Hello! I'm Emmanuel, and DELICIOUS is the fourth deck in my series of paper-cut playing cards. Each of the 55 cards is an individual work of art, inspired by food and dining.
My first three paper-cut decks (Curator, Clipped Wings, Sawdust) have all become real decks produced through the United States Playing Card Company (USPCC). With your help, the DELICIOUS deck will follow suit.
If you're hungry for DELICIOUS, order it off the menu today!
The original artwork is 2 feet tall, and every element was drawn and cut by hand. I create 1 card a week, completing a deck in the span of a year.
- Poker-size dimensions (2.5 x 3.5 inches).
- USPCC printed with Bicycle Stock and Air-Cushion Finish.
- 52 custom playing cards, 2 custom jokers, and 1 custom back design.
- Reversible triptych images are formed by the Spade and Heart court cards.
- The Last Supper painting inspired THE CRITIC'S SUPPER formed by the Club and Diamond court cards. A restaurant staff busily prepares dishes for the critic, and the "Judas" figure is the restaurant manager attempting to bribe the critic for a good review.
Leonetto Cappiello's beautiful 1921 pasta ad for Pates Baroni inspired the Delicious Jokers.
- The first Joker is Pierrot, based on the figure in the original poster.
- The second Joker is Harlequin, Pierrot's comic foil.
At the United States Playing Card Company, all decks of cards begin as uncut sheets.
Uncut sheets are rarer than the actual deck since they are manually pulled off the presses instead of being divided and packaged.
The Delicious uncut sheet is a feast for the eyes, beautifully showing the entire deck at once. It's perfect for framing, and the dimensions are 22 x 26.5 inches.
The Critic's Supper is centrally located on the uncut sheet.
Notes: The only uncut sheet offered in this campaign is the Delicious uncut sheet. My previous uncut sheets seen in the video were used for presentation purposes only.
The signed, hardcover collector's art book takes a closer look at the art of Delicious. The book contains 30 pages and measures 11.25 x 8.75 inches.
The art of my first four decks are available as matte finish prints.
CLICK HERE TO SEE PRINTS, their dimensions, and print codes. In the post-campaign survey, the codes will be used to indicate the print of your choice. Prints will be signed.
If you pledge for the $75 pledge level (1 signed art print + 1 signed deck), one of the prints available is a signed one-sheet of the cards forming The Critic's Supper.
The signed one-sheet print can also be selected as an add-on item, for the price of $70 domestic / $90 international. See the Add-Ons section for more information.
- One-sheet print dimensions are approximately 9.5 inches tall and 36 inches long.
- As shown below, the one-sheet print will have square corners, a white border, a black border, and black lines between the cards.
If you've pledged for a reward level and would like more items, please follow these steps:
- Step 1. Refer to the chart below and find the corresponding price of the desired item(s).
- Step 2. Click the blue "manage my pledge" button towards the top right of this page.
- Step 3. Add the dollar amount of the add-on item to your current pledge amount.
- Step 4. IMPORTANT: Kickstarter only allows you to select 1 reward level at a time. Make sure your desired base reward is still selected, and confirm the pledge with Kickstarter.
- Step 5. The post-campaign survey will recognize the extra amount you added, and it will ask you to specify your add-on items.
In compliance with all customs declaration laws, all items shipped outside the U.S. will be declared as merchandise at the exact amount paid (not including the international shipping fee). For example, the pledge level of 3 Delicious decks will be declared at $37 USD.
If you're an international backer, you have the option of using forwarding shipping services based in the United States. Please research and choose the service that best fits your needs.
Thank you so much for checking out Delicious! If Delicious whets your appetite, it would be an honor to have your support! Bon Appétit :)
A Special Thank You to my amazing family and friends who made the video possible: Hans Abrigo, Bo Bodenstein, David Cole, Donna Cole, Eli Cole, Alianna Cole, Michelle Collopy, Chris LeBlanc, Alexis Duran, Jalen Duran, Bradley Vallido, Brandon Vallido, Morgan Vallido, Chloe Villazor, Chris Villazor, Christian Villazor, David Villazor, and Jade Villazor.
Risks and challenges
Delicious is my fourth deck and my third Kickstarter campaign. My first two Kickstarter campaigns were successfully funded, and both had their rewards shipped on or ahead of schedule. Keeping everyone up to date and delivering on time are of utmost importance to me, and Delicious will not be an exception. Any unforeseen issues will be swiftly resolved.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (28 days)