Camp Myth is a summer camp built exclusively for mythological creatures. A place where mythical kids from across the globe gather to earn merit badges for obviously practical skills like Phoenix Watching, Kraken Fishing, Golem Building, or Unicorn Taming. Eloy Lasanta (Third Eye Games) and Chris Lewis Carter (author of Camp Myth) have joined forces to create Camp Myth: The RPG! Create your own mythic camper, and go on amazing adventures with friends to earn dozens of unique merit badges.
- Fae - Obsessed with studying magic in all of its forms, most Fae are self-serious blowhards who are unfamiliar with the concept of fun. Those who decide to shun the mystic arts in favour of other pursuits are considered outcasts among their own people, and avoided like a non-magical plague.
- Cyclops - Muscle-bound hulks who live for the thrill of combat, a Cyclops only feels at home on the battlefield. Unfortunately for the other races attending Camp Myth, Cyclopes also have a tendency to turn wherever they currently reside into a make-shift battlefield...
- Kitsune - Part human, part fox, these magical shape-shifters are both agile and cunning. For a Kitsune, there is no greater honour than to grow an additional tail, as it symbolizes power and maturity.
- Minotaur - Known as both fierce warriors and puzzle-obsessed logic-seekers, young Minotaurs are just as likely to cut you in half as they are to stare at a Jenga tower for hours contemplating the best move.
- Kappa – Powerful Mer-men with the ability to walk on land, Kappas are required to carry a container of water with them at all times to help avoid dehydration. After all, staying out of their natural habitat for too long can lead to several... unusual side-effects.
- Redcap - Malicious little tricksters who inhabit The Warrens, a series of tunnels running underneath the camp, a Redcap is most easily identified by its long, crimson hat. But why are they so attached to their headgear, and why do the hats always appear to be dripping with red liquid...
- Dryad – Heralds of nature, Dryads become extremely upset with anybody who they believe is harming the environment in any way. They are also hopelessly drawn to animals – especially those in need of assistance.
- Leprechaun - Known for their fantastic luck, especially in tricky situations. However, if even one of their gold coins become lost (as they almost always do), a Leprechaun will stop at nothing to get it back - even jumping headfirst into extreme danger.
- Centaur - The resident "jocks" of Camp Myth, Centaurs are fiercely competitive, and believe that all disagreements are best settled on the result of a game. From rock-paper-scissors to a fight to the death, a centaur will always abide by the results.
- Harpy - Obsessed with climbing the social ladder, Harpies are materialistic and self-centered. They are also shameless gossips, and can't ever resist a juicy rumour about a fellow camper.
THE “MYTHIC PIPS” SYSTEM
Camp Myth: The RPG uses a modified version of Third Eye Games' Pip System, dubbed “Mythic Pips.” Not only is this system highly customizable and GM-friendly, but it only requires six-sided dice to play. It's easy to scale the difficulty level of each monster up or down to suit your story, or, if you'd simply like to add a mythical beast that isn't included with the game, just build it from scratch with our intuitive “Creature Crafter.” It's fun and accessible for kids and beginners, but has enough crunch for even the most experienced players.
We want to make sure that our mythology and summer camp themes are involved in all aspects of the Camp Myth RPG. Take a look at just a few of the mechanics found in Camp Myth: The RPG.
- Summer Camp Skill Sets – Your camper will improve skills such as Arts and Crafts, Drama, Mythic Knowledge, and Wilderness Training. Your skill decisions impact your chances of earning specific merit badges. Unicorns have no respect for bullies, but a Cyclops only respects the fiercest of creatures. Once your camper has completed enough tasks, they just might have the skills needed to earn a merit badge.
- Homesickness – Camp Myth is a dangerous place, but even the most terrifying creatures are no match for a bout of homesickness. Failing to navigate certain social situations (or encounters) can wound your ego more than your body, and a homesick camper can be a recipe for disaster!
- Letters From Camp – A completely optional (but super-fun) system that rewards players for writing in-character “letters home” between sessions. Not only is this a great way for players to become further immersed in their characters, but it allows GMs to get an inside look on what events stood out to their players during the last session.
- Myth-Army Knife – Standard-issue for all campers, this multi-purpose tool allows players to invent their own unique attachments to help during adventures. It's a complex device, but thankfully you knew exactly how to spray Mandrake Repellant!
- Dozens of Companion Creatures – By using an intuitive system, any monster can be easily converted to become an in-game companion pet. What better way to reward (or spice up) a camper than by giving them a faithful Cerberus puppy or a clipped Phoenix!
REWARDS AND STRETCH GOALS
Backing this project guarantees you'll receive a quality gaming experience from two people with proven kickstarter track records. All funds will be used to pay for printing, artwork, rewards, and distribution, and additional funds will be used to create a richer Camp Myth experience for all backers. Just take a look at our current stretch goals:
- $7,500 – Two Additional Races and Ten Additional Merit Badges: They just missed a spot on the main roster, but these two mythical races are out to prove they deserve cabins of their own! This stretch goal will unlock the Gorgon and Yeti character classes, which will be included in all copies of the Camp Myth RPG. Also, complete your sash with ten more amazing merit badges (and abilities) for your campers to earn, which will be included in all copies of the Camp Myth RPG.
- $10,000 – Three Additional Custom Scenarios: Want more tales from Camp Myth? This stretch goal will unlock three more custom RPG scenarios written by Chris Lewis Carter, including “The Talent Show,” a look at what happens when mythical creatures hit the stage to impress their peers!
- $15,000 – Free Expansion: There must be a campfire, because everyone wants s'more! All backers will receive an additional expansion to the Camp Myth RPG, which will include even more races, merit badges, scenarios, and abilities!
For more great products from Third Eye Games, visit www.thirdeyegames.net or "Like" Facebook.com/thirdeyegames.
Risks and challenges
With Eloy and Chris working hard on this project, the biggest challenge that we have on this project is procuring the best art we can for Camp Myth the RPG. Because this game must reflect the high standards of Third Eye Games, we are filling it full of artwork from artist that have previously worked with 3EG and those who have worked on the original Camp Myth novel series.
Creative writing is where we both shine, but editing, layout, and bringing a product to completion will be a team effort. Bringing Camp Myth the RPG to each every one of our backers quickly is our goal!
The project will go through a few different phases. First is the writing phase, then comes editing, then procuring artwork, then layout, and then finally publishing. Chris and Eloy are working together on the majority of the writing and editing, then Eloy will take over and get the layout and publishing finished.
Eloy's previous project, Truth and Lies, is currently in the art/layout phase with very little time left to release it. Rest assured it will not impact the release of Camp Myth the RPG in any way.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)