First Stretch Goal reached - 1 additional unit of the Car Doormat for every backer choosing $15 or higher reward
Everytime I got in my car, my shoes dragged in a lot of dirt, mud, gravel and even snow. That's when I asked myself a question, why isn't there something inexpensive like a doormat available for my car.
LOOKING FOR OPTIONS
That's when I started looking into different options to help me keep my shoes clean before I got in.
- Banging my foot on the door of my car (Please No)
- Using the back end of the ice scraper to push of dirt from my shoe (Too much of a hassle to go find the ice scraper and use my hands to clean the shoe. I think I will pass)
After doing some research I started looking for various materials that I could apply on my sill guard in order to make the shoe cleaning process quicker, easier and convenient for me without putting any effort. After a few trails I found something that we all use in our various applications. A HOOK FASTENER!!!
That's when I had the idea of a CarDoormat, a doormat for your car. I bought a 25 yard of hook roll and started cutting them 1 foot long in my apartment. In order for them to stick to my sill guard efficiently, I ordered them with strong adhesives that way they don't come off after I scrub my feet on it. I spent the entire next month just testing various adhesives that would be strong enough to hold onto my car. Later I found the perfect adhesive and now I have the perfect product!!! The Finished Car Doormat!
Our product is made out of strengthened mix of Nylon and Polyester. This material doesn't soak, thereby preventing anything from sticking to it which makes it perfect for the Car Doormat.
TESTING ON FRIENDS AND FAMILY
It worked great on my car and soon I started distributing the Car Doormat amongst my friends and everyone loved it.
Now, I want to take this product to the next level by making these in a much larger quantity, have a good packaging for the product, refine the product so that it can be more user friendly and make them in various colors matching your car colors.
Meeting the pledge amount will not only help us fulfill all the orders we have on Kickstarter, but also help us move to the next level with our suppliers and make us a silver level Customer, thereby enabling us to get our raw materials at a much lower price.
- It doesn't damage the door, the paint or your car
- The Car Doormat won't be visible once you close the door
- The thickness of the product is so small that it won't touch the base of the door
- it is easy to apply and use
- it is easy to clean, because the material doesn't absorb anything and lets dirt, water and ice seep off it
- It is easy to remove
- You don't have to worry about your carmats or car interiors getting dirty
3 STEP PROCESS
STEP 1: CLEAN THE AREA OF APPLICATION
STEP 2: PEEL OFF THE PLASTIC
STEP 3: PRESS FIRMLY
THIS IS HOW YOU USE IT!!!
We are really looking forward to your support to take this much needed product to the next level. This is a great complimentary product to carmats as it will help you keep them cleaner for a long period of time. The Kickstarter Campaign will help us reach our medium production goal and from there on our sales in the month of April will help us drive it higher for a large scale production in the next few months. Here is a brief timeline showing our progress over the last couple of months and as we move forward.
Stay updated with the progress at CarDoormat.com
Risks and challenges
- Since this is a new product, educating the customer is one of the biggest roadblocks, therefore, I really want to develop a good packaging for the product and also a marketing strategy to get the product in front of my customers
- Higher demand will help us reduce our prices and give us negotiation power with our suppliers. This would further help us provide our product to easily to everyone and a much lower price.
Thank you for your support!!!
- (35 days)