About this project
The Kickstarter for this gorgeous softcover book is over! Sorry! Please check out EN5ider for more content like this!
These seven classes originally appeared in EN5ider, the 5th Edition patreon. Over time, they have been revised and updated after plenty of feedback from the community, and now they're ready to be presented as a full-colour softcover book! Each is a full class, along with archetypes; plus the collection includes a selection of supporting feats, spells, items, backgrounds, and monsters to help make the most from them. And yes, that includes the Noble, the name of our "Warlord" class!
That's not all, of course. For those with a bigger appetite, you can also get 45 new subclasses. Scroll down for more information on that!
From authors C. Richard Davies, Matt Roth, Josh Gentry, Mike Myler, and A. Nova; and illustrated by Nick Cramp, Ellis Goodson, Indi Martin, Sade, J.E. Shields, Phil Stone, Egil Thompson, Jen Tracy, and Shannon White.
In these pages you'll find:
- The Alchemist: Scientific Sorcery. The alchemist uses an almost scientific approach to magic to make alchemical discoveries. Will your alchemist become immune to poison, or discover the Elixir of Life? Will you delve into the Science of Creation and build a homunculus, or research the Science of Destruction and devise explosives? We also expand on the alchemist class with three new Advanced Studies: the Science of Illumination, the Science of Mutation, and the Science of Regeneration. Also included are two new spells, and an update which gives the alchemist a little more “oomph.”
- The Cardcaster: Seers of Fate. The cardcaster uses a tarot deck to release magic, playing cards to cast spells—although she doesn’t always have control over what spells are currently made available to her by the winds of fate! Also included are three archetypes: the Knight of Swords, which embodies mental force and determination; the Page of Wands, which embodies the magical power of creation; and the Queen of Cups, with embodies the emotions. This class is also supported by new feats and new secrets, including the King of Pentacles, which pertains to thrift and wealth; and the Jack of Beasts, which unleashes the trapped spirits of monsters.
- The Diabolist: Students of Darkness. Diabolists deal with forbidden secrets and dark entities, grasping for power through dark pacts. While they have things in common with necromancers and warlocks, diabolists are something entirely more…diabolical! Also included are two Dark Paths: the Demonic path and the Devilish path. We also introduce some conjured horrors, such as the accuser devil, contract devil, and more!
- The Feywalker: A Taste of Primal Chaos. The feywalker is a mysterious warrior with mystical powers. Feywalkers can teleport short distances, breathe in air and water, and enchant others with a glance. They can also choose from three primal spheres: beasts, plants, or entropy.
- The Morph: Changing Faces. The morph is a shapechanging specialist, able to slide between different forms. Morphs have a choice of three Essences—the Doppleganger, the Primordial Beast, and the Trickster—and a selection of Morph Talents they can choose from and acquire.
- The Noble: Chessmaster and Commander. Leader, tactician, and a source of inspiration, the full 20-level noble class is able to command and inspire through three paths: the Path of the Heart, the Path of the Brave, and the Path of the Tactician.
- The Occultist: Freeing the Monster Within. The occultist allows you to play a monster, with a choice of three distinct paths: abomination, vampire, or werecreature! Delve into the dark and secret creatures of the night, cursed to exist as monstrous beings shunned by the world.
But That's Not All! Want 45 New Sub-Classes?
That's not all by a long shot! We know that folks love new classes, but they also love new subclasses for their existing favorites. And so, for those for whom 7 new classes just isn't enough, we have a bonus reward tier called THE FULL MONTY which gets you an enormous pile of 45 subclasses contained within a collection of 19 fully-illustrated mini-supplements in PDF format. Just look at them below! That's a LOT of material!
Just select the FULL MONTY reward tier, and you'll get all of these along with A Touch of Class. Here's a quick list of what's included in this mega bundle of 19 supplements!
- Circles of Power. There are many types of druid in fiction and film with widely differing specializations. This article explores three new Druid Circles to help bring variety to your game table. Explore the Circle of Birds and Beasts, the Circle of the Elements, and the Circle of Life. By Mark Kernow, and illustrated by Deanna Roberds.
- Volumes of Forgotten Lore: Arcane. From veteran author Ari Marmell (Drow of the Underdark, Tome of Magic, The Goblin Corps, Thief's Covenant) comes this look at new player options for the bard, sorcerer, and wizard. The Bardic College of Names, the Dread sorcerous origin, and the Shadowcaller tradition for the wizard make up this first chapter of forgotten lore.
- The Art of Peace. In a world of violence and vicious magic, monks of the Shifting Flow and the Watchful Gate audaciously dream of peace. The Art of Peace introduces two new monastic traditions, the all-new Envoy background, and 8 maneuvers for monks who value their karma. By Josh Gentry.
- A Paladin's Dark Vows. Not all paladins are good; some may stray from the true path, while others are pure evil. Josh Gentry presents new flaws and class features for dark paladins. When a paladin turns from the light, flaws of aggression, blind loyalty, and naïveté provide corruptions of the virtues of bravery, loyalty, and wisdom. Additionally, paladins may take oaths of the Purge or Supremacy, or use the new Bloody Hands class feature. Illustrated by Scott Harshbringer.
- Volumes of Forgotten Lore: Divine. In the second of his Forgotten Lore series, veteran author Ari Marmell brings you new divine player options. The Protection, Shadow, and Travel domains, the Urban druidic circle, and the Theologian, a new tradition for the wizard. Illustrated by Jeshields.
- Masters of the Wild. Two new ranger archetypes - the dual-wielding Tempest and the sinister Nightstalker - along with new feats, new fighting styles, and new spells. Your ranger will never be the same again! By Thiago Rosa; illustrated by Nick Cramp.
- I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost. A range of options for players intent on fighting the ghosts and ghouls! Kiel Chenier brings us Spirit, a Clerical Domain; Courage, a Paladin's Oath; and the Witch Hunter, a Roguish Archetype. Arm yourselves, because this is gonna be spooky! Illustrated by Ellis Goodson.
- Heroes of the Night. We continue with a selection of horrific new archetypes for barbarians, fighters, and warlocks! Barbarian lycanthropes can master the Wolfsblood path; The Haunted are fighters with spectral companions; and The Evil Eye is a pact for warlocks. By Brandes Stoddard; illustrated by Dan Nokes.
- Heroes of the Blade. An assortment of character options for those who wield the blade! Three alternate class kits, a new Druidic Circle, two new fighting styles, two new maneuvers, and a brand new feat! Discover the battlemage, commander, and scout, and learn how to perform a hamstringing cut or form a phalanx! By John Lynch; illustrated by Egil Thompson and Phil Stone.
- Friends Close, Enemies Closer. Josh Gentry asks you to sell your soul! Three new warlock patrons include The Sea Lord, The Seducer, and The Trickster, along with six new Invocations. These three patrons represent such legendary beings as Davy Jones, the Leviathan, Dracula, Pan, Loki, or even Rumpelstiltskin. Illustrated by Egil Thompson.
- Explorers of the Multiverse. Meet the Planar Explorer and the Way of Infinite Worlds, two brand new archetypes for adventurers who seek to cross the boundaries between worlds. Whether your preferred destination is the Inner or Outer Planes, a lesser-known demiplane, or somewhere even more unusual, these character options are perfect for those who want just little more than the Prime Material can offer. By Anthony Jennings; illustrated by Ellis Goodson.
- Speaking With Fists. It's not only monks who fight with their fists - these subclasses for the barbarian, fighter, rogue (and, yes, one for the monk) bring out the pugilist in a variety of classes! The barbarian's fists are as strong as tempered steel with the Path of the Lodestar; the fighter masters the art of the heavyweight boxer as the Pugilist; the monk combines arcane magic and unarmed combat in the Way of the Arcane Fist; and the rogue moves at blinding speed as the Speedster. With new weapon properties, the new Fisticuffs fighting style, and two new spells, designer Josh Gentry will have your characters brawling in the taverns! Illustrated by Jacob Blackmon.
- Fell Grafts: Demons & Devils. Have you ever wanted an abyssal hide, balor wings, a devil's arm, a wretch's belch, an imp's eye, infernal horns, or vrock feathers? Of course you have! Or at least, your 5E character has. Right? Designer Mike Myler brings you rules for infernal bodily alterations for those willing to make a deal with a devil! Illustrated by Cat Lu.
- Priests of Misfortune. Fate and luck are double-edged swords. Deities from ancient cultures - the Aztecs, Egyptians, Greeks, and Welsh - were rightfully wary of the gods of misfortune. This article from Dan Head introduces the god of ill-fortune, Jinx, one of the triumvirate which also includes Fate and Fortuna. Also described is the misfortunate domain, information on clerics of Jinx, and new magic items such as the No-Headed Coin. Illustrated by Sade.
- Priests of Elemental Power. Let your clerics embrace the elements and add some new domains to your 5E game - the flame domain, stone domain, water domain, and winter domain. Experience the Flame Cleric's Avatar of Flames, see how Reverent Stones part before your Stone Cleric, and be awestruck by the Water Cleric's Roar of the Waves! By C. Richard Davies; illustrated by Sade.
- Celestial Grafts: Angels & Avatars. Celestial Experiment Feats allow your character to exhibit aspects and abilities of angels and avatars, from Deva Wings to a Unicorn Horn to a Solar Gaze. Plus with the new Oath of the Angelic Avatar, paladins can accept the physical blessings of the divine in ways which manifest in glorious physical changes! By Mike Myler; illustrated by Rick Hershey.
- Magic in the Blood. Writer Anthony Jennings presents three new fey-themed archetypes - the druid's Circle of the Untamed Wilderness, the fighter's Unseelie Knight, and the sorcerer's Fey Blooded bloodline. Illustrated by Egil Thompson.
- The Charity of St. Nicholas. The holiday season is all about charity, and Jeremy McCoy accordingly presents the new Charity domain for clerics, along with information on St. Nicholas and other saints in your campaign. Illustrated by Ellis Goodson.
- The Ways of Dream and Nightmare. The cleric's Dream Domain grants revelations and forges nightmares into weapons; the sorcerer's Transcendant Soul origin uses the power of dream to slip across planar boundaries; and the wizard's School of Nightmares uses necromancy and illusion to spread fear. Also here, you'll find 7 new eldritch invocations for warlocks, such as Nightmare Mask, Ominous Dreams, and Word of Doom. By Brandes Stoddard; illustrated by Egil Thompson.
Risks and challenges
In order to avoid that whole "wait months for your Kickstarter rewards" thing, we have *already made this book*. You'll get the PDF immediately when the Kickstarter ends, and the softcovers are ready to be printed and sent out - we'll order those as soon as the funds clear. All we need to Kickstart is the actual printing. No delays. You'll get your rewards right away!
Special Thanks to Rory Hebberd, Michael McCarthy, Kasper Blomdell, Andy K. Boyd, Leo "oitomeia," Jeffrey Kessler, Andrew Bahls,"Yunru Dovaqueen," and Lukas Küstenmacher, whose playtesting, revisions, and critical analysis allowed these classes to reach their full potential.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (32 days)