We are Everest Horology Products,
A company that focuses on quality, its customers and creating unique high-end watch products for Rolex enthusiasts. The Everest band, our first product, is for those Rolex sports watch owners who want to modify their watch to become more rugged, modern and comfortable. The band fully integrates into both the Rolex case and the Rolex clasp, keeping the essence of the timepiece but modernizing the look of the watch all together. We are producing two colors, black which is shown and Orange, which is not. The good news is that the orange color we have choosen is deep and is perfect for deep sea divers!
A Tale of Two Watches
Essentially, what the Everest Band does is allow you to have two incredible watches by just changing the band. The Everest band is a strap that allows you to do extreme sports such as rock climbing, mountain biking and surfing. Now the Rolex wearer has the peace of mind that you are not going to damage your links or bracelet. Additionally, the Everest Band is incredibly comfortable, lightens the weight of the watch and ensures that you will not be damaging the original Rolex links and bracelet. Other luxury watch companies have sold their timepieces with two bands, one steel and one rubber. This way the wearer has two options one for extreme activities and one for classic elegance. The Everest Band allows the Rolex enthusiast to have the best of both worlds while wearing their favorite timepiece.
Some of the Benefits and Features of the Everest Band are:
- It creates a whole new look, modernizing the timeless look of your Rolex Sports watch collection.
- Reduces the weight of the timepiece and is an incredibly comfortable alternative to the current Oyster bracelet.
- The Everest Band allows you to keep the essence of your watch by integrating the Rolex clasp perfectly. All of the function of the clasp(s) are not lost with the band. You can still use the Diver's extension system on the submariner and the EasyLink system on the Ceramic GMT.
- It is made of an incredibly high grade elastomer, that is UV resistant, untearable and will not have any reaction to your skin. It is not natural rubber or silicone. Most high grade luxury watches are switching to this unique TPE material, because of its unique rubber like characteristics without any of the down side. The material is completely resistant to all elements and can take quite a bit of abuse!
- The Everest Band ensures that the most commonly scratched portion of your watch, the bracelet, stays safe and unscratched.
- We have a Solid End Link that perfectly attaches to the watch case. This end link is made out of an incredibly durable material, since it will receive so much stress on it.
- Simply, it looks great, feels great, and is built to keep the essence of the Rolex Sports watch collection.
Band is made in America
Our eyes have been opened by the technology and quality we have here in the United States. Obviously, there are very few watch parts made here in the United States, but at Everest Horology Products we find it essential to have our products made entirely in the USA. We partnered with an unbelievable organization in New York, which focuses their rubber parts manufacturing on quality and durability, and leaves nothing to chance. We are proud to be American manufacturers helping our economy, while creating a product of the highest quality and benefit.
Become an Everest Man (or Everest Woman!!)
We need you to help us take this project to the final stage. We have taken the time, money and effort to design, prototype, and test and re-test the most incredible Rolex modification ever. Our product requires two forms to be manufactured for molding the rubber band. We have paid for the molds to be made and the testing that is needed to prepare the product for the Rolex sports collection watch wearer. What we will be using the funding for is any final mold preparation, the production of the first run of the product, and any ancillary costs associated with finalizing future production runs. By becoming a backer of Everest Horology Products, you will become a cornerstone in our organization and allow us to get this wonderful product for your Rolex into your hands and onto your wrist! Thank you graciously for your support. Currently, we have over 300 pre-orders (we did not accept any monies to pre-order) for our Rolex watch band solution and just need these funds to get this product to those customers who have waited patiently. We encourage those customers to also become backers so they can take advantage of the dramatically reduced price!
Production Plan and Scheduling
- First, there will be a bunch of High Fives and CHEST BUMPS!!!
- Next, we will have to wait up to 20 days for the funding to properly transfer into our corporate account…..
- We will contact our incredible manufacturer and request for then to produce our first run, also we will pay them for the production of the Everest Band and any final production work.
- They have informed us it will take them less then a week to complete our order of 600 bands.
- Once received we will quality check each band thoroughly, actually install it on a Rolex watch for testing purposes, box the product and prepare it for shipping. We have already purchased the packaging and are just awaiting the product.
- We intend to send out our entire order from our kickstarter list in October of 2012!
Some Great Websites about the Everest Band:
Also - we are not affliated with Rolex or any other watch company, we just love Rolex's designs and watches. Thanks again!
Risks and challenges
We have begun production, the boxes are ready to ship. As long as the project is funded, everyone gets the strap!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)