- $2750 - More content! - (Reached!!!) - We were holding back to hit certain budgets for Mermaid Adventures. The first stretch goal is to help with making the book even better, by adding additional adventures and, most importantly, new merfolk types (added below)! This extra cushion will help with printing costs as well.
- $4000 - Little People - (Reached!!!) - If we hit $4000, I will release a new PDF expansion for all backers, using the rules from Mermaid Adventures to play a new game. Little People is an addition in the vein of The Littles, The Borrowers or The Secret World of Arrietty.
- $5250 - Infestation - If we hit $5250, I will release another PDF expansion for all backers. Infestation is a game where players become different kinds of pests all fighting for control of a house. Should be creepy and fun!
- $6500 - Part-Time Dogs - If we hit $6500, I will release another PDF expansion for all backers. Part-Time Dogs is a game about people who are suddenly able to turn into a dog. What strange adventures will they go on?
Thank you for checking out this new Kickstarter project for Mermaid Adventures, an RPG of Undersea Fun! In this game, players of all ages take the role of different types of underwater people that reside in Atlantis, the kingdom beneath the sea. Mermaid Adventures takes a lot of inspiration from The Little Mermaid, but also the adventurous elements of Hook or the fantastic elements of movies like Stardust.
There are four forms a character may take:
- Fishfolk: Traditional mermaids with with beautifully colored scales. They are the most curious of all the mermaids.
- Eelfolk: Joyful pranksters with a slippery bottom half of an eel. Amazing friends that are seemingly always happy.
- Octofolk: Mermaids with the bottom half of an octopus. They are the most magical of all of the mermaids.
- Sharkfolk: Big and strong, but most are gentle giants. Sharkfolk obviously surpass others at physical activities.
New merfolk types added from Stretch Goal!!!
- Jellyfolk: Mischievous tricksters with the body of a jellyfish. Sometimes they are too clever for their own good.
- Lobsterfolk: Often more charming than others, the Lobsterfolk people have a hard shell to protect themselves if their words ever land them in trouble.
- Rayfolk: Merfolk with the body of a stingray, lovers of going where they're not supposed to go by flattening their body.
- Urchinfolk: Obsessed with magic, these spiny merfolk have the body of sea urchins.
A question I got from a lot of playtesting kids... "Do we have to be girls?" The answer is a big NO. Just look at the picture to see how great both boy and girl characters can look.
I've created a new system for Mermaid Adventures, simple enough for kids to play, but with enough flexibility that makes it interesting enough for adults as well. It is not a story game. Instead, it's a lite traditional RPG geared toward a younger audience (Age 8+ is what i'm shooting for). I have kids and I know many of us do, and this is my contribution to bringing the next generation into the wonderful tradition of gaming.
Why We're Here
Mermaid Adventures is written by me, Eloy Lasanta, owner of Third Eye Games, and is illustrated by a very talented artist, Melissa Gay. My previous titles are Apocalypse Prevention, Inc, Wu Xing: The Ninja Crusade and Part-Time Gods, all games that have had previous and successful Kickstarters.
We are looking to raise $2000 to help with the production and initial print run for Mermaid Adventures. Once completed, the book will sell for $10 for a full-color PDF, $15 for a physical book with black and white interiors and $25 for a physical book with full-color interior. Plenty of great incentives can be gained by supporting us through this, including credits, PDF copies, print copies, special t-shirts and more!
- Full-Color Print Version: Each of the tiers offer a copy of Mermaid Adventures with black & white interiors. If you would like a full-color version of the book, just add $15 to your pledge. If you take this option, please send a message to Eloy to confirm your upgrade.
- International Backers: If you live outside of the US, please add $10 to your pledge for international shipping charges.
Support this project
- (31 days)