NOTE ABOUT CURRENCY:
As we are based in Sydney; Australia, the project goal and all pricing is given in Australian dollars (AUD). We have included an approximate USD conversion for all the reward tiers and add-ons. The project goal of $8,500 AUD is approximately $6,000 USD.
UNLOCKED: The 7th Joker!
Each deck of Pipmen SHADOW cards will come with a 55th card - the 7th Joker. This is a sweet little guy made up other other Pipmen - awesome!
My name is Ben Jones from Elephant Playing Cards. Our first deck of playing cards “Prism: Night” pushed the boundaries of playing card technology and aesthetic by adding a world-first shiny UV gloss layer to the face of the cards. Our second deck: “Pipmen” took the creative impulse a step further in a Leremy-inspired playful work of art unlike anything you’ve seen before. The first Pipmen campaign was successful in creating a Black and Red edition of the deck (with white backgrounds) but we did not unlock the much-anticipated SHADOW edition deck, so due to popular demand we are running a short (2 weeks only!) campaign just for the shadow deck to try and get this one made as well!
What are Pipmen?
Pips are the suit symbols on the card face - the spade, heart, diamond or club indicators. In addition to this standard element each Pipmen card has little stickmen figures interacting with the pips to create a unique scene. So Pipmen are the Pip-men! Get it?
Pipmen cards are fun, quirky and interesting; each one is unique and sure to delight!
You can see the previous 2 editions of the deck HERE. The Shadow edition deck has some special features the others didn’t:
- Printed with Legends Playing Card Company on their Diamond Finish
- Limited Collector’s edition deck; only 1000 printed
- Shiny UV gloss ink on the face of the tuckbox
- Bold black faces matching the shadowy theme
- Custom Silver Foil Numbered Deck Seal (#1-1000)
- Interior printing in the interesting Pipmen theme
- 54 Custom and Unique playing cards (different Jokers for each edition)
If you would like to get some of the Black and Red edition decks, you can do so HERE.
Click here for a large picture of the Diamonds (regular version)
With normal transformational decks, the Court cards can be a letdown because after having such interesting number cards the traditional Jack, Queen and King are a bit boring. With Pipmen, each court card is a unique and original reversible scene; each side of the Court tells a story!
The Jokers are the jesters of Pipland; making mischief, getting into trouble and messing things up. They are so interesting that we have made different Jokers for each of the Pipmen decks! The Shadow Edition Jokers are completely unique:
We have created a custom uncut sheet layout for this project to beautifully present each of the cards in a way that looks incredible! The Court cards create a frame to contain the exciting numbered cards which centre on the beautiful Aces and Jokers. This is the star of the project; if you have a spare space on your wall, this is what will fill it! Make sure to add one of these uncuts to your pledge because they are a fun and eye catching piece of art which will look fantastic anywhere! They also make excellent gifts :)
As there are only a limited number of Shadow Edition decks, these are not available to add on. The only way to get the decks is to pledge via a reward tier. You can pick up some of the previous-edition Pipmen decks HERE.
NOTES on the Add-Ons:
- Add-on prices include shipping!
- You can only add-on SHADOW decks to your pledge – if you want to pick up some Red or Black decks, get them HERE.
This table will be updated as stretch goals are unlocked. Instructions on how to add more products to your pledge is below.
For the 3X Carat Cases:
These are fantastic acrylic cases with crystal clear faces so you can see all sides and strong magnetic seals to ensure that your awesome Pipmen decks are protected in the most beautiful way possible! They display 3 decks side-by-side (perfect for the Pipmen trilogy), and will look stunning on any shelf.
For T-Shirts, refer to THIS POST and the table below :)
What project is complete without some tantalizing stretch goals to make it interesting?
What is the 7th Joker? We has so many awesome ideas for the Pipmen that we went ahead and designed 7 JOKERS. 4 are in the Black and Red edition of the Pipmen deck, 2 are in the Shadow edition deck, and if the we reach the $12k funding goal, then all Shadow decks will come with a 55th card - the 7th Joker!
... and the secret is still a secret...
1) After you have pledged to the project, go to the blue ‘manage my pledge’ button on the top right of the page.
2) With reference to the Add-ons table above, increase your pledge amount by the total of the add-ons you want to add. Do not change the reward tier you are currently pledged at. If you want to change your tier, just make sure to add the total of add-ons to your new tier level. If you are an international backer, make sure to pledge the international amount.
3) Once the funding period has ended, we will send out a survey which will allow you to review your rewards, confirm your address and a few other essentials. In that process you will be able to use the over-pledged credit to select your additional rewards.
4) In this survey you can also select and add on any other rewards, above what you had pledged for. So if you want another half brick, a few posters and an uncut sheet – now’s the time to get it!
Campaign: Mid-March – Late-March
Surveys returned: Late-April
Digital proof processing and physical proofs approved: Late-May
Printing complete: Early-July
Fulfillment and shipping: Jul
Receive Decks: July-August
*Note: It can take up to 3 weeks for the funds from a Kickstarter campaign to reach the project creators account to start production
Keep in touch!
Elephant Playing Cards on Facebook
Elephant Playing Cards on Twitter
Risks and challenges
We have done a lot of research and reviewed several companies to ensure that this project goes as smoothly as possible. In the end, the proven quality and experience of Legends Playing Card Company (LPCC) was a major factor in the decision to produce with them. We have set the delivery date conservatively so as not to rush the production of the product, and have full confidence in LPCC to produce the decks, and Gamblers Warehouse to fulfill them.
This is the third Kickstarter project by Elephant Playing Cards, and while the first ones went off relatively smoothly, there may be unanticipated problems which could arise. We have thoroughly prepared for this campaign and will be open and transparent to all backers if any difficulties are encountered. The designs are 100% finished so there should be no delay in sending the digital proofs to the manufacturer, and then onto production.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (14 days)