Many of our classic, video-game-inspired designs have been out of stock for a while. It's time to bring them back.
Fangamer takes its love for classic video games and channels it into the highest-quality gamer swag we can produce. We're proud of our incredible designs, soft prints, and comfortable shirts, but we're even prouder of our dedicated community of video game fans. We hope to inspire those fans to harness that energy into improving themselves as artists, designers, and writers. We just happen to make slick gamer clothes as well.
We've been focusing on pumping out new designs lately, but fans are still clamoring for our classic designs. So, here's your chance to get them!
Now we're offering all of our old designs to you, right now. The point of this Kickstarter is to earn the funds to pay for a full run of each of these designs. If this campaign fails, don't worry! We'll restock most of these designs eventually. It will just be slowly over time rather than all at once like this.
The following designs/colors are available right now: (More may be added later.)
This Kickstarter is focused on our older designs. However, you may have noticed a new (yet vaguely familiar) design in the group above. Well, as part of this event we'll be offering some repurposed designs exclusive to this Kickstarter, such as our F64 design!
In case you can't quite place where you've seen the design before, the F64 design was originally used on one of the freebie pins we give away with each order.
We have other repurposed designs in store for you which will be revealed as we reach certain goals. They will then be available during this campaign, and only during this campaign. They will not be available in our store in the future. See the graph below for when the next new design will be revealed.
As we reach certain points, we will be unlocking special prizes that will go to every person who pledges at the $10 level or higher. These special treats will be revealed if and when the drive gets close to unlocking them. (See the graph above.)
Currently unlocked bonuses:
Bonus #1 - Digital Wallpaper Set: Once the Kickstarter is over, we'll be sending out a series of high-res wallpapers based on our designs. Backers will be able to download them in most common wallpaper sizes, including some for mobile devices! (Available to digital backers as well!)
Bonus #2 - The Retrowear Pinset: All backers $10 and over will receive a free pin set with the rest of their stuff! See Update #2 for details. Backers may receive additional pin sets by pledging an extra $5 per additional pin set (or a magnet set for $7), if they wish!
Bonus #3 - The Retrowear Keychain: All backers $10 and over will receive a free keychain with the rest of their stuff! See update #7 for details. Backers may receive additional keychains for $5 each, if they wish!
Bonus #4 - The Fangamer Coloring and Activity Book: All backers $10 and over will receive a free pin set with the rest of their stuff! See update #10 for details.
Backers may add another set of these items (pinset, keychain, and coloring/activity book) for $10!
Normally we try to give away a hand-drawn packing slip with every order, but sometimes we run out and just don't have time to draw new ones. For this event, however, every person who pledges at least $100 will be guaranteed one of our awesome, hand-drawn packing slips! Our very favorite ones will go to the biggest pledges, but every single one is guaranteed to be awesome (in our eyes, anyway). Here are some examples of the packing slips we've given away in the past:
Every single dollar we get from this Kickstarter will be used to fulfill the pledges of this drive and fund full reprints for each of the designs.
If we reach $20,000, we will be able to just break even on fulfilling your pledges. If that's all we get from this, then that's fine: you get the shirts you want, and we get the pleasure of sending them to you.
Beyond that, the remaining funds will go toward getting the designs back in the Fangamer store. If we don't get enough to completely restock everything, the most popular designs from this campaign will be restocked first!
As usual, we will be printing our shirts on American Apparel 100% cotton or 50/50 as the shirts were printed before.
Unisex sizes guaranteed available: S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X
Women's sizes guaranteed available: S, M, L, XL
Many shirts are available up to 6XL, but it varies from shirt to shirt. If you would like a shirt in a different size, message us with the design and size you want and we'll let you know if it's possible.
Also, note that American Apparel does not usually make shirts larger than 2XL. In many cases, 3XL and larger shirts will be either Hanes or Gildan shirts, with colors as close as we can find to the American Apparel equivalent.
The colors we're offering are the ones you see in the icons above. If you prefer a different color we printed before, send us a message and let us know. If this campaign really takes off, we might add it later!
- $1 - Digital Backer - This reward tier has two primary benefits: First, you'll have access to our project updates, so you'll be able to receive alerts when we reveal new Secret Designs when a new Bonus Prize has been unlocked. Secondly, any Bonus Prize that is digital in nature that gets unlocked by this drive will be available to you! (To say any more would spoil the mystery.)
- $10 - Participatory Swag - With every normal order, we always send out a pouch of goodies: often a papercraft, some pins, and stickers. This reward tier will score you some special, Kickstarter-exclusive swag along those lines. In addition, you'll get any Bonus Prizes that unlock over the course of this drive, so this swag could potentially get better over time!
- $22 - Any One Shirt - You'll get any one shirt offered in this campaign! You can get multiple shirts from this reward tier by adding $22 to your pledge for each additional shirt. For example, if you wanted three shirts (and you live in the US) you would pledge $66 and choose this reward tier. (Though at that point, you might just want to pay the extra $16 and go for the Many Shirts tier!)
- $45 - Any One Jacket - You'll get any one jacket offered in this campaign. You can pledge an additional $45 for an additional jacket or $22 for each additional shirt. For instance, if you decide to get two jackets and a shirt you would pledge $112 ($45+$45+$22=$112) and select this reward tier.
- $80 - Many Shirts - You'll get any four shirts from this drive! At $20 each including shipping, that's quite a deal. What's more, additional shirts are only $20 each! (Remember: at $100 you're guaranteed an awesome, hand-drawn packy slip!) You can also add jackets to this tier for $45 each. For instance, if you wanted six shirts and two jackets you would pledge $210 ($80 + $20 + $20 + $45 + $45) and select this tier.
- $250 - Pick a Color Set - We will print a special run of shirts using the colors of your choice for any of the designs in this campaign! We'll work with you to show you how your color choices will look and provide suggestions, but in the end it will be your choice. We'll then send you three of the shirts you helped us color! You can also add additional shirts for $20 each or jackets for $45 each. (Unfortunately, we can not offer this option for our belt print designs. Those are: 2300, Pipe Vault, and PSI Rockin')
- $450 - All of the Shirts! - You get one of every shirt in this drive! You choose the size and color for each design. If we unlock more Secret Shirts over the course of this campaign, you'll get those, too! You can add more shirts to this tier for $20 each, and you can add jackets for $45 each. So, if you wanted this tier, another shirt (a spare?), and two jackets, you would pledge $560 ($450 + 20 + 45 + 45) and select this tier.
- $1,500 - Party with Fangamer at Nerdapalooza! - We'll fly you down to Orlando, Florida for the biggest nerdy arts and music festival in the country. We'll set you up with a hotel room, pay for your flight, and even arrange transportation from the airport. You'll arrive in time for the Nerdapalooza pre-party and have as much VIP access as we can manage! For more information, check out http://nerdapalooza.org/. This reward is for Nerdapalooza 2013. Continental US only due to the prohibitive cost of flights from other places. (If you're from outside the US and can handle the flight costs yourself, contact us and maybe we can arrange something.)
- $1,500 - Office Safari - You'll get to come and visit us at our office in beautiful Tucson, AZ! You'll get to hang out with us, star in one of our videos, and eat authentic Mexican food! As many as three days of office adventure! We'll figure out a time that works for both you and the office. You get to choose between our couch or a hotel for the duration of your stay. (Tucson hotels are nice.) Continental US only due to the prohibitive costs of flying people over oceans and across borders. (If you live outside the continental US and can handle your own travel expenses, contact us and we can figure something out.)
- $2,000 - MAGfest with Fangamer! - MAGfest is a ton of fun. We'll fly you out to enjoy it with us! We'll take care of your flight, hotel, and special VIP name badge! For more information about MAGfest, check out their website: http://magfest.org/. This reward is for MAGfest 2013. Continental US only because otherwise flights are scary expensive. (If you can handle your own flight/travel costs, contact us to see if we can work something out.)
- $3,000 - The Fangamer PAX Experience - PAX is getting harder to attend. We can secure you a PAX badge, flight, and a hotel for either PAX East 2013 or PAX Prime 2013! We'll also invite you to any parties or dinners we attend (assuming you can break away from the spectacle that is PAX)! Continental US only due to prohibitive flight costs. (If you can handle travel costs, contact us to see if we can work something out.)
- $6,000 - SUPER DIAMOND-LEVEL MEMBERSHIP FOR WINNERS - You get one of every shirt in this drive (you choose the color option and size of each). In addition, for the next 10 years every time we release a new shirt we will contact you to which color option you want (if it comes in multiple colors), what size you want it to be (in case you've changed size preference), and where to send it (in case you move). You'll even get one of our awesome hand-drawn packing slips every time we send you stuff!
All of that will be taken care of at the end of the Kickstarter! We'll be sending out surveys for you to fill out, and we'll take it from there!
Yes and maybe! The colors shown are the only ones we have available right now. However, once we hit a few more goals we'll start adding new color options (and even new shirts!) depending on popular demand.
That said, if there's a color option we've offered before that's not available yet, let us know! If and when we add new ones, it will be based on popular demand.
Maybe! Our newest jacket, the Temple Hoodie, won't be available in this campaign, since we'll be reprinting them on our own pretty soon. However, the rest of the hoodies may be added later! If there's one you really want, let us know and we'll try to prioritize based on demand.
If I pledge at the 80$ level, is it possible to get the 4 shirts in different sizes (not just my size, but other sizes for gifting/sharing the love?)
Yep! In the exit survey you'll be able to choose the sizes and styles~
Almost all of our designs are available up to 6XL. However, American Apparel shirts are usually only available up to 2XL or 3XL, depending on the style. Instead, we may have to use either Hanes or Gildan shirts.
Some of those larger shirts may not exactly match the colors of the American Apparel shirts. Common colors like Black and Royal Blue should be pretty close to the American Apparel version. However, there are some more complex colors unique to American Apparel, such as the Black Aqua shirt used in Magi's Tower: Dusk. IN those cases, we'll try to pick a color that's as close as possible.
I'm from outside the US and pledged at the Many Shirts level. Do I pay extra for shipping per shirt?
Nope! You just pay a flat extra shipping fee, either $5 for Canada or $10 for any place else. For instance, four shirts to Canada would be $85, and six shirts to Sweden would be $130.
As of right now, the Participatory Swag will come with a papercraft, a couple of pins/stickers, the unlocked digital wallpaper set, the unlocked Kickstarter-exclusive pin set.
The next addition to the Participatory Swag will unlock at 60K!
All of the stuff in this campaign is being printed specifically to handle pledges. Adding stuff from the store would be a small nightmare of combining a finite inventory with an effectively infinite inventory, both being kept track of by different systems.
However, if you place an order with us through the Fangamer Store, we may be able to work with you to ship your regular order with your Kickstarter pledge. You won't receive your order until we start shipping out the Kickstarter stuff, but you will probably save on shipping if you're international.