Short Pitch: AMP: Year Two brings the game from 2015, a year of discovery, into 2016, a year of fear. The updated timeline for this awesome supers RPG reveals just as many answers as brand new conspiracies and mysteries to be solved. Includes new mechanics and powers, great for AMPing up any ongoing campaign.
Long Pitch: Last year marked the release of AMP: Year One, a modern supers RPG much different than anything else on the market. Since then, it has received consistent positive reviews (See our Press Page) and was even nominated for the Golden Geek Award for best RPG of 2014! Now, AMP: Year Two moves the story forward into 2016, after terrible events in Year One exposed AMPs to the world in the most violent way possible. More people come forward as AMPs, while others continue to hide in the shadows. Unaffiliated characters in AMP: Year Two are faced with much tougher choices: Hide their true nature and deny who they are or burn brightly with the chance of attack from Anti-AMP groups just waiting for one of their kind to mess up. Those who belong to AMP groups have it even worse.
- The Seekers of Enlightenment split at the end of 2015 into two groups: the core group and Doctor Luminous' crew. AMP: Year Two follows him on his quest to find his missing fiancé, Critter.
- The Changelings were a fledgeling group in 2015, led by the benevolent Conduit. In 2016, their organization fractures leading to catastrophe, a new Affiliation and Conduit's capture.
- The United Human Front unifies and becomes much stronger under the AMP Scare, even attempting to take the presidency.
- Typhoon continues to operate from the shadows, distributing more drugs, usurping control over more of the US and introducing a new drug, Bliss.
The biggest contribution AMP: Year Two adds to the game world is information on how AMP have begun to affect the rest of the world as well. This new book includes plenty of new story hooks making it easy for GMs and players to play at any point in the timeline and in any region of the US or the world.
All information in AMP: Year Two is supplemental. Players still need access to AMP: Year One for core rules and character creation steps. PDFs of AMP: Year One (for those tiers which include one) will be delivered immediately upon the campaign's end. Link to AMP: Year One Kickstarter.
AMP: Year Two is the amazing first sourcebook in the gameline, introducing plenty of new items for GMs and players to enjoy.
- Continued Timeline: If the AMP: Year One storyline drew you in, there more where that came from. Revisit old characters and meet new characters as AMPs attempt to make it through this stressful year.
- New Affiliations: During the course of the year, new Affiliations come to light, such as TRAC, a police force sent out to capture and contain AMPs, or the Hounds, AMPs who have been forced to work for the government.
- New Powers: This book features 9 new powers (one for each Strain), including Immortality (Bulks), Horror (Mindbenders) and Velocity (Shapers). Each power has been playtested and is ready for players to take!
- Gadgeteering Rules: Not only does AMP: Year Two include rules for Saps (regular people) as playable characters, but also Gadgeteering rules to make them a match for any AMP that crosses their path.
The team working on AMP: Year Two consists of Eloy Lasanta (Creator of AMP: Year One and owner of Third Eye Games), Jay Peters (Apocalypse Prevention, Inc. Savage Worlds Edition), Jake Baker (Mekayana) and Robert Thomson (Purple Duck Games). Together we've crafted an amazing book for you all to check out. Here is what the Table of Contents looks like:
- Chapter 1: Year Two - breakdown of 2016 events
- Chapter 2: In Our Borders - Detailed info on how AMPs have affected and altered the US in this alternate timeline
- Chapter 3: Global Reach - Information on how AMPs have affected the rest of the world.
- Chapter 4: New Fires to Burn - Brand new mechanics for AMP: Year Two, including new Gifts/Drawbacks, Powers and Gadgeteer Rules.
The end result will be a 7" x 10" book with black and white interior art. We are anticipating between 110-130 pages of brand new content for this supplement. And, of course, backing this Kickstarter means you get priority access to material before anyone else gets a peek.
As with the AMP: Year One Kickstarter, we have a number of awesome extras you can add to your pledge. This time, however, we even have a few others we didn't have last time.
By adding $10 to your pledge, you can make your copy of AMP: Year Two or AMP: Year One a hard cover book. If you want both, it's +$20 ($10 per book).
AMP: Year One T-Shirt ($15)
Get the awesome AMP: Year One shirt
Character Pack ($10)
Receive 9 laminated and pregenerated characters so you can jump right into the action of AMP: Year Two. This is a random mixture of AMP: Year One and AMP: Year Two characters. Back for multiple character packs to get them all.
Stat Tracker ($10)
This 4" x 4" hand-crafted thick wood tracker has a dry/wet erase surface that allows you to keep track of your AMP's stats on the fly during play.
At the request of many of our fans, we will be offering a special kind of reward for each Stretch goal we hit: Affiliation Guides. Each of these PDF expansions will feature one of the Affiliations from AMP: Year One or AMP: Year Two, giving more information on the organization, hierarchies and possible motivations. These will also include new AMP characters, an Affiliation-specific adventure and possibly new powers/augments that AMPs within the organization have mastered.
One new Affiliation guide will be unlocked for each $1500 we raise above our core goal to complete AMP: Year Two. There are currently 8 Affiliations in AMP:
- Seekers of Enlightenment (Unlocked)
- United Human Front (Unlocked)
- Hounds (Unlocked)
- Nā ʻAumākua
For each Stretch Goal we meet, we will hold a vote where backers get to choose which Affiliation Guide unlocked! So it's up to you! Unlock them all and we'll reveal new Stretch Goals.
Risks and challenges
This is Third Eye Games' 11th Kickstarter. We have this down to a science and will be working hard to hit all timeline goals associated with this project. The majority of the book is already written, so it should only require editing and polish to complete.
Like all projects of this nature, art is the key bottleneck. We have Maxim Lardinois and Daniel Wong back for AMP: Year Two, two artists who have proven they care about the gameline and they can hit deadlines. We will keep all backers up to date on any delays along the way, but we're optimistic there will be none.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)