Funds raised before the deadline will go directly into launching my career forward & help me achieve some important musical goals... (BELOW)
So far we have funded the completion of Puzzle Heart by raising our initial $6,000 goal in just 2 WEEKS!!!
Thank you for your support & belief in me. I’ve been so touched and inspired by your contributions. I promise to work tirelessly & passionately to live up to this incredible gift you have given me. This is a memorable and meaningful way to begin my career… Thank you.
Here are my specific goals:
- Complete my first-ever album, "Puzzle Heart"
- Recoup remaining costs of making this album (Start to finish, I will spend between $8,000-$9,000.)
- Promote the album & CD Release Show.
- Produce 1 (or more) professional music video(s) for the album.
- Tour. Shows, Shows & More Shows. I can pay for travel costs & hire a regular band to rehearse/perform my songs.
- Equip my band properly so we can perform ANYWHERE & play ANYTHING!
- Develop one-of-a-kind “Puzzle Heart” merchandise for fans & give-aways at live shows!
- Enter word-renowned songwriting contests with costly entrance fees.
- Collaborate with industry professionals who can give my music exposure.
- Polish my website to enhance communication with fans.
- Record MORE music in the near future to share with you!
…And that is just the beginning.
Please help me continue to spread the word about this project!
How Do I Help?
Every dollar counts! Please browse the rewards (to the right), Make a pledge & Spread the word to your friends! How it works.
Sharing is Caring! Whether or not you can afford to donate, word of mouth is vital for success... Any way you can help me share this on Facebook, or via Email, etc. is SUCH a huge help!
Why is 'Puzzle Heart' Important to Me?
It's about introducing myself as a musical artist and beginning a career doing what I love most- making music and connecting with others. This album will allow me to accomplish the following:
- Book more gigs with a band.
- Grow a fan base.
- Make a personal connection with my listeners.
- Sleep more peacefully...
- Make cool new music videos for YouTube.
- Be taken seriously as a musical artist.
- Attempt to get my songs on Commercials, TV or Film.
- Finally move forward and write new music for you.
- Get my career off to a solid start.
- Establish a unique voice as an artist.
- Sell CD's at shows & save up for further projects/equipment.
- ...the possibilities are endless!
How Much Does it Cost to Make an Album?
Making an album as an independent artist (meaning unsigned & without financial assistance from a record company), takes a HUGE commitment of time and money.
It costs pop superstar Rihanna roughly $18,000 PER SONG to make a hit record, according to NPR.
For me however, fresh out of school & making an album for under $10,000 is an exciting journey, forcing me to be creative and resourceful...
Imagine this: my funds are somewhat limited, BUT creative control isn't! No pressures from a label. Puzzle Heart is going to be 100% authentic & very unique.
What are YOUR expenses?
- Recording 6 songs in an affordable studio (115 hours) = $1,350
- Hiring sound engineers, a mixing/mastering engineer & project manager for 6 months = $4,500
- Hiring studio musicians = $1,800
- Professionally packaging 1,000 physical copies & Getting songs on iTunes etc. = $900
- Plus miscellaneous taxi fares for moving equipment, feeding the crew, art supplies for album art, promoting the album, etc.
Start to finish, making the album will cost me a minimum of $8,000.
We've already recorded the tunes, now we need to finish paying everyone involved, mix & master the album, duplicate CD's, and package the CD's with my original album artwork.
Tell me more about Puzzle Heart.
- For regular updates in your Facebook Newsfeed about Puzzle Heart, simply hit the "like" button when you visit the Erica Leigh Fan Page.
- To receive the Erica Leigh Newsletter for exclusive monthly updates, downloads & videos, sign up at EricaLeigh.com.
- PUZZLE HEART will be a 6-song EP comprised of my own tunes, PLUS my original artwork. You wont be able to find something quite like this anywhere else. With the funds raised, I will be creating the cover art AND paintings to correspond with each track on the album. This concept artwork will eventually be turned into posters for fans & on display at the Fall 2012 CD release show, for an all-encompassing Puzzle Heart experience. The series will be on display at several Boston-area coffee shops throughout the coming year.
- The album has many cool layers of sound which I know you'll enjoy hearing... Instruments include: Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass, Drum Set, Percussion, Clarinet, Glockenspiel, Background Vocals, String Ensemble & some other hidden elements you'll have to listen closely to pick out!
- Some of THE most talented & accomplished musicians I have ever met are featured on this record, not to mention every inch of this album is being recorded in a pristine Boston-area studio with top-of-the-line recording equipment.
- I am thankful for the immense contributions of my talented team of engineers & musicians. We have worked together to make this album an intricate patch-work quilt of influences and ideas.
- A couple samples from the album are featured in the video above. I can't wait to share all of this album with you! These songs are meant to touch you & deeply connect with you as a human being. They are vulnerable and meaningful. You could call them snapshots in time, reflecting upon experiences that myself and others have had.
Email me personally at any time to ask specifics about any of these prizes at email@example.com OR you can post your questions on the comments page right here, so that others can see them too!
"Our Love" TESTIMONIALS:
- “You are amazing! We can’t thank you enough for all that you did. You and your lovely voice added so much to our wedding! We truly believe that God hand-picked you to be part of our day. We wish you the best of luck in your future. May you continue to bring as much joy to others as you did us…” -Sam & L.A.
- "You performed this at my son's wedding! I MET you!! He and his partner got married October 9, 2011. It was pure beauty. Thank you so much for making their special day even more memorable. And the song......well, perfect does not begin to describe it. Thanks so much." -Amanda
- "We heard Erica perform this song in New Hampshire and loved it so much we HAD to have it at our wedding. She was gracious enough to travel up and hide out for hours between the sound check and the performance because it was a surprise for my new husband. It was so amazing and memorable! Such a beautiful song and so meaningful and special! I can't even tell you how many people have written asking for Erica's info. Thank you so much and we are spreading your name and work far and wide! It was truly a unique and joyful addition. I really don't have words to express how perfect the performance was and how touched we were by it! Thanks again!" -Jason
- ERICA!!!! I love you so much. I can not thank you enough for writing this beautiful song... You are an amazing songwriter/performer/friend. Our wedding would not have been the same without you. <3" -Julie
- "Erica, we saw you perform "Our Love" in honor of Trevor and Jason's wedding at their reception at Gunstock ski area. Not a dry eye in the house! You're amazing and we can't wait for your CD to be released!" -The Boltons
CLICK HERE to hear an acoustic demo of "Our Love" & Read the back story on how it was written. Preview a sample of the Puzzle Heart album version of "Our Love" in the video above!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (45 days)