Today the campaign portion of this Kickstarter concluded. Nearly 900 of you pledged over $24,000 to help us extend our Fate Dice line and launch a new line of Fate Point tokens.
Thank you so much! We can't wait to feast on the dice and fate points. What? We only said YOU shouldn't eat them. Dice are an important part of our daily diet!
First up, there's a 14-day period during which Kickstarter will attempt to process all our backers' pledge payments. If any of those fail, they'll retry periodically over the course of those two weeks.
If you end up with a payment issue, don't worry. We'll make it possible later on with BackerKit (more on that below) for you to re-pledge once your payment issues are sorted out, if you can't get the issues resolved through Kickstarter during this two-week period. Just drop us a direct message here on Kickstarter if you have any questions.
We also need to get some balls rolling on the manufacturing side of things. First and foremost will be us getting the mold made for the Fate Point tokens and some actual physical samples so we can approve the overall design in the flesh, as well as show y'all some of the pretties. We'll also be getting the manufacturing runs on the Accelerated Core set and those Infernal Dice underway too.
In a few months, we'll launch the BackerKit. It's important that we get those manufacturing things taken care of first, as well as let Kickstarter have its payment processing period, before we get the BackerKit part of things going.
In case you don't remember the details about BackerKit, here's the deal. BackerKit is what they call a pledge manager. It will let us do a few things:
- Collect the additional fees for shipping we mentioned in the reward tier descriptions and on the campaign page.
- Get address information collected so we can plan our shipping effort later this year.
- Allow people to make selections of what they want to spend their pledge money on: which sets of dice, fate point tokens, and other items from our catalog.*
- Run a preorder for the funded items, so folks who missed the fundraising part of the Kickstarter can still pick up items from it as early as possible.
* We probably won't put our WHOLE catalog up there (that's a lot of data and configuration time) but we'll have all our available dice sets as well as some of our newer releases listed. If there's something missing that you're keen on getting, you can always ask us to add it.
Eventually, shipping! If all goes according to plan, we should be able to beat our December shipping target by a few months, but we'll have to see what the manufacturing timeline looks like after we've gotten a chance to approve the Fate Point prototypes we haven't gotten made yet. We gave the December target because we wanted a big buffer: this isn't our first time manufacturing dice in China, and we know the timelines can get pretty variable. (Not to mention just yesterday, the country's President sounded gung-ho for starting a trade war, so who knows if that will throw wrenches into the works?) Bottom line, buffer good, but we like to beat our deadlines whenever we can.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We like getting questions, and we like answering them even more.
And of course, thank you as always for your support!