).
£32,500 - Code of the Ninja T-shirt added to Axeman, Sensei and Shogun pledge levels.
£35,000 - PDF of Jarle's Ninja Musicology Guitar highlights book given to all backers (maybe someone will learn the guitar just to play Last Ninja!). Features five popular tracks from the three games.
£40,000 - Digital album of Jarle's "Quadrasonic" solo album added to audio downloads (to make six downloadable disks).
£50,000 - Ninja Dancers at the concert.
We grew up with the Commodore 64, The Last Ninja games and their music. It inspired us in many ways, and has been a part of our lives ever since.
The Last Ninja computer games are internationally known as some of the most successful game series of the 80s. The games were unique and challenged the computer game scene with excellent graphics and puzzles at the time of their release. But aside from that, the trilogy was packed with awesome music. It was its own entity. You could listen to it on and on, even while the game was paused.
The excellent SID chip made this music possible back in the days, but there is no denying that even SID has its limits. "Ninja Musicology" is our tribute to The Last Ninja games, the original composers and its fans!
The idea started back in the early 90's and we wanted to create a triple album including all the music from The Last Ninja game trilogy. Our goal was to transform the original tunes into something that could be played live with a rock band attitude. Lots of time, passion and dedication made this possible. "Ninja Musicology" has been arranged with the deepest respect to maintain the original vibe and atmosphere.
Everything has been recorded using real acoustic and electric instruments as well as modern synthesizers. Never before has all the music from The Last Ninja games been remade in one consistent style.
After all "Real music is timeless".
Fastloaders with Ben Daglish and Matt Gray at "Back in Time 2015".
Risks and challenges
The recordings are well advanced and our concert performance at "Back in Time Live", proves we are capable of delivering a great sonic live experience.
We are veterans of many previous album releases.
The concert is already confirmed with Underworld for October 15th, and a camera crew and editor are on standby.
The concert is being organised by Chris Abbott of C64Audio.com, who has organised many live concerts including "Back in Time Live".Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (57 days)