Sunken Temple is an adventure written for 5e, W.O.I.N., and the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. It takes place in a mysterious range of never-before-seen mountains and is suitable for use in any setting. The module is inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, particularly The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, The Shadow Over Innsmouth, and At the Mountains of Madness.
The project includes:
- An adventure suitable for 4-5 characters of 6th-level. The playstyle is predominately a dungeon crawl, with a horrific element appropriate to the source material.
- The temple includes several wings, each with a different feel, assortment of baddies, and their own malevolent purpose - with additional wings ready to be unearthed through stretch goals!
- Game stats and original artwork for several traditional Lovecraft beasties (deep one, star spawn, night gaunt, and rat thing) and a few originals of my own devising.
Sunken Temple will be available in print, PDF, and through City of Brass.
- ACHIEVED!- $4,000: Voyage of the Sea Darter: The Sunken Temple has lain under the waves for unknown eons. In this adventure expansion, we travel on the Sea Darter as it sails into cursed waters before being drawn to the Sunken Temple.
- ACHIEVED!- $5,000: The Greater Temple: Open the gates of the Greater Temple wherein lurks a fragment of Great Cthulhu himself!
- ACHIEVED!- $6,000: The Oubliette: What waits in the darkness where even the horrors that dwell in the Sunken Temple refuse to go? Find out with this adventure expansion bringing yet anther dungeon level for your intrepid adventurers!
- $7,500: The Descent: The Mountains of Eluade have have been breeched but the temple still lies deep underground. This adventure expansion deals with the mountains and reaching the temple proper. It also introduces the Denizens of Eluade and the Serpentfolk – both of which will be included as playable races in the Black Book of B’Nar.
- $9,000: The Docks: In their black galleys, the moon beasts sail from distant dimensions to treat with the creatures of the Greater Temple. This adventure expansion adds the Docks to the temple and introduces moon beasts to the adventure.
Additional stretch goals will be revealed after unlocking The Greater Temple.
If I've learned anything from previous Kickstarters, it's that with more involved backers, comes a more successful campaign. With that in mind, for every 4 achievements we accomplish from those below, we'll unlock a new project goal.
- (4) Black Book of B'Nar (PDF): A forbidden tome of lore, the Black Book of B'Nar includes writeups on all the monsters as well as new character options such as feats, spells, and backgrounds, all inspired by our source material. Everything you need to add a touch of Lovecraftian Horror to your game.
- (8) More, More, MORE! We'll commission additional artwork for the project, and toss a handful of extra Cthulhu goodness into the Black Book of B'Nar. More spells, more monsters, more backgrounds, more traditions, you name it.
- (12) The Festival of Sudoc (PDF): Let's toss another adventure into the mix, for nothing! The Festival of Sudoc, is a Halloween-themed story that sees your players drawn to another world where waits a horrific parade and the King in Red.
Here's how our Achievements work
- Strength in Numbers is a simple count of backers. The more of us there are, the more achievements we unlock.
- It Takes a Village is achieved when this Facebook post is shared and when this Tweet is retweeted.
- Over the Finish Line is just total funding compared to our goal.
- Let's Talk About This is a summation of the project comments (right up there at the top is a link that says, Comments and has a little number after it, those comments). The only caveat is they need to be real discussion about the project, not spam just for the sake of pumping comments.
Want to help out a bit more? Here are some extras you can add on to your pledge. Just total up the cost and add the amount to your pledge total.
Print Copy of the Black Book of B'Nar - +$15
(everyone except the Just Because pledge gets the PDF free)
This supplement sweeps up all the rules created for Sunken Temple in one place and adds in some new player options. It includes:
- Several monsters based on or inspired by the Cthulhu Myths (deep one, denizens of Eluade, spiders of Eluade, star spawn, night gaunt, rat thing, winged horror + any additional creatures unlocked by the campaign).
- A pile of new spells (Sign of Yan'gloanic, Voorish Sign, Fel'Sabaoth, Eyes of Jal Malai, From the Salts, and more.)
- New character creation options (backgrounds, traditions, etc.)
- Two new player races (denizens of Eluade and Serpentfolk)
- An alternative madness system that focuses maladies that leave characters scarred but still playable.
- A new skill for learning the forbidden secrets of the Myths.
- And more...
To get a printed copy, add $15 to any existing print pledge, or $20 to a PDF pledge.
Grab one of our earlier adventures at a discount and toss some extra support to this project!
City of Brass Subscription
Get a year's subscription to City of Brass for you or your gaming group, access to all the great features of City of Brass, and an exclusive Sunken Temple badge for your account available only during this Kickstarter.
City of Brass Resident Title
Exclusively for City of Brass users. Do you have a City of Brass account and want a super cool title under your name? This is your chance!
We've got some amazing art for this project from Russel Jones and I'm hoping before we're done we can get some more! Here's a few of the pieces.
Learn more about the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game at paizo.com.
Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc., and are used under license. See paizo.com/pathfinderRPG for more information on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
W.O.I.N., O.L.D., N.E.W., and N.O.W. logos copyright EN Publishing. Used with permission.
Risks and challenges
We've been around this block before but this will be the first time we do shipping outside the United States. I did some trial runs previously, so I think I've got it all figured out, but it's a risk.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)