It is Nigh! The DFCO App Debuts on Steam & Mac Store This Halloween!
Good news, folks! The DFCO app is set to debut on Steam and on the Apple Mac App Store soon (in the next few weeks). Details a bit further down the page, including release dates.
What About iOS and Android?
iOS and Android versions are still under development and should be coming out within a couple of months. (Turns out that the mobile versions have a few additional complexities that still need some implementation, testing, debugging, etc.)
The keys will work to unlock the expansions for the mobile versions once they’re released, even if you redeem the keys now, before the release.
Hidden Achievement is still evaluating pricing for the mobile versions of the app, but the release price should be in the appropriate range for those platforms.
In the meantime, for those of you with a laptop or desktop system who are itching to get some electronic play happening soonest, you'll be having a happy Halloween indeed.
A Recap: What Was Funded
Our last stretch goal for the campaign was to unlock free expansions in the app version of the game.
Due to the way some of the digital marketplaces for apps work, we couldn't put together a deal where you could get the app itself for free. You'll still need to pay for that.
But the expansions that this KS funded — Fan Favorites, Helping Hands, Wardens Attack — and the Mouse deck and variants too, you'll be able to get for free by setting up your KS backer keys with your Hidden Achievement account.
Sometime in the next few days we'll be sending those keys out to you from BackerKit. You can get your account set up in advance of getting that key, tho, so keep reading.
Setting Up Your Account for the App (Do This Now)
Here's are instructions for redeeming your key to unlock the expansions.
First, create an account on the Hidden Achievement website. You can do this part right now before your key even arrives:
- Open your web browser and visit https://accounts-dfco.hiddenachievement.com/
- Click the "Register" button
- Fill in your information - pick an account name that you will use to log in (this is not a screen name, and will not ever be visible to others), enter your full name, email address, and pick a password.
- Check the confirmation boxes.
- Click the "Register" button at the bottom of the form.
After you register, you will receive an automated email with a code to complete your registration. Once that has arrived, click the link in the email or enter the code and then log in to your account.
At this point, we recommend you enable a form of two-factor authentication to increase your account security. You can either use an authenticator app like Google Authenticator, or enable email-based two-factor authentication.
Redeeming Your Free Expansions Key (Once It Arrives)
Once your key arrives from BackerKit (I'll be working on setting that up next!), head back to the Hidden Achievement website.
Click on the "Keys" section of your profile, enter the key in the box, and click "Redeem". You should see the key information and entitlements show up. Congratulations! You're done until you have your copy of the game.
What To Do After the App Releases
Using your account in the game to unlock expansions:
After you've launched the game, you can go to the "Network" section of the "Options" screen and log in with the account you created above. That will unlock all the expansion content.
Other Important Details
- Release date/time: October 30, 22:00 PDT / October 31 01:00 EDT / October 31 05:00 GMT
- App Price on Steam & Mac: Base game: US$19.99 Standard (CDN$21.99, £14.99, €19.99, 419₽), first week launch discount price US$16.99 (15% off)
- Expansions 1-3 (which backers will get for free thanks to their key): US$4.99 Standard (CDN$5.69, £3.99, €4.99, 133₽) or 10% off if purchased as a bundle.
- Steam (Windows/Mac, can wishlist now): http://store.steampowered.com/app/661280/Dresden_Files_Cooperative_Card_Game/
- Mac App Store (link won't work until the release date): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dresden-files-co-op-card-game/id1249868527?ls=1&mt=12
- Language support: Currently only available English, but Hidden Achievement is working on localization.
Is It Good? Level With Me, Fred!
Whoa mamma. :) I've been playing the game off & on as a playtester during development. It's a very faithful adaptation of the game for sure, and makes what's already a fast to setup/play/breakdown game into something even faster. I haven't gotten a chance to play multiplayer yet, but I know others have, and for me it's been fantastic for solitaire play and getting to spend some time with decks I don't see as often at the table. If you like it on the table, you'll definitely like it on the screen!
I'm Ready. Lay Some Sweet Visuals On Me!
Sounds like you missed the game's trailer. Which is an excellent note to end this post on. Here you go!