£5000 GLOBAL UPGRADE FOR EVERYONE!
Yes folks, we've done it again. With huge thanks to Drew Wagar, Cmdr Hugh Mann and our design team we are VERY proud to tell you that we are again offering what could be THE MOST GENEROUS £1 PLEDGE GIFT on Kickstarter!
For just a £1 pledge or more we are now offering you;
- A FantastiCon digital wallpaper for your desktop
- FIVE high resolution digital art files from Drew Wagar's Elite: Reclamation (3500x5000px) - If you remember to add the correct comment... clues here...
- A FULL MUSIC ALBUM of parody songs created by Cmdr Hugh Mann (AKA Dan Smith)
<MISSION UPDATE ENDS>Greetings one and all!
Here we are again on the hallowed ground of Kickstarter, this time to help fund the annual SF/Fantasy/Gaming/Cosplay/Music event FantastiCon 2016, 19th & 20th November at Guildhall in Hull UK!
So, first things first...
Last year's convention was wonderful and hundreds of folks turned up to enjoy themselves and have a great party.
FantastiCon 2015 was voted the 'top rated UK convention' in Niche magazine and we want to build on this by bringing you the latest and greatest in tech, gaming, cosplay, live music and more. The convention has doubled in size year on year and this year we need a little help.
- Initial goal - £8,000.
- Stretch goal 1 - at £8,050 we guarantee jammy dodgers on the plates.
- Stretch goal 2 - at £9,000 we can hire extra space and facilities to accommodate more specialist tech and demos.
- Stretch goal 3 - at £10,000 we can upgrade the audio visual capability to incredible awesomeness for the gaming, the interactive demos and the live music, as well as funding everything we need for an awesome after party.
More stretch goals to follow.
We are well known for our innovative and unusual approach to our projects and this one is no different. We are offering generous pledge gifts, early access and kickstarter-only exclusive gifts for your help.
The tickets for the convention will be available here first and only when we hit our first funding target will the tickets go on sale elsewhere.
Funds from this project will help us to cover the venue, the specialist equipment, securing the celebrity guests, transporting and setting up, and the behind the scenes costs that need to be covered before an event like this can go ahead (such as insurance and PAT testing)
That's an easy one because you, your friends and your family will have an amazing time at FantastiCon 2016 and see the best and brightest of virtual reality experiences, cosplay, gaming, music, stage shows, authors, a world first and more! And as a backer you will have helped to make an even more awesome experience than the ones that have gone before.
We have a great reputation for being a grown up convention with a safe and welcoming atmosphere for all the family. This year we have a dedicated children's chill out area with toys and free refreshments for your little ones.
Usually a convention is built around traders and special guests and in some cases the organisers stop there.
FantastiCon is a 'doing' convention, not just a 'buying' convention so get ready for a whole weekend of fun activities.
From mind blowing virtual reality experiences to panel discussions, from sit down RPG gaming to old school MarioKart racing tournaments, FantastiCon has it all!
For those of you who are a little braver, why not take your place among the NERF War veterans as you try the latest in NERF weapon technology in a controlled war arena, fighting either against or alongside the Fire Team Prime Halo cosplay team.
You pay your ticket price and for that you get access to everything in the convention, including free soft drinks and biscuits throughout!
Below is some, but by no means all, of the Fantastic content we have already lined up for you;
- Experience Virtual Reality with the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and more.
- Battle with up to 11 friends on our multi-screen, multiperson Mariokart racing tournament.
- Join the amazing Cosplayers
- Play Elite: Dangerous, Witcher 3 and more in our high-spec gaming area.
- Get to meet full-sized functioning Daleks!
- Survive as long as you can while battling the imagination of the creator himself from within one of Dave Hughes' RPG scenarios.
- Meet the team behind Frontier Development's epic space game Elite: Dangerous including Executive Producer Michael Brookes and Community Managers Ed Lewis and Zac Antonaci.
- Get up close to all manner of tech and gizmos
- Have a go at our now legendary Raffle!
- Hear live music from Jemma Johnson, Dan Smith and Saraswati and later in the evening enjoy a late night set from DJs Grecko and Busyfingers.
- Enjoy a live one-man show from Simon Fisher-Becker.
- Meet authors, publishers and more in our literary area and enjoy talks, readings and Q&A.
- Get up close and personal with a full-sized TARDIS!
-Try your skills in a flight sim-pit.
- Test your mettle in our nightly NERF arena shooting targets (and each other).
- Night owl? Enjoy a very late bar and a musicians' jamming area. - Delicious food available on site (and allowed to be ordered in from outside too, a rarity for many venues).
All that and more for the price of your ticket! That's right. NONE of the activities above are chargeable beyond your normal ticket rate (apart from the bar and food of course).
Any tickets that remain unsold after the Kickstarter will be offered to the general public for £10 per day or £17 for the weekend but those tickets bought through this Kickstarter's special ticket pledges will be delivered with an exclusive FantastiCon lanyard that says 'FC2016... it's partly my fault' and your name will be added to the FantastiCon Chronicle, a huge tome that will be on display in the venue for the entire con (sort of like a visitor's book but with the names of our special backers in the front as Champions of FantastiCon).
So get on board and come and join the party!
Risks and challenges
We have successfully run this convention twice before and have an experienced team in place. We have learnt many lessons from previous years and already met the key technological challenges.
A potential issue is an inadequate venue and we have researched this meticulously, choosing a venue that has a good and solid track record and that has hosted conventions of this type.
Our major potential challenges are technological. This year’s convention aims to showcase at least one world first and as such faces the challenges that go with the transport and set up of complex equipment. We have an experienced and reliable core team in place as well as specialists in the specific technologies we are looking to showcase.
Should the worst happen (via something catastrophic like a major cyber attack or power cut) we are confident that we can still deliver a superb event through backup contingencies and the expertise of our core team.
Despite our relatively small size we were voted top convention last year because of the comprehensive and entertaining experience we provided. This in large part is down to the range of things we offer and meticulous planning. The diversity of our offering is itself a safeguard against comprehensive failure. With two successful years under our belt we are confident that this convention can deliver on its promises just as the previous ones have.
Our previous KS project concluded successfully although we lost a key partner in our most complicated and expensive pledge gift at a late stage which caused significant delays in distribution. As this KS launches, the last eight of these pledge gifts are being completed and shipped. We do not have any pledge rewards of this complexity for this project and all our pledge gifts are in place and ready to be shipped.
We do not require any approvals or premarket reviews from any outside companies or agencies prior to distributing our rewards.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)