POW! Next Stretch Revealed: YOUNG CENTURIONS
We hit our first stretch goal — Atomic Robo: Majestic 12 — in our first full day of the campaign. Thank you for bringing us so far already! But as you already know, we ain't done yet.
And that means it's time to announce our next stretch goal: our first, Accelerated-style successor* to the now-out-of-print Spirit of the Century. That's right, we're talking about...
* (What's the other, Core-style successor to Spirit of the Century? Why, it's the still-in-development 1980s-inflected Shadow of the Century! You can stay apprised of its development milestones on the Evil Hat Project Status Page. Beta playtesting is slated for March!)
We'll put Young Centurions into print when this campaign reaches its next stretch goal at $35,000. (Bit of a bigger increment than the last one — we need to make sure we're staying current with covering the shipping bills along with funding the printing costs!) This will be a 160-page, hardcover, full color interior book. The cover art and interior art are currently underway, expected to wrap up a few weeks after this campaign does.
Young Centurions is an explicitly young adult focused take on the Spirit of the Century universe, tying together with (enhanced by, not requiring) the Sally Slick novel(s) we've released/have in the works. That's not to say you have to stay YA-focused with your use of Young Centurions, though. You can easily drift it to cover other settings, other types of action, other time periods—just like its predecessor.
Want to learn more? Here's what it's all about!
Every adventure starts somewhere…
Every hero story has its origins. Bring those tales to life with the Young Centurions RPG! This family-friendly game puts you in the shoes of teenage pulp heroes of the early 1910s. Take on the neighborhood bully…or a mad scientist bent on world domination…or both! Discover ancient artifacts and get home before the dinner bell. Join your friends for exciting adventures at home and abroad.
In the Young Centurions RPG, you’ll find:
- Streamlined Fate-Accelerated-style rules set in a fun pulp atmosphere
- A Campaign Rating system to help you easily adjust your games to the maturity level of your players
- Rules for Century stunts, mentors, and current approaches to integrate into your Fate Accelerated games
- Everything you need to set off on high stakes adventure—character creation, story ideas, rules—all in one easy-to-digest package
Young Centurions. A world of adventure awaits!
New Tiers Now & On Their Way
We'll continue to add new reward tiers as the campaign progresses, to make it easy on you to just pick a tier rather than do the math indicated in the Bibliophile reward tier. :) We've already added the TRIPLE and QUADRUPLE BIBLIOPHILE tiers, and more will follow as new stretches are revealed.
And that's it for today's update! Thanks as always for your support and your continued efforts to hit our stretches — we promised you more, and we're excited to see you respond to this campaign so positively. More books, more Fate! Let's do this.