This project's funding goal was not reached on June 5, 2011.
About this project
DesignBlocks is an open-source, web-based visual programming language that makes it easy to control lines, shapes, colors and images to create generative and interactive artworks. It uses the same visual grammar as the Scratch programming language, but has a vocabulary more suited for visual art and design. Inspired by Processing, DesignBlocks aims to make programming more accessible to artists and visually-minded people. This programming environment invites people to try commands and tinker with concepts to make programming more intuitive and discoverable, without relying on obscure syntax or discouraging error messages. The programs can then be shared and viewed through the public DesignBlocks website. With supplemental documentation and teaching materials, DesignBlocks can also be used to explore programming in an educational setting.Visual programming in DesignBlocks
- Fix current bugs
- Add SVG output
- Test on portable Internet tablets that support HTML5
- Add a better commenting system to the website
- Make an offline version available for users without Internet access
- Create a forum for users to connect and support each other
- Begin user testing and collecting feedback
- Publish the source code under the GPL license
- Add a Spanish translation
- Update the support documentation
- Support test users over email
- Continue testing and collecting user feedback
Thank you for your interest in DesignBlocks!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (35 days)