Where We Are At
Bullet points and headers this time, keeping it as short and to the point as I can manage!
- We have roughly ~20 backers whose cards did not correctly charge when covering their remaining balances in BackerKit.
- We have roughly ~60 backers who are due shippables, but who will not be getting them because their information is not complete in BackerKit, due to never or only partially responding previously.
- I have written to each of these backers via the Kickstarter messaging system, so if you have a message from me dated today (Feb 1st 2017) in your Kickstarter Message inbox you are likely one of the above backers. Please read the message and take appropriate action today!
- Not sure where to find your Kickstarter Message inbox? It's one of the many links in the little drop-down menu on your avatar in the upper right corner of most KS pages, but what the hey, let me link you there directly: https://www.kickstarter.com/messages
State of Shipping
- United States backers, some great news: the first shipping container (of three — three!) arrived at Alliance yesterday, and another is due in today, with the final one showing up around the end of the week or just into next. That means we should be able to start our shipping operation by mid-month at the latest. It's by far the largest segment we need to ship, so it's not certain where in the process your specific shipment will go out. Given our large backer count I expect it to take several weeks at least.
- Canada backers, we need to get all your stuff from the USA up to Starlit Citadel so the Canadian ship-out effort can begin. That process will begin next week, and I'm not yet sure how long it will take before stuff is with Starlit and ready to go.
- Australia & New Zealand backers whose orders only contain DFCO items (e.g., no non-DFCO add-ons) will begin to ship thanks to Aetherworks in the next week or so. Proximity to China for the win!
- Australia & New Zealand backers whose orders do contain other add-ons will need to wait a few extra weeks while we wrangle getting those items across the entire frickin' Pacific Ocean to Aetherworks.
- United Kingdom and all other international destinations, the shipment has arrived at port but needs to be cleared through customs by GamesQuest's folks before it can get to them and the shipping effort can begin. I don't have a solid time estimate on how long this process will take, but I won't be surprised if it's still a few weeks out before shipping can fully begin.
- Regardless, overall it looks like we're going to beat our start-of-shipping estimate of March by a month, and in the worst case we'll land right on that target. Almost as if we planned it that way.
The Road Ahead & Thanks
- We'll have a bunch of DFCO (literal tons) available to sell in distribution and game store retail come late May/early June, and we'll launch the not-as-special-as-you-folks preorder on our webstore later this month...
- ... so we hope you'll tear into the game and tell folks about the fun you have with it when it arrives for you over the next couple months! Word of mouth as always is the strongest factor in a game's commercial success. That's your delicious mouth-words we're talking about there. For real!
- You are awesome and super great and don't you ever forget it.
- Thanks as always for your support!