Historical Conquest 2.0 (Canceled)
An epic card game to build a civilization and defend it. Use people of the past to dominate the world or bring world peace. You decide.
In 2013, Historical Conquest was published with the help of Kickstarter. In 2014, we were awarded the Family Choice Award - Game of the Year and Creative Child Awards - Game of the Year.
Since then we have sold over 18,000 copies of the game. Like all games there were many lessons learned that were needed to make this game even better, this is why we are launching Historical Conquest 2.0. This game was proven to be great for youth and so we focused mostly on Homeschooling and Private Schools. Come to find out their parents love it just as much, if not even more than their kids.
HISTORICAL CONQUEST™ is a unique and exciting card game that looks like Pokemon or Magic: The Gathering, plays like Risk and yet is infused with history.
Each player uses heroes, heroines, villains, leaders, assassins, armies, and even disaster from the world's past to defend their lands and attack their opponents. Accomplish world domination by acquiring everyone else's land or World Peace by increasing your people's Morale to 3000 points.
Each player needs a Starter deck (50 card deck of all world history) to play. Expansion packs (20 card packs of specific eras) will help customize your deck. Play mats will help you track your cards and Morale towards World Domination or World Peace.
CUSTOMS FRIENDLY: We have begun going internation so we are in the process of partnering with companies in the UK, EU, Canada, and coming soon, Australia, to distribute our rewards and begin selling HC.
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL: For all those who back this campaign at Level #4 or higher, you will also receive two FREE Historical Conquest 1.0 Starter decks to give to someone for Christmas. An early Christmas present since the rewards won't be available till 2018.
NEW BOX DESIGN: In Historical Conquest 2.0, instead of everything being sold separately, we are now selling the game in a premium box design, much like a board game. These boxes will include sets for 2, 4, and 6 players.
2 Player Box - "Beginner Box" includes 2 Starter Decks, 2 Play Mats, and 2 Morale Counters. Everything you need for two people to play.
4 Player Box - "Intermediate Package" includes 4 Starter Decks, 4 Expansion Packs, 4 Play Mats, and 4 Morale Counters.
6 Player Box - "Expert Package" includes 6 Starter Decks, 6 Expansion Packs, 6 Play Mats, and 6 Morale Counters. All in their own box.
The ULTIMATE DEAL - This box contains everything from the Expert Box PLUS an extra Starter deck, Expansion pack, and Kickstarter Exclusive Play Mat and Figurine (Eric the Red). PLUS it includes the new rulebook with 3-Levels of rules depending on your expertise, and the Art Book - Volume #1 (see all these in the image below):
And it doesn't end here. If our donations reach new levels, we will also include these in the Ultimate Package and as Add-Ons.
WHAT WE PLAN IS:
- To replace some of our older ARTWORK that does not match our new look. (The artbook will include all of the new artwork)
- To create an advanced RULEBOOK which will give different variations to the rules depending on your skill and experience. The rules are being rewritten by a 30 year veteran of game design. Additionally, rules for three additional versions of the game will be provided in this book, including Hidden Conquest and Historical Conquest Solitaire.
- To create an ARTBOOK encyclopedia of all our illustrations for the game, those already published as well as those we have in-stock waiting to be published.
- To release our new MINIATURE FIGURINES based on historical figures found in the cards. Both in 2" (Morale counters) and 6" miniatures (Watchers). Our sculptors include: Eric Sosa and Fran Picazo (formerly sculpting for Marvel, DC Collectibles, Mattel, and Capcom)
- "Introduce new courses, especially for our Homeschooling followers. Zack Edwards, the creator of the game, will teach co-op and group classes on Entrepreneurship, Game Design, or Marketing. He has been asked to help with these events in the past, and now will make them available through this campaign.
- If we reach a specific Stretch goal of $407k, we will be producing the Historical Conquest App for phones and tablets. If we reach an additional stretch goal, we will be introducing the world's largest digital treasure hunt, like geocaching but better, as an addition to the app. (All those who donate to this campaign will be given access to this app for free)
- Prepare for our next game, which has been in the works for four years, Totally Medieval. A classic game of Knights vs other groups, both historical and fictional, such as British vs. Scots or Knights vs. Dragons.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST, ADD-ONS. These are items you can add to any reward level by increasing your donation above the donation required cost. For example: if you order Reward Level 1 at $5 plus add on $50 for the Artbook, and $30 for the new rulebook, then you would donate ($5 + $50 + 30 =) $85 and claim only Reward Level #1. All items will be verified by email after the campaign is complete. Here is the list of Add-Ons.
FailRoad Express Game Reviewers:
From an excited player (Noah):
We are holding our first virtual tournament and would love for you all to join or watch. Watch our YouTube video for more information (below):
Risks and challenges
Like all other products printed overseas, there is a chance the printing or shipment may be delayed. Our last printer ran into some problems and delayed shipment. We have now chosen a printer and worked out the logistics so this does not happen again, but even though we try to cover all our bases, things can always come up. Thank you for your understanding.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)