Vault Raiders: The Relics of Matmurah
Battle your way through procedural dungeons filled with deadly enemies and bosses armed to the teeth, using powerful weaponry & items.
Feel free to try the game for yourself! This demo has been tested on a limited number of machines, so I apologize if you run into any issues, it's just an early alpha build!
Download from itch.io: https://haiqgames.itch.io/vault-raiders
"...legends speak of a colossal maze that extends deep underground, "Matmurah", this bullet hell fortress is said to be the the place where ancient relics with powers beyond our understanding lie, vanished from the overworld for causing wars, conflicts and diseases amongs all who wished their powers. Rumors say that some of these relics give life to the dead, other takes it from the living and even one of them allows it's holder to manipulate time at will. Only the bravest warriors would even dare to think about going inside Matmurah, since Relics are guarded by some of the deadlies and scariest creatures to have ever existed..." Are you ready to inmerse on the passageways of the Matmurah? Are you nimble enough to dodge, resist and survive the cruel punishes of this new underworld?
VaultRaiders is a fast paced 3D Voxel Top Down Shooter with rogue-like and dungeon crawler elements, taking the best from each genre.
It takes place on an epic underworld filled with enemies which destroy everything on their way, you willl have at your disposal a vast array of weapons to help you finish them all. Enhance your aim and upgrade your weapons, your wits and reflexes will be your best ally. It plays like Nuclear Throne and Dungeon Crawlers combined. Action, upgrade systems, allies, destructible environments, strong enemies, epic weapons, final bosses, hazards and much more... What are you waiting for to be the next VaultRaider.
- Blast through enemies with responsive, fast-paced combat that demand on the fly strategizing, wits and reflexes. Upgrade and discover new weapons as you progress through the game.
- The player has at his disposal a vast array of weapons to help you clear all rooms in each dungeon and proceed to face the area's boss.
- A challenge - The game is easy to pick up, but really difficult to master and complete; enemies and hazards become more vicious and numerous.
- Firearms - There are Different types of firearms each one has it's own unique characteristics plus and special ability usable when you've succesfully hit enemies a set amount of times to give you some breating room, you are able to carry up to 2 weapons so swap between them and use whichever is better suited to the situation.
- Procedurally Generated Dungeons - Every dungeon will be different, combining procedurally-generated labyrinths (zelda inspired) with meticulously hand-designed rooms, filled with unique enemies and deadly hazards to watch out for, guaranteeing that you will always be presented with new challenges and experiences to test your skills.
- Permanent Death - As your character's hp drops to 0 you lose all progress from that run and the game lists all of your accomplishments during that play through, but don't worry there's lots of unlockables and achievements to make yourself stronger with every run.
- Items and Powerups - You'll come across a variety of items and power ups; Ranging from ancient idols which grant your projectiles the ability to bounce off walls to enchanted bullets to steal life from your opponents, use them wisely as some of them carry their own curses and penalties.
We love fast-paced combat, clashes with attacks all over the place where you have to use every single structure as a defensive resource, which is why firearms are protagonists in this history. All Weapons will have a progression system, you'll be able to enhance your favorite weapons to the max or improve them all to make your entire armory better. Be carefull every weapon has it's own limited clip, whenever it's empty you'll have to reload it. Shoot wisely and you'll come up triumphant.
This is barely a starting point, for the final version of the game we're expecting to have over 100 different weapons.
The game is in a prototype phase, planned initially PC, Mac, Linux (DRM-Free or Steam), though I would love to expand to other platforms like PS4 and Vita.
The core game framework is already in place and remaining mechanics should be no problem. All will be refined until it feels satisfying and fun.
We have planned for a potential release date in september 2018, with beta access at least two months prior to it, allowing time to tweak and bug-fix and adjust according to player feedback.
As you probably know, Kickstarter has become an invaluable resource for indie game developers. Anyone can get their idea out in front of hundreds or thousands of people also it enables developers to have complete freedom over what they want to create, replacing the publisher role with the perfect support system: the fans!
Your Ideas Are Better Than Mine - We love crowdfunding because people who are interested in a project can be part of it, by pledging the backers are allowed to contribute to the content of the game and we are sure that some of the coolest content on most Kickstarted games are backers ideas.
Outsourcing - So far we far covered all the programming, art, writing. The only couple of things we don't have covered is Music/Sound Design and Animations. Hopefully we can find a very talented composer and animator to join us in this process.
The Audio of VaultRaiders
By pledging for the "Beta Access" tier (25$) or higher you'll be getting the full digital OST when it's fully finished.
The history of Vaultraiders is just starting... There is no specific desnity nor a definite pattern in time yet. However, with your help the making of this war fantasy focused in treasures, forbidden lands and humans hungry for power game will be possible and easier. Help us shape up this paradise filled with promises, but also great danger where only the brave will be able to stand this exciting experience filled with adrenaline, speed and action.
Follow Us & Spread The Word!
In case you have any questions, please, don't hesitate to leave a comment or mail us at: email@example.com.
Risks and challenges
Creating a game is not an easy task, even less one with roguelike features. However, as of now, we are extemely confident that we can fully complete and release this game on time and with an even higher level of detail than we have at the moment.
Currently the game is in a playable state, with a huge to do list but most of the core mechanics have already been implemented such as procedural level and room generation, weapons systems, basic enemies AI, etc.
The biggest risk I can think of at the moment is getting outsourcing for things such as Animations and sound effects/music, but with the funds we're sure that we can find some very talented people to fulfill these tasks.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)