Pegasus : The Next Generation In Abstract Strategy Games
Pegasus : The Next Generation In Abstract Strategy Games
Pegasus is a new abstract strategy game that combines the gaming experience of Checkers (Draughts) , Othello (Reversi) and Chess.
Pegasus is a new abstract strategy game that combines the gaming experience of Checkers (Draughts) , Othello (Reversi) and Chess. Read more
Financial help is requested in the amount of $300,000.00 to aid into the launch of Pegasus Games. I'll be left with $280,000.00 to achieve my goals after Amazon and Kickstarter each take 5% commission. My initial Kickstarter campaign had a total of six game units, which I had estimated would require an expense of $100,000.00 or more to process for manufacturing and distribution. However, it was brought to my attention that I should start my campaign with less unit and request a lesser amount.
I do understand that it is an exceeding amount to ask for, but I am not interested in licensing the game to a toy manufacturer. I am currently looking to venture into this endeavor on my own. It all starts with a vision and like all dreams of success, you must first take the initial steps into achieving that dream. I see Kickstarter as my first steps into my dreams of success since without your financial backing i am unable to fund for my own project.
Currently, I do not have a professional prototype to show, but as a graphic designer I am able to provide a design for this product. Hopefully, you will be able to understand the creative concept behind Pegasus Gaming Units from its Game Rules and Game Designs that are provided below. My intent as the license holder and sole game creator is to use your funding to seek manufacturing and distribution for the following game editions;
PEGASUS: PRO EDITION
PEGASUS: MINI EDITION
DOMINUS: A PEGASUS EDITION
I am here because I believe in this game since it is a new abstract strategic game that was developed from three other classic game concepts like, Draughts (Checkers), Reversi (Othello) and the legendary game of Chess. It is only with your assistance and generosity that this vision will be achieved. So, it is through my humble words and great honor that I present to your attention, Pegasus Games.
PEGASUS -PRO EDITION
Pegasus is a two player strategic game where each piece must be placed on the game board. The Game is a 10x10 pegboard; each user has 50 pegs black or white; Each peg or pawn has a bottom and top, the top is the game player's home color, the bottom is the opponents' color. The objective is to jump your opponent's pawns and take over his army. The end results will be determined by the color of the game board and chosen color of Pegasus.
Age: 12+ and over
Product Details: 100 Pegs, 50 White/50 Black, 2 Home Boards, 10x10 Game Board/Reverse Cover, Storage Case and Game Timer (optional)
How To Play:
1.Choose a side; Black or White Game Pawn
2.Each player takes turn placing their pegs on board, one at a time
3.Once a peg is placed it can not be moved, unless under Game Rules
4.Player may not place pawn and make a diagonal move with another pawn.
5.Player loses turn when choosing to jump before Pawn placement
6.A player can only pass play after his or her Game Pawns are out of home board.
7. Game Pawns can be used to build Walls, to Gallop and Free Captured Pawns.
8. Captured Pawns have minor restrictions under Game Rules.
9. All Pawns must remain on board until a victory is declared, unless under Game Rules.
10. Capture as many of your opponent's pawns to claim control of the game board and color of Pegasus. Avoid jumping and confront your opponent's pawns head on.
Player Pawn Rules:
1. A Player has the choice to place pawn or move pawn from the board.
2. Solid Color pawns may only jump an opponent Game pawn, under jumping rules;
3. Solid Color pawn must jump an opponent's pawn to capture the peg into their side of play.This is also known as a Turned Pawn.
4. Solid Color pawn may not jump over its own solid color; unless Game Pawn is captured by opponent's side.
5. Solid color pawns may not jump over an own pawn's in captivity.
6. Captured Game pawn may jump over Solid colored Pawns. The jumped pegs is removed from play and returned to opponent's home board.-The term is known as Striking.
7. Captured Pawns may jump over Opponent's turned pawns, The jumped pegs is removed from play and returned to player's home board. -The term is known as Sacrificing.
8. Solid Game Pawn may jump an Opponent's Captured Pawn. The Player's Game Pawn is unturned and remains in Game Play.
Diagonal Jumping Rules:
1. Diagonal jumping is allowed, no forward or side jumping by single peg
2. A Gallop is to jump over several of your opponents pegs in a single move
3. After diagonal jump, the peg is then captured and turn bottoms up to reveal the players home color; it is not returned to opponents home board, unless jumped by turned pawns
4. Captured Pawns may jump over opponent's solid Game Pawns.This is known as Striking.
Wall Formation/Forward Jumping Rules;
1. Set of four; in diamond-shape or cube is called a wall; it also resemble Pegasus' four legs
2. Build as many of these units as possible to avoid being jumped
3. A wall allows a single peg to forward jump or be moved from pocket in any direction
4. A wall can only be rebuild from home piece; no back pegging allowed
5. A wall may not consist of turned pawns.
6. Any Pawn moving from Wall may move in any direction when galloping, as long as their is a space in between each jumping motion.
Captured Pawns Rules;
1. Solid Colored pawns must jump an Opponent's Colored pawns to capture the peg into their side of play.This is also known as a Turned Pawn (Offense) or Captured Pawn (Defense).
2. No turned or captured pawns are allowed in wall formation.
3. A Turned Pawns may jump over a Defending Colored Pawn.The jumped colored pawn is then removed from play and returned to the opponent's home board. This move is known as Striking.
4. A Captured Pawn in Offense may jump over a Turned Pawn on the opponents' side of play, The jumped pegs is removed from play and returned to player's home board. -The term is known as Sacrificing.
5. Solid Colored Pawn may jump a defending Captured Pawn. The Game Pawn is then unturned to its solid color and remains in Offensive Game Play.
6. Captured Pawns may Gallop in diagonal formation over multiple turned pawns and rules must be applied to each jump.
Captured Pawns Rules Simplified:
Solid to Solid = Opponent's Captured Pawn - Player' s Captive Pawn
1. Player's Captive to Opponent's Solid = Send Pawn Home
2. Player's Solid to Player's Captive = Releases Pawn -Turn Color
3. Player's Captive to Opponent's Captured = Send Pawn Home
4. Player's Captive to Player's Solid = Same Team - Not Possible
5. Opponent Captured to Player's Solid = Sends Pawn Home
6. Opponent's Solid to Player's Captive = Releases Pawn -Turn Color
7. Opponent's Captured to Player's Captive = Send Pawn Home
8. Opponent's Captured to Opponent's Solid= Same Team - Not Possible
How To WIN:
1.Winner is declared by overall control of game board and the color of Pegasus
2.Game ends after both players have no remaining pegs, pass play or board moves
3.Tie Breaker or Play By Points; Turned Pawns +5, Player Pawns +1; Walls +10
Materials: All Pegasus and Dominus Games will be made of Phenolic Resin or Bakelite. The pegs are guaranteed to be made of Bakelite. The final look will be appealing to consumers and perhaps made of other composite materials that compliments to pegs. Bakelite is commonly used in the manufacturing of Dominoes and Billiard Balls. My product will not be made of thermoplastic polymers, which is light weight and easy to chip or crack, this material can be found on every commercial game boards.
DOMINUS : A PEGASUS EDITION
Features: This is Pegasus Games' version of Checkers. It is played under the same game rules, except it is played on a flat Game Board with false Gold and Silver metal tokens inlaid with Black and White bakelite discus instead of the standard colored pegs.
PEGASUS :MINI EDITION
Features: 6x5 Game Board, 30 pegs, Red/Black, 15 Pawn Game, Box Storage. Great For Office or Desktop..
Accessories...Collectable colored pegs in Quadri design and peg replacement packages of 10 will be available; New Pawns can be developed in various designs and materials such as metals, granites, glass or Team logos. They can be collected in groups of 50 and used on any Pegasus or Dominus game boards. Below are some probable designs that will be included as an accessory for this product.
Conceptual Development: Pegasus is a new strategic board game. This is a modern game that helps build situation awareness and decision making; No dice or assembly required. The idea for this game was developed from the Pencil and Paper game, Dots and Box and Peg Solitaire. The results was an abstract strategic game that was given similar rules to Chess.
FUTURE PEGASUS GAME CONCEPTS;
Features: Same as Pro Edition in Red and Blue Pawns.
Features: Same as Pro Edition in Pink and White Pawns,
Features; 100 magnetic micro pegs, Black/White, 50 Pawn Game, Case Storage and Sleeve; Unspecified dimensions; For Travel.
Concept Only: I'm working on a Four Player Team Game; Colors; Green, Yellow, Red, Blue; Teams Rules Not Developed Yet.;
Concept Only; It is played under Pegasus Rules; On a Hexagonal Tower with 108 Pegs; 54 Game Pawns per player game on six 6x3 peg plates with unique peg design;
Pegasus; was a winged horse from Greek Mythology and son of Poseidon and Medusa... Its depitction has been featured in several different colors throughout the years.
The Definition of Dominus: 1: an owner as distinguished from a user ; 2: a principal as distinguished from an agent
Pegasus, it symbolizes the main objective of the game as one is to choose the game winner when one declares victory over Pegasus color or allots the most colored pegs onto the board game.
Dominus;The word is used as a title of sovereignty and later became a term known for high ranking official. It is the precursor to the title of lords, sire and sir.
A select number of Pegasus Games is offered in return for your generous pledge. You will be the first to own this game before it reaches the stores. All rewards will delivered no later than December 2015. I do not want to exceed anyone expectations with rewards that I could not fulfill. I know if this project is successfully funded then a fully developed game unit will be the easiest and most earnest reward that I could offer. Thank you all for believing in my game concept and helping me bring Pegasus Games into production. You can expect to be updated along this journey, until it is finally launched to the world.
How To Game Test At Home Without Prototype:
1. Study the Game Rules Carefully.
2. Right Click on Image, Save Image As...Onto your computer.
3. Open Image on any Photo-editing software, like Photoshop, Microsoft Paint or online at Picasa.com
4. Crop All Four Game Pieces, Black and White Boxes
5. Copy and Paste Game Pieces with Each Move
6. Fill in White Circles to Keep Track of Game Pieces that remain on Homeboard. Remember, Moves from Game Board do not count, since Game Piece is already out of Homeboard.
7. Keep track of the development of the Game, as the appearance of the Game Board will be constantly changing as the game progresses...
* Abstract Strategic Game Factorial; 100! = 9,332,621,544×10e157
This means there's 157 Zeroes after the larger number, which is also the exact calculation of permutation for the possible combinations of 100 pegs on a 100 pegboard. This is the amount of combinations possible on both Pegasus and Dominus game board. The game is never at constant since we are always manipulating the formation of the pawn as the game prolongs.
However, the odds of winning is undefined, because I'm not that advanced in Combinatorics. It would take a robot to test each permutation until revealing all the probable winning combination. The average Chess Game has a factorial of 64! or a total of 1.26886932 X 10e89 strategic combinations for capturing a game piece.
Risks and challenges
After funding, I will seek the assistance of a product development expert. Although, I wish to have my product made in the U.S.A. I have only come across one company in Canada, which i believe holds a reputable organization. This company offers what I am looking for and provides services from professional prototyping, manufacturing and distributions.
I will use my skills as a Graphic Designer and partake in the overall development of this product. I will be there personally to watch its transformation from rendered artwork to a finished product in retail stores. Therefore, I believe that with my determination and your support that Pegasus Games will be achieved financially and reach its completion.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)