AMP: Year Four is the newest book for the Bampfsies Award Winning AMP: Year One Gameline. If you'd like to check out the AMP: Year One Quickstart, which gives you a rundown of mechanics and setting, check that out HERE.
AMP: Year One is Third Eye Games' modern supers RPG that drills down into possible timelines when regular people develop superpowers in the year 2015! The AMPs, or people with accelerated mutant potential, discovered their power and struggled with what to do with their newfound abilities. The corebook covered over 54 different powers and laid out a brand new way to look at superhero RPGs. In AMP: Year One, there are no heroes... there are no villains... there are only hard choices!
Each year continues the ongoing storyline with several different characters and groups all attempting to make sense of a senseless world created by the emergence of superpowers. For a year-by-year breakdown, look below:
Now comes AMP: Year Four, the next book in the AMP gameline! It will include the following:
- Continued Timeline: A complete breakdown of what is going on in 2018, the Year of Invasion for AMPs. Last year was pretty dark, but left a lot of room for positivity near the end. Finally, central characters will be crossing paths and forging new alliances/rivalries in the face of the Orphan threat.
- Worldwide Material: This book will contain information on how the Orphans are affecting the entire world and tactics may differ between nations.
- New Affiliations and Player Options: We have four new affiliations, including the Faceless, an offshoot of the UHF bent on even more sinister plots. In addition, we are introducing renegade Orphans as a playable option, those who have broken off from the war to fight beside humans and AMPs alike.
- New Powers: AMP: Year Four will include new magical inspired power that span the Strains, including the new Sin power and Mother Nature power. These reflect the magical nature seeping into each AMPs mutations without them having to learn actual magic.
- Magic and Aliens!!!!: The biggest mechanical additions to AMP: Year Four is the inclusion of new rules for playing as Orphans, who have unlocked magical abilities on Earth... for everyone! We'll have more details on these new beings and how magic will work in the world of AMP soon!
Hardcover ($10 each)
By adding $10 to your pledge, you can make your copy of AMP: Year Four, AMP: Year Three, AMP: Year Two or AMP: Year One a hardcover book.
Additional Copies ($30/$20/$20)
You can always throw additional copies of AMP: Year One ($30), AMP: Year Two ($20), AMP: Year Three ($20), or AMP: Year Four ($20) into your tier by just adding on their cover price! Don't forget that making these additions copies Hardcover still requires +$10 per product you want in this format.
AMP Adventures ($10/$20)
A collection of 7 adventures perfect for starting off any campaign for AMP: Year One. To add this as a PDF, add $10 to your pledge. In softcover, add $20.
AMP Affiliation Guide #1 ($10/$20)
This sourcebook covers the first fourAffiliationss of the setting: Seekers of Enlightenment, Changelings, UHF, and Typhoon. To add this as a PDF, add $10 to your pledge. In softcover, add $20.
AMP GM Screen ($10)
By adding $10 to your pledge, you can pick up the AMP: Year One GM Screen. This is a 7x10, heavy board stock tool that contains all the most used rules for quick reference.
Shipping is the bane of all Kickstarters, so there are no shipping charges added into any of the tiers. Instead, all shipping charges will be processed through BackerKit after the Kickstarter is complete, which streamlines the whole process.
What this does is clean up the process for everyone involved. First off, it means that the funds raised by this Kickstarter will 100% go toward making AMP: Year Four (and any unlocked Stretch Goals) as amazing as possible. Secondly, we can ask for less money in our Funding Goal since we're not attempting to account for shipping expenses now when fees may have changed when the book is ready to ship.
For each $1000 we gain over the main funding goal for AMP: Year Four, we will develop and create one Affiliation Guide that will be made free to backers. The Affiliation Guides that are available as part of the Stretch Goals are:
- Nā ‘Aumākua (Year 2)
- Retribution (Year 2)
- Mystics (Year 3)
- Aegis Squad (Year 3)
- Atlantis (Year 3)
- Crossovers (Year 3)
- Heralds of the End (Year 4)
- The Faceless (Year 4)
- Chain Gang (Year 4)
Each Affiliation Guide will include detailed information on the group, new characters, new artwork, powers/abilities closely related to the Affiliation and a custom adventure. We've previously created Affiliation Guides for the Seekers of Enlightenment, the Changelings, Typhoon, UHF, TRAC, and the Hounds, which are also extremely cool.
Risks and challenges
We here at Third Eye Games have become accustomed to delivering on harsh Kickstarter deadlines reliably and efficiently. Yes, there is always the chance of emergencies popping up, but we have well-budgeted this project to be able to supply everything we promise, so the Risks and Challenges are low.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)