In 2017 we produced A TOUCH OF CLASS, a softcover book containing seven new classes for your 5th Edition game. It was incredibly popular, with nearly 2,500 backers. Now we're bringing you the sequel: nine new player classes in A TOUCH MORE CLASS, a 100-page full color book!
- A TOUCH OF CLASS (REVISED): The original book has been revised and updated, and includes the alchemist, cardcaster, diabolist, feywalker, morph, noble, and occultist.
- A TOUCH MORE CLASS: This new book contains the bloodweaver, fatebender, gemini, geomancer, gunfighter, lodestar, monster tamer, savant, and tinkerer.
Play as the brilliant savant, the black-powder gunfighter, or travel with exotic animal companions as the monster tamer! Harness the power of your environment as the geomancer, or create wondrous inventions as the tinkerer!
As with all of our Kickstarters, the books are ready. You'll get the PDFs within minutes of the Kickstarter campaign ending, and we'll commission the print run for the actual books the moment the Kickstarter funds clear! You won't have to wait for your rewards!
These new classes are fully detailed with exciting class-themed abilities! Each of these classes also contains a range of subclasses to further customize them. In this book you'll find the bloodweaver, fatebender, gemini, geomancer, gunfighter, lodestar, monster tamer, savant, and tinkerer.
These nine classes originally appeared in EN5ider, the 5th Edition patreon. Since their publication we've revised and updated each of them after plenty of feedback from the community, and now they're ready to be presented in a beautiful full-color softcover book! Each is a full class along with subclasses and all the roleplaying information you'll need to play them at the table.
- Bloodweaver: Macabre Magician. Bloodweavers fuel their magical powers with their own blood, enhancing their own prowess, healing or bolstering allies, and flaying open their foes. They can sense the presence of creatures of flesh and bone, resist the cold reach of death, and manipulate a target’s blood to spectacular, deadly effect. Choose from the Bloodbinder, Crimson Witch, and Scarlet Reaper subclasses!
- Fatebender: Destiny’s Chosen. At the extreme edges of fate’s tapestry, fatebenders pull upon its fraying threads, tugging at the strands of chance. Fatebenders manipulate their own dice rolls as well as those of allies and enemies, further relying on luck to make uncanny discoveries, avoid lethal attacks, and make the most of their own strikes. Subclasses include the Mascot, Jinx, and Weaver!
- Gemini: Two‐Faced Warrior. Evading and confounding enemies, gemini create dangerous semi‐real multiples of themselves and copy their foes’ techniques. Their duality affects more than how they wage war however, and each embodies two major contrasting ideals, never certain which will be at the fore the next time they wake. Will you select the Atavist, the Equalist, or the Reluctant Hero?
- Geomancer: Nature’s Hearthmage. These mages turn the surrounding elements into potent weapons and tools and fuel their spells with the primal components of creation. Geomancers can also protect companions from harm and draw upon nature outside of battle to reveal reality’s secrets. Four distinct orders—the Conqueror, the Apothecary, the Architect, and the Rune Knight.
- Gunfighter: Black Powder Desperado. These warriors shoot their way across the field of battle, pausing only long enough to aim their next bullets. Gunfighters are adept with the guns they choose to master, picking off targets hidden behind cover with precise shooting and aiming telling shots that leave enemies with catastrophic wounds. The Bushwacker, Drifter, and Maverick make your choice of subclasses!
- Lodestar: Fractured Soul Given Form. In combat lodestars are poetry in motion, their innate powers bringing both wonder and woe. To keep from unraveling into madness these fractured souls must train and hone their skills, becoming masters of body and mind—and their lodestones, magical spheres used to attack, defend, and more. The lodestar chooses from three methods: Control, Imagination, or Instinct.
- Monster Tamer: Companion of Beasts. Monster tamers bond with monstrous pets, whether beasts, exotic aberrations, slimes, or even draconic in nature! Though significantly weaker on their own, tamers with companions make for a potent and unique addition to any group of adventurers able to tolerate the presence of a monster in their midst. Select from the Animalist regimen, Monstrous regimen, and Oddball regimen.
- Savant: Mind Over Matter. Sometimes saving the day means weaponizing knowledge. Savants are brilliant detectives, iconic martial artists, and adventurous physicians, each utilizing genius where others rely on magic or brute power. Repositories of lore, savants also use canny combat tricks to put enemies at a disadvantage. You might be an Adversary, a Chirurgeon, or a Coordinator.
- Tinkerer: Engineer of Wonder. Tinkerers bring life to impressive contraptions, create incredible devices, and forge legendary destinies! When not making or improving mundane items, tinkerers use their technical genius to unleash elemental fury upon their foes, relying upon their own brilliance to resist any magic that might subvert their will. Steam Knights, Bombardiers, and Mechanics make up the tinkerer's choice of subclasses!
And if that's not enough, for those who don't already have A TOUCH OF CLASS, we have a revised edition of that book containing the alchemist, cardcaster, diabolist, feywalker, morph, noble, and occultist classes!
- Each class has been tweaked and updated.
- The cardcaster has been restructured to be more approachable.
- New archetypes for the occultist and noble.
- Extra flavor and guides for making adventurers.
- Alchemist: Scientific Sorcery. The alchemist uses an almost scientific approach to magic to make alchemical discoveries. Will your alchemist become immune to poison, or discover the Elixir of Life? Will you delve into the Science of Creation and build a homunculus, or research the Science of Destruction and devise explosives? We also expand on the alchemist class with three new advanced studies: the Science of Illumination, the Science of Mutation, and the Science of Regeneration. Also included are two new spells, and an update which gives the alchemist a little more “oomph.”
- Cardcaster: Seers of Fate. The cardcaster uses a tarot deck to release magic, playing cards to cast spells—although she doesn’t always have control over what spells are currently made available to her by the winds of fate! Also included are three subclasses: the Knight of Swords, which embodies mental force and determination; the Page of Wands, which embodies the magical power of creation; and the Queen of Cups, with embodies the emotions. This class is also supported by new feats and new secrets, including the King of Pentacles, which pertains to thrift and wealth; and the Jack of Beasts, which unleashes the trapped spirits of monsters.
- Diabolist: Students of Darkness. Diabolists deal with forbidden secrets and dark entities, grasping for power through dark pacts. While they have things in common with necromancers and warlocks, diabolists are something entirely more…diabolical! Also included are two dark paths: the Demonic path and the Devilish path. We also introduce some conjured horrors, such as the accuser devil, contract devil, and more!
- Feywalker: A Taste of Primal Chaos. The feywalker is a mysterious warrior with mystical powers. Feywalkers can teleport short distances, breathe in air and water, and enchant others with a glance. They can also choose from three primal spheres: Beasts, Plants, or Entropy.
- Morph: Changing Faces. The morph is a shapechanging specialist, able to slide between different forms. Morphs have a choice of three essences—the Doppleganger, the Primordial Beast, and the Trickster—and a selection of Morph Talents they can choose from and acquire.
- Noble: Chessmaster and Commander. Leader, tactician, and a source of inspiration, the full 20-level noble class is able to command and inspire through three paths: the Path of the Heart, the Path of the Brave, and the Path of the Tactician.
- Occultist: Freeing the Monster Within. The occultist allows you to play a monster, with a choice of three distinct paths: Abomination, Vampire, or Werecreature! Delve into the dark and secret creatures of the night, cursed to exist as monstrous beings shunned by the world.
A TOUCH OF CLASS got 4.7 out of 5 stars from customers in its initial print run on Amazon!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Brand new, original and fully developed classes that will make the other players at your table jealous. These are balanced options that feel completely different from everything else out there." -Garin J.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "My players have all been loving this book, mfaybe even a little too much since they keep passing it around the table!" -Cole Dilworth
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "The classes were well thought out. Not overpowered in any way. Good read and good format." -NiceDM
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Well written and an easy read." -Jody B
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "New and inventive" -brettandrewdavey
Wait, that's not all! Instead of two softcover books, you can choose to pledge for THE MASTERCLASS CODEX! This is a gorgeous full-color hardcover which compiles both A TOUCH OF CLASS and A TOUCH MORE CLASS in one volume. It costs a little more than the two softcovers, but it's well worth it!
The cardcaster is an exciting magical class by Josh Gentry from A TOUCH OF CLASS, and this accessory makes the class even more fun to play! Here, you'll find a set of poker-sized tarot cards with one side of artwork and the other listing the spells available to your mage of fate.
Shipping cards. The cards are printed and shipped from the US. Unfortunately, shipping the cards outside the US is prohibitively expensive, and so reward tiers which include the cards have very high shipping costs outside the US. The cardcaster class can be played with a regular set of tarot cards, which you will be able to find locally. Every reward tier with cards has an option without the cards!
War of the Burning Sky is a high fantasy campaign saga that thrusts the player characters into a war of mythic proportions. Ever-escalating conflicts, powered by mighty magic and fervent faith, threaten the heroes' freedom and lives, and even the world itself.
We are offering a starter set containing the first adventure—The Scouring of Gate Pass—as well as the Player's Guide and the Campaign Guide, all in softcover format.
In the ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution campaign saga, your characters serve in the Homeland Constabulary of the nation of Risur, protecting the country and its citizens from foreign threats lurking within Risur’s borders. During missions of espionage and assassination, your duty will be to root out hostile spies and pursue international conspiracies. As you learn more of your homeland’s own secrets, however, your loyalties may be tested, may even be turned.
We are offering a starter set containing the first adventure—Island at the Axis of the World—as well as the Player's Guide and Campaign Guide, all in softcover format.
It's STRETCH GOAL time! In the original A TOUCH OF CLASS Kickstarter we included 19 mini-supplements in PDF format, containing a total of 45 new sub-classes for the existing core DnD classes.
We are giving all of these to you for FREE to every backer in the form of stretch goals!
For those who have the original PDFs from the previous Kickstarter, EN5ider has published another 9 of these articles. Those are included here!
Here's the full list (it's a LOT of stuff!); remember, all backers get every unlocked PDF list below for free!
Stretch goals unlocked:
- £2,000. Circles of Power. This article explores three new druid circles to help bring variety to your game table. Explore the Circle of Birds and Beasts, the Circle of the Elements, and the Circle of Life.
- £3000. Volumes of Forgotten Lore: Arcane. From veteran author Ari Marmell (Drow of the Underdark, Tome of Magic, The Goblin Corps, Thief's Covenant) comes this look at new player options for the bard, sorcerer, and wizard. The bardic college of Names, the Dread sorcerous origin, and the Shadowcaller tradition for the wizard make up this first chapter of forgotten lore.
- £4,000. The Art of Peace. In a world of violence and vicious magic, monks of the Shifting Flow and the Watchful Gate audaciously dream of peace. The Art of Peace introduces two new monastic traditions, the all-new Envoy background, and 8 maneuvers for monks who value their karma.
- £5,000. A Paladin's Dark Vows. Not all paladins are good; some may stray from the true path, while others are pure evil. Josh Gentry presents new flaws and class features for dark paladins. When a paladin turns from the light, flaws of aggression, blind loyalty, and naïveté provide corruptions of the virtues of bravery, loyalty, and wisdom. Additionally, paladins may take oaths of the Purge or Supremacy, or use the new Bloody Hands class feature.
- £6,000. Volumes of Forgotten Lore: Divine. In the second of his Forgotten Lore series, veteran author Ari Marmell brings you new divine player options. The Protection, Shadow, and Travel domains, the Urban druidic circle, and the Theologian, a new tradition for the wizard.
- £7,000. Masters of the Wild. Two new ranger archetypes—the dual-wielding Tempest and the sinister Nightstalker—along with new feats, new fighting styles, and new spells. Your ranger will never be the same again!
- £8,000. I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost. A range of options for players intent on fighting the ghosts and ghouls! Kiel Chenier brings us Spirit, a clerical domain; Courage, a paladin's oath; and the Witch Hunter, a roguish archetype. Arm yourselves, because this is gonna be spooky!
- £9,000. Heroes of the Night. We continue with a selection of horrific new archetypes for barbarians, fighters, and warlocks! Barbarian lycanthropes can master the Wolfsblood path; The Haunted are fighters with spectral companions; and The Evil Eye is a pact for warlocks.
- £10,000. Heroes of the Blade. An assortment of character options for those who wield the blade! Three alternate class kits, a new druidic circle, two new fighting styles, two new maneuvers, and a brand new feat! Discover the battlemage, commander, and scout, and learn how to perform a hamstringing cut or form a phalanx!
- £12,000. Friends Close, Enemies Closer. Josh Gentry asks you to sell your soul! 3 new warlock patrons include The Sea Lord, The Seducer, and The Trickster, along with six new Invocations. These three patrons represent such legendary beings as Davy Jones, the Leviathan, Dracula, Pan, Loki, or even Rumpelstiltskin.
- £14,000. Explorers of the Multiverse. Meet the Planar Explorer and the Way of Infinite Worlds, two brand new archetypes for adventurers who seek to cross the boundaries between worlds. Whether your preferred destination is the Inner or Outer Planes, a lesser-known demiplane, or somewhere even more unusual, these character options are perfect for those who want just little more than the Prime Material can offer.
- £16,000. Speaking With Fists. It's not only monks who fight with their fists—these subclasses for the barbarian, fighter, rogue (and, yes, one for the monk) bring out the pugilist in a variety of classes! The barbarian's fists are as strong as tempered steel with the Path of the Lodestar; the fighter masters the art of the heavyweight boxer as the Pugilist; the monk combines arcane magic and unarmed combat in the Way of the Arcane Fist; and the rogue moves at blinding speed as the Speedster. With new weapon properties, the new Fisticuffs fighting style, and two new spells, designer Josh Gentry will have your characters brawling in the taverns! Illustrated by Jacob Blackmon.
- £18,000. Fell Grafts: Demons & Devils. Have you ever wanted an abyssal hide, balor wings, a devil's arm, a wretch's belch, an imp's eye, infernal horns, or vrock feathers? Of course you have! Or at least, your character has. Right? Use these rules for infernal bodily alterations for those willing to make a deal with a devil!
- £20,000. Priests of Misfortune. Fate and luck are double-edged swords. Deities from ancient cultures—the Aztecs, Egyptians, Greeks, and Welsh—were rightfully wary of the gods of misfortune. This article from Dan Head introduces the god of ill-fortune, Jinx, one of the triumvirate which also includes Fate and Fortuna. Also described is the misfortune domain, information on clerics of Jinx, and new magic items such as the No-Headed Coin. Illustrated by Sade.
- £22,000. Priests of Elemental Power. Let your clerics embrace the elements and add some new domains to your game—the flame domain, stone domain, water domain, and winter domain. Experience the Flame Cleric's Avatar of Flames, see how Reverent Stones part before your Stone Cleric, and be awestruck by the Water Cleric's Roar of the Waves!
- £24,000. Celestial Grafts: Angels & Avatars. Celestial Experiment Feats allow your character to exhibit aspects and abilities of angels and avatars, from Deva Wings to a Unicorn Horn to a Solar Gaze. Plus with the new Oath of the Angelic Avatar, paladins can accept the physical blessings of the divine in ways which manifest in glorious physical changes!
- £26,000. Magic in the Blood. Writer Anthony Jennings presents three new fey-themed archetypes—the druid's circle of the Untamed Wilderness, the fighter's Unseelie Knight, and the sorcerer's Fey Blooded bloodline.
- £28,000. The Charity of St. Nicholas. The holiday season is all about charity, and Jeremy McCoy accordingly presents the new Charity domain for clerics, along with information on St. Nicholas and other saints in your campaign.
- £30,000. The Ways of Dream and Nightmare. The cleric's Dream domain grants revelations and forges nightmares into weapons; the sorcerer's Transcendant Soul origin uses the power of dream to slip across planar boundaries; and the wizard's School of Nightmares uses necromancy and illusion to spread fear. Also here, you'll find 7 new eldritch invocations for warlocks, such as Nightmare Mask, Ominous Dreams, and Word of Doom.
- £33,000. Those Who Walk Through Time. Details on the Plane of Time, tethers, and timeslips, and the guardians of time, The Order of Chronology Devoted; along with a new warlock patron, the Chronomental (one of the time dimensionals which move through, around, and between timestreams, its form ever shifting between all possible variations of reality); and a wizard tradition, the Chrononaut (wizards who study, manipulate, and travel through the magic of Time—they are masters of the past, present, and future, aware of multitudes of possibilities and timestreams).
- £36,000. Legend of the Heart Eater. A warlock subclass that can be inserted into play when a character dies, giving that character a second chance at life...with a price.
- £39,000. Gifts of the Dragon. A collection of dragon-themed player options! This article includes: the Marked by the Dragon background; various draconic environmental objects such as the Draken Sigil, Draconic Obelisk, Vasssal Reliquary, Dragonvein, and Petrified Fundamentum; a draconic plot generator; a new Inspiration mechanic called Draconic Favor, which grants PCs the ability to activate a dragonvein, roar a draconic curse, be granted a draconic audience, to learn draconic knowledge, to invoke draconic fortitude, and more.
- £42,000. Chaotic Cleric Domains. Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral, and Chaotic Evil. This article presents the Liberty Domain, Anarchy Domain, and Entropy Domain for your cleric characters.
- £45,000. Neutral Cleric Domains. Welcome to the neutral philosophies—the Integrity Domain (believers in goodness and justice), the Harmony Domain (proponents of universal balance), and the Supremacy Domain (clerics who let nothing stand in the way of their desires).
- £48,000. Lawful Cleric Domains. These new clerical domains—Community, Authority , and Conformity—allow a cleric to follow the philosophy and ethics of a specific alignment. Lawful philosophies emphasize order and tradition, with strict rites and scripture; however, they can be good, neutral, or evil, and each domain is different.
- £51,000. Summer Magi. The Summer Magi are an arcane nomadic people who venerate summer. In this article, you will find new subclasses including the Sacred Blaze cleric domain, Eternal Blaze warlock patron, and the Arcane Blaze sorcerous origin.
- £55,000. Martial Dungeon Archetypes. Designer Mike Myler brings us six new dungeon-themed subclasses for your 5E characters. The barbarian Survivalist is able to to display impressive reliance; the fighter Sentinel excels when her back is to the wall; the monk Acrobat can backflip and wall-run with the best of them; the paladin Oath of Discovery deems the quest for knowledge to be the noblest of pursuits; the ranger Lightless Prowler is to be feared in the dark; and the rogue Tumbler can dance around his opponents and escape the direst situations.
- £60,000. Cosmic Syzygy. Some sorcerers are linked to the heavens—the cosmic power of stars, moons, and planets. This new sorcerous origin is accompanied by the Astrologer and Cosmic Ritualist feats, and the new spells Astromancy and Eclipse. Sorcerers with the Cosmic Syzygy ring grow more powerful at times of astrological significance, and are able to evoke the power of destiny, draw energy from the alignments of celestial bodies, and glimpse into the future.
- £65,000. Archetypes of Antiquity. Take to the coliseum with the retiarius fighter archetype, a net-wielding combatant perfect for gladiator-style characters! Perhaps instead you might pierce the veil as a warlock of the Oracle patron, foreseeing what is to come just in time to dodge a lethal blow or even reveal to your enemy the final moment of its life? There's also the Family domain for clerics yearning for a sense of community and the means to protect it.
- £70,000. Enchanted Trinkets: Arcane Apparel. These are minor, flavorful rewards GMs won't regret handing out to the party, including the eminently useful discreet petticoat, ever-pristine unspoiled slippers, miraculously entertaining shoulder dragon brooch, and 17 other fun new items destined to bring delightful couture to any game.
- £75,000. The Goddess Within: Playing Nymphs. A new character race of immortal nature spirits, Nymphs have three subraces—Earth Nymphs, Forest Nymphs, and Water Nymphs.
- £80,000. Weapon Degradation. For more realism or a fun time breaking things look no further than these weapon conditions and broken weapon tables. For more exciting sessions however, adventurers willing to throw away their weapons on a critical hit can choose to intentionally break them for very cool extra effects!
- £85,000. Malonge's Mnemonic of Subterranean Spells (C. Richard Davies). 8 new spells and details about Lamar Lamonge's spellbook, introducing spells such as darklight, Malonge's malevolent missile, and stonesense.
- £90,000. The Fey Kindred. Four racial variations which change the nature of these races: graceful Seelie Elves, treacherous Unseelie Elves, helpful Seelie Gnomes, and chaotic Unseelie Gnomes.
The following are future stretch goals if we're lucky enough to fund that well!
- £95,000. Expanded Races: Half-Orc. This selection of half-orc subraces includes the barbaric Bloodrager, fiendish Brimskin, deadly Deeplurker, industrious Forgemaker, draconic Scalefang, and the primal Spiritspeaker.
Here's what each reward tier offers you at one quick glance. The image is quite small, but if you click on it to enlarge it, it's much easier to read.
Do you want to add extra books or cards? When you make your pledge, just increase it by the amounts shown below, plus £1 shipping for each physical book, and £4 for each card deck. So, if you chose to add an extra copy of A TOUCH MORE CLASS for your players and an extra Cardcaster Card Deck, you'd add £45. You can add as many as you like—get gifts for your entire gaming group!
Note that you can't add physical add-ons to a PDF-only pledge.
- A TOUCH OF CLASS softcover (£20/$25 plus £1/$2 shipping)
- A TOUCH MORE CLASS softcover (£20/$25 plus £1/$2 shipping)
- THE MASTERCLASS CODEX hardcover (£50/$65 plus £1/$2 shipping)
- Cardcaster Card Deck (£20/$25 plus £16/$18 shipping outside US, $4 in US; no Brazil)
- War of the Burning Sky Starter Set (£30/$38 plus £3/$6 shipping)
- ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution Starter Set (£30/$38 plus £3/$6 shipping)
Risks and challenges
EN Publishing has been producing tabletop RPG books for various editions of D&D and Pathfinder for nearly 20 years, including the critically acclaimed War of the Burning Sky and ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution adventure paths. We also produce the What's OLD is NEW (WOIN) tabletop roleplaying game, as well as being the official tabletop RPG licensee for Judge Dredd & The Worlds of 2000 AD.
We've an excellent track history, running several very successful Kickstarters, and we cultivate a reputation for delivering them quickly, as soon as the campaign ends.
In order to avoid that whole "wait months for your Kickstarter rewards" thing, we have *already made these books*. You'll get the PDFs immediately when the Kickstarter ends, and the physical books are ready to be printed and sent out—we'll order those as soon as the funds clear. All we need to Kickstart is the actual printing. No delays. You'll get your rewards right away!
To achieve this, we run our Kickstarters a little differently to how you might be used to them. We don't add on any stretch goals which could delay or extend delivery time; if we can't deliver it immediately, you won't see it on this page. We have a strict rule that any Kickstarter reward has to be ready before we launch, so all we need to do is pay for printing and shipping.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)