Status Report for June: Tentative Timeline
Heyo! So last month we said "here's the update for March" even tho it was May. Let that be the last time we get a minor detail wrong. Here, then, are the facts as they stand, as best as we know them.
- It's June. For reals! I know, I was shocked as well by this information.
- The dice and tokens are currently projected to arrive at our fulfillment service by the end of August. Projections can change—we're dealing with product shipments via the literal slow boat from China—but our manufacturing partner is usually good about getting this right, plus or minus a couple weeks at worst, and barring any strange delaying factors, be it weather, customs, or ill-considered trade wars.
- That timeline should firm up with more accuracy as we get closer to the end of that month.
- Based on that timeline, we expect to launch the BackerKit in order to collect your $5 shipping fees, and to let you configure your selections and provide your shipping addresses for a Septemberish delivery.
- Assuming we get prompt responses in August, we'll try to get all shipments out in September (three months early, huzzah!).
- That would allow us to release the products to distribution a couple months later. (We won't release them until we're satisfied we've filled all orders for those who submitted them in August.)
Pretty chuffed by the timeline here, it's looking good so far. Thanks to everyone who dropped by and said hi at Origins. I was very glad to be able to give you a peek at the prototypes!
And to everyone, thanks as always for your support. If you have any questions for us, please leave them in the comments on this post.