Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD Roleplaying Game
Explore Mega-City One and beyond with the official tabletop roleplaying game for the galaxy's greatest comic!
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Thu, October 25 2018 11:00 PM UTC +00:00.
Judge. Jury. Executioner. Play as a Judge of Mega-City One and bust perps, Sov spies, and mutant raiders in this action-packed standalone tabletop roleplaying game, bringing to life the iconic characters and worlds found in the legendary British comic 2000 AD. This book is your introduction to Mega-City One, and your gateway to a line of supplements based on 2000 AD's many characters and settings.
These books are brought to you by Darren Pearce (Doctor Who; Lone Wolf), Robert Schwalb (Dungeons & Dragons; Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay), Andrew Peregrine (Doctor Who; Firefly; Buffy The Vampire Slayer), Russ Morrissey (What's OLD is NEW), and Nick Robinson.
- Full colour 270-page hardcover Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD core rulebook!
- The Robot Wars, 100-pages, the first in a series of softcover sourcebooks and adventures!
- Sturdy two-sided cardboard 4-panel GM screen full of handy reference charts and tables!
- Beautiful cardstock tokens to represent your characters and their foes!
- Also, we are offering a limited edition version of the core rulebook with a special cover exclusive to this Kickstarter!
We are producing a full-colour hardcover core rulebook for the all-new Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD tabletop roleplaying game. This book contains all the rules and setting information you need to play any character in Mega-City One, and is the core rulebook for the entire line of 2000 AD settings and worlds.
- Play a Judge, Civilian, or Perp!
- Choose from Humans, Clones, Robots, Mutants, Chimps, Gorillas, and Orangutans!
- Wield the iconic Lawgiver sidearm and ride the mighty Lawmaster motorcycle!
- Read about Mega-City One, as well as other worlds of 2000 AD!
- Core rulebook contains everything you need to play in Mega-City One, and provides the core rules upon which the many worlds of 2000 AD are based!
Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD is a standalone roleplaying game. You do not need any other books in order to play. This 250+ page book introduces you to Mega-City One, and allows you to play Judges, Perps, or Civilians in that futuristic metropolis. This is also the core rulebook for future setting books which will detail many of your favourite 2000 AD properties, such as Rogue Trooper, Sláine, Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors, and many more!
Having trouble working out which package you want? Use our handy-dandy Pledge Picker, below!
If you want to add individual products to one of the pledge levels below, you can do so using the Add-Ons, found at the bottom of this page.
Check out these previews of the game!
2000 AD is a multi-award winning weekly British cult-sci-fi comic anthology that has been running since 1977. Having featured dozens of writers and artists over the years, including Pat Mills, Alan Grant, Grant Morrison, Mark Millar, John Wagner and Alan Moore, 2000 AD brings you an explosive cocktail of sci-fi and fantasy, infused with a mean streak of irony and wry black humour.
2000 AD is future lawmen in vast megacities. It is post apocalyptic wastelands filled with mutants. It is celtic barbarians and druids fighting evil drunelords. It is robot warriors taming a lawless Mars. It is ancient accords between the British Crown and Hell. It is intergalactic cargo trucks adventuring through space. It is extra-dimensional agencies who repair anomalies across the alternate realities. It is Houdini, Lovecraft, and Doyle as paranormal investigators in the 1920s. It is alien freedom fighters seeking to end the tyranny of humans on a far future Earth. It is genetically engineered soldiers bred for war. And it is much, much more.
The worlds of 2000 AD are diverse indeed. And you can play in them all!
This 270-page book contains the following chapters!
Accompanying the core rulebook is The Robot Wars, a 100-page adventure and sourcebook. This softcover book contains rules for Robot player characters, and two adventures set during the Robot Wars themselves!
Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD uses the What's OLD is NEW (WOIN) game system. Here are some of the features of that system:
- d6 dice pools. Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD uses d6 dice pools to resolve actions. You form a dice pool by adding dice from an attribute, a skill, and equipment. For example, a burglar trying to pick a lock might have 3d6 from her AGILITY attribute, 2d6 from her thievery skill, and 1d6 from her high quality thieves tools, meaning she gets to roll 6d6. The dice are added together and compared to a target number. Detailed rules for simple tasks, extended tasks, and competitive tasks using the same core mechanic allow for a flexible variety of challenges.
- Life-path careers system. Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD uses a "life-path" system for character creation. You create a character by selecting a number of sequential careers which represent periods of your character's life since childhood. Each career adds to your character's age, and increases various attributes and skills, as well as granting a special ability while adding to your character's history and backstory.
Yes, we have stretch goals! Our policy with Kickstarters is that we don't promise anything we can't immediately deliver. For that reason, you won't see a long list of future books here (we do plan on lots of future books, but our stretch goals are strictly stuff we can deliver right away!)
We've appeared all over the internet in the last few weeks. Catch up with the interviews, podcasts, and previews at the links below!
- We were interviewed by Richard Bruton from Rebellion (the owners of 2000 AD) over on the official 2000 AD website!
- Vampifan's WOIN Blog kicked off the previews with an exclusive look at the core rulebook!
- Our friends over at Bell of Lost Souls have an exclusive preview of Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD! "I am now more on board with this game than any other game I’ve ever seen in my life. I just want to play a Gorilla and jump into combat and throw foes against a wall."
- Dawn of Comics takes a look at the upcoming game!
- Geek Native takes a peek at some psionic powers, engineering and hacking skill tasks, monsters/NPCs like the Toad in the Hole and Skysurfer, a table for generating random crime encounters, and a brief look at Brit Cit and the Cursed Earth!
- Gamers Web has an interview with three of the designers of the upcoming game! It covers the history of Dredd, the game mechanics, and more!
- Russ Morrissey, designer of the W.O.I.N system joins the lads on the awesome "What Would The Smart Party Do?" podcast to talk about this new take on Judge Dredd and the Worlds of 2000 AD. A nostalgiac trip to the early days of gaming, inside scoops and future products, a view of the system, chat about how to make a successful Kickstarter and more await you! Head straight on over here to hear the podcast!
- Dawn of Comics takes another look at The Robot Wars right here!
- There was an episode of Morrus' Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk devoted to the upcoming Judge Dredd RPG, featuring three of the designers of the game talking in depth.
We previewed The Robot Wars over at EN World just recently!
- Russ Morrissey (Morrus) appeared in a live streamed interview over at Victory Condition Gaming!
- There's an interview with Russ Morrissey, Darren Pearce, and Andy Peregrine over on EN World.
- Geek & Sundry has featured the game in an awesome article/preview!
- The game has been featured over on industry website ICv2.com.
Do you need more counters? An extra book? The default pledge levels not quite right for you? You can add extra items here. Increase your pledge level manually by the following amounts. You may add multiples. You must also add £1 shipping for each item.
Note: you MUST have backed an existing physical core rulebook pledge level to get add-ons. You cannot add these add-ons to the digital pledge levels (Cadet, and Rookie) or to Psi-Judge -- you must have pledged for a physical core rulebook.
- Standard Rulebook. £35/$45/40 EUR
- Limited Edition Rulebook. £60/$80/70 EUR
- The Robot Wars. £20/$25 USD/22 EUR
- GM Screen. £20/$25 USD/22 EUR
- Counter Set. £20/$25 USD/22 EUR
- Shipping. + £1/$2/1 EUR per item.
How to add an add-on: first, make a pledge for a physical reward tier which includes a core rulebook (not one of the digital tiers or the Citizen, Retailer, or Psi-Judge tier). You need to have pledged for at least one physical core rulebook. Then, when you enter the amount of your pledge, calculate and add to the base pledge value of that tier the total plus shipping of the add-ons you want from the list above.
There are also two PDF add-ons:
- GM Screen. £10/$13 USD/11 EUR
Counter Set. £10/$13 USD/11 EUR
2000 AD® is a registered trademark. Judge Dredd® is a registered trademark © 2018 Rebellion 2000AD Ltd. All rights reserved. All imagery and characters © 2018 Rebellion 2000 AD Ltd. Artwork used with permission of the copyright holder. www.2000AD.com.
Risks and challenges
We know it's frustrating to wait ages and ages once a Kickstarter has funded. This time, you won't have to. We take a different approach to our Kickstarters -- the rewards have already been produced and approved by Rebellion, the owner of 2000 AD. Upon completion of the Kickstarter, we will immediately order a print run, and ship them quickly (realistically, that means we wait for Kickstarter funds to clear, order the full print run, and then ship the rewards, so we estimate that "quickly" in this context means the beginning of 2019). No waits of months or years! Note that that applies to physical rewards: digital rewards will be fulfilled as soon as the campaign ends. You will receive the PDF version as soon as the Kickstarter ends and all funds are cleared; again, no wait.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter