A rummy-type card game that compounds hilarious must-perform actions on players—by players—to prevent each other from winning.
A rummy-type card game that compounds hilarious must-perform actions on players—by players—to prevent each other from winning. Read more
JYNX is contract rummy-type party game, filled with hilarious obstacles to slow each other down from winning
I created JYNX around 2008, as a funny improv game for my college friends. When I realized the potential JYNX had in being loved by a wider audience, I spent the next seven years diligently perfecting its gameplay and design—as well as making sure it was made with a quality card-stock with a competitive retail price. It is important that the game is fun, familiar, great to touch, and quick to play.
Read How to Play below. If JYNX sounds like a game that you and your friends would like to play, then help me bring it to life by making a pledge. In return, you get a Kickstarter-exclusive copy of JYNX and few amazing perks based on the tier you choose. win/win.
Each game consists of seven card combinations, called CHAPTERS. Each chapter contains various forms of sets and runs.
A SET is two or more cards of the same number.
A RUN is three or more cards numbered in order.
You win the game by being the first player to finish all 7 chapters in numerical order.
While completing each chapter, players are forced to perform hilarious actions called JYNXES. A JYNX is created by combining a WHAT and WHEN card. A WHAT card explains the action you must perform and a WHEN card explains when you must perform it.
The player to your left fills in the missing sections of your WHAT CARD with whatever horrible action they choose, and you must perform it exactly when the WHEN CARD says so.
If you forget to perform a JYNX, then you suffer consequences that can slow you down and prevent you from winning. THE GOAL: GET THEM BEFORE THEY GET YOU.
Aside from JYNXES, you can further increase your chances of winning by playing SPECIAL CARDS (below). As each card has the ability to give you an advantage alone, having four of the same card activates a new set of actions that make the game even more interesting.
- For 21 and over: You can replace the WHAT CARDS with a bottle of your favorite "drink" and use the WHEN CARDS for when to take a shot/sip.
- For couples: You can replace the WHAT CARDS with a kiss and use the WHEN CARDS for when to kiss.
- For general relationship building: You can replace the WHAT CARDS with positive affirmations or learning more about each other.
- Fitness: Replace the WHAT CARDS with push ups etc.
- Education: Replace the WHAT CARDS with words to spell or school problems to solve.
THE JYNX DECK: $15 or more.
- 196 Cards, professionally printed on premium card stock. (Kickstarter exclusive - regular deck has 154 cards)
- Game rules and alternative rules sheet.
- Custom storage box. (Kickstarter exclusive)
The cards are 2.25"x3.5", professionally cut and printed so they feel great to play.
THE FILTHY DECK: $30 or more
THE JYNX DECK plus...
- A 20 card set of NSFW WHAT/WHEN cards for those who prefer a more adult-oriented game.
THE BRAG-ABOUT-IT DECK: $100 or more
- A signed copy of JYNX and the FILTHY set along with and...
- An unsigned copy of JYNX and the FILTHY set to play or give as a gift.
THE GATES OF AWESOME: $300 or more
Everything from the BRAG-ABOUT-IT DECK PLUS a personal Skype session with JQ to create your own evil WHAT CARD that will go in every deck!
I put a lot of effort and research into JYNX to make sure it is as fan to play as it is welcoming to touch. I creating this Kickstarter campaign to avoid the politics of a middle-man and deliver the game exactly as it was intended. I am raising $5,000 because that is the minimum I need to produce the game and put it in your hands.
Your support means everything to me as each pledge brings JYNX closer to life.
Risks and challenges
Besides the packaging (which I'm pretty stickler on, design wise) it's a fairly undemanding game to produce. The only complication that could arise is if the project exceeds expectation and I have to ship a heavy load of games; however, I have taken great steps in making sure everyone receives their game during the month promised. I'd rather not turn this into a campaign where you get excuse after excuse on production delays and updates, so I'm keeping this campaign and it's pledges focused only on delivering an incredibly high-quality and fun a party game—on time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)