[app-uh-latch-uh] t-shirts and other updates
There is lots of news on our end, but I never want to annoy you guys with too many updates. Below, I have listed some exciting points!
- We were nominated for a News & Documentary Emmy! Winners will be announced on September 30. Robert, Billy, Jeff, Kerrin, Nathaniel and I will be attending the awards show.
- We are a finalist in the Online News Association Journalism Awards. Winners will be announced on September 27. Tricia and I will be attending the full conference.
- We were invited to be part of the lineup for FESTIVAL DU NOUVEAU CINÉMA
- Documentary Educational Resources is distributing Educational DVDs of Hollow
- We had over 250 people (and 15 residents) attend the U.S. Capitol screening
- West Virginia University's Library Collection has licensed Hollow! Which means we are no longer paying a server fee and the site lives on WVU's server for perpetuity.
Also, I am selling t-shirts to teach people how to pronounce Appalachia. It's just a fun side project but I have sold over half in 24 hours. I will be ordering more soon! If you're from Appalachia, there's a chance you will relate. Check them out HERE.
Elaine & the team