ADD-ONS - 6/9/2014
You may give more to add other Pip System games to your pledge (at a discount), to help us hit our goal! Every little bit helps.
- $5 - Mermaid Adventures PDF
- $5 - Camp Myth: The RPG PDF
- $8 - Mermaid Adventures B&W print
- $10 - Camp Myth: The RPG print
- $13 - Mermaid Adventures Color print
Third Eye Games is excited to announce our newest family-friendly RPG, Infestation: a Game of Bugs and Heroes. In this game, players take on the role of various bugs who gained intelligence from a house-wide event called The Awakening. They go on crazy adventures in various rooms (each with its own dangers) and battle for control over This House, the most disgusting and filthy domicile on the block. Every room, from Cabinet City to The Stinker to The Mange, is a treasure trove of garbage and filth and just waiting for your bugs to explore them. If you’re part of the ruling species you may get to take your pick of the treasure, otherwise you’ll need to use your instincts to take what you can.
Players may choose from twelve bug types:
- Ants: Not only smart, but always the vigilant scout
- Bed Bugs: Social bloodsuckers and masters of pheromones
- Beetles: Tough, strong and known to have many connections
- Fleas: Small and nigh-unsquishable in large numbers
- Flies: Purveyors of filth and muck, eaters of anything
- Lady Bugs: The purdiest bugs out there, often lifted unsquished by Giants
- Locusts: Music and performance are their forte... and eating plants
- Mosquitos: Bloodsucking bullies who can make even a Giant run away
- Roaches: Vile and disgusting creators of Bug Magic
- Spiders: Weaving webs of death and lies for all the other insects
- Stink Bugs: Nothing can keep these bugs down or out of your territory
- Termites: Eat and eat and eat... always eating.
Each bug has its own unique qualities which make it well-suited to life in This House. They’ll need to stay on their feet (all six or more of them) and watch out for household hazards, but if they’re brave enough they may just find all of the pieces of junk they need to perform Bug Magic and Rituals that can give them even more power.
Infestation was conceived and written by Eloy Lasanta, Jacob Wood (Psi-Punk, Monster Cart Mayhem) and new-comer Amanda Milner, crossing over from the world of poetry into gaming. This game is powered by the Pip System, previously used by the ENnie-Nominated Mermaid Adventures and Camp Myth: The RPG based on the Young Adult series by Chris Lewis Carter. The system utilizes two sets of different colored d6s (one positive and one negative) rolled against each other to try to succeed at tasks. The system is easy-to-learn and designed with kids and families in mind. A mix of random game mechanics, an intuitive system and plenty of guidance is what make the Pip System perfect for a creepy game like Infestation.
Our modest goal is to cover the majority of the cost of art, writing and getting a speedy print run to bring with us to GenCon (and obviously to send out to you awesome backers). We have (THE) Melissa Gay returning to do some more amazing art for us as well.
The end result will be a 6"x9" sized RPG with two versions: one with black and white interior art for $15 and one with color art interior for $25. The book is 90% done right now and we are on track to debut Infestation at GenCon 2014. Best part about becoming a backer, however, is you'll get it earlier than everyone else for helping us make it a reality in the first place!
Risks and challenges
As an experienced RPG publisher and having a record 8 successful Kickstarters, I have learned the ins and outs of projects like this one and how to release on time. Our only obstacle is whether we get artwork done in time to have it ready for GenCon 2014, but there's a reason Melissa Gay is one of the best artists around (awesome art and a reliable turnaround).Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (20 days)