(all the music you hear in the video are demos from the upcoming record)
We are traveling from Santa Fe to San Francisco to record a once-in-a-lifetime album on analog tape at Tiny Telephone Studios, with producer/guitarist Mark Engles and a five-piece band. We need your help to make this happen!
Using the KickStarter website, you can pre-order our upcoming album, artwork, and more, providing us with the opportunity to fund this professional project. KickStarter is all or nothing, so our goal amount must be reached before the deadline in order for us to receive the money you've pledged. Even $1 will help! (Browse through the incentives on the right side of this page!)
We have been are working full-time on pre-production for months, planning this great venture to the coast. We want to record at the end of this Summer and release the album in the Spring of 2013.
A five piece band; Pianist/guitarist/vocalist Andrew Tumason, Vocalist Miranda Scott, producer / guitarist Mark Engles, upright bassist Brendan Carn, drummer John Schuman, and hopefully a String Quintet.
Besides Tumason's roots in the bay area, we want to coalesce our musical concepts with the vibrancy of the city. We want to take our music from the desert to the ocean, and then tour the world.
Recording at Tiny Telephone Studios in San Francisco will make a HUGE difference in the quality of the album’s sound; it is a professional studio with great vintage equipment, including analog tape machines (reel-to-reel tape recording like in the ol’ days, before the digital age).
This is a professional project and we are working with experienced, skilled musicians and masters of the trade. This is our way of investing in the quality of our music and artwork.
We produced our first record, High Collar Dark Sky, with original music and artwork, all by us. Miranda was only 19 at the time of its release! We completed the production with world renown percussionist Greg Ellis, and the album received nominations in the 2010 Independent Music Awards and The New Mexico Music Awards.
You will receive some truly one-of-a-kind rewards; (browse through the incentives on the right side of this page)
- The one, and ONLY, Evarusnik Piano, which we have written over three albums on! Full-Upright, Kurtzman 1908. Listen to ‘The River Curve’ from our debut album High Collar Dark Sky – that’s the piano! It will be a bittersweet departure, however, we are excited and thankful to even have the opportunity to offer our piano to help support this project.
- CD’s, Vinyl, & poster artwork
- An exclusive, un-released Originals EP, for Kickstarter backers only
- Surprise concept album artwork. Ante up!
- A travel journal with Evarusnik artwork & photos, and blank pages for your own writing.
- A private concert in the Aspens above Santa Fe in our favorite, off-the-trail location, with up to four people (tea and snacks included).
- A private concert with a home-cooked meal for two at Evarusnik’s studio in Santa Fe. (We can cater to any diet; vegan, organic, etc.. However, we recommend Andrew’s famous curry or pasta.)
You will receive a 'backers' survey' where you can let us know if you would like the ACE or VINYL category for pledges $75 and above. If you would like to combine rewards, just add up the total and we will ask you for your rewards description when you receive the ' backers survey.' Contact us with any questions!(Please add $5 for shipping outside the United States)
Funds will go towards professional studio fees, sound engineering fees, cd & vinyl production, musician fees, mastering, artwork production, and if we go over our goal, we can have a String Quintet on the record.
Thank you for supporting independent musicians!
(Photos by Evarusnik and Jared Weiss)
- (34 days)