Isn't it always inconvenient to open your smart phone, then open an app to control any smart home device.
Now you have a better solution: hands free control from EKOOR Beacons. Have your bluetooth LE on and the rest is taken care, automatically.
Furthermore you can set your smart devices to only work when you or someone is closeby saving energy costs as well.
Beacons are small low energy Bluetooth devices that you can place anywhere at you home, office, retail store, museum etc. They allow you to receive notifications or automate and control smart things automatically based on location or proximity of your smart phone.
Our Beacons are powered exclusively from indoor light and you don’t have to think about changing batteries may be forever.
Using Beecon iOS App from Beacon Sandwich
What can you do with Beecon App & EKOOR Beacons?
- Create beacon regions (e.g: kitchen) to trigger actions or notifications
- Turn on/off Philip’s Hue and LIFX smart Light bulbs depending on region
- Control Infrared Appliances (Additional hardware required**) when you enter or leave a region
- If your smart device is not directly supported by the App: IFTTT and URL actions allow
you to connect and control virtually anything that supports HTTP or HTTPS.
- Send a tweet, open a URL or launch a certain IOS App when you enter or leave a region
See here for more info
** " Beecon App allows you to control home appliances that are compatible with infrared remote control. To do so, you need to have an iTachinfrared controller made by Global Caché”
Using BeaconThings iOS App from Samsung SmartThings
What can you do with BeaconThings App & EKOOR Beacons?
- Create beacon regions (e.g: kitchen) to trigger actions or notifications depending on regions
- Create SmartApps or SmartRules to make your home take actions based on these beacons/regions. e.g: Deactivate Home Monitoring
Using EKOOR IOS and Android Admin Apps
- Set and trigger notifications, open URLs dependent on range to the Beacons
Beecon IOS app or BeaconThings IOS App or EKOOR Android and IOS App: Download from App store or Andorid Market Place.
Appliances (Existing appliances or new buy – We don’t sell appliances)
- Phillips Hue, LIFX lighting or infrared appliances (compatible with an infrared remote iTachinfrared controller made by Global Caché) with Beecon App
- Any other smartdevice which supports HTTP or HTTPS through IFTTT and URL actions through Beecon App (Currently HomeKit accessories cannot be automatically controlled with iBeacons or regions)
- Samsung Smart Things with BeaconThings App
- Buy Beacons
- Place Beacons in regions. (e.g.: kitchen, living room etc.)
- Register Beacons with an App from above depending on your requirement
- Create regions and actions with rules
Winner of IOT Awards 2015/16 for the Category "Biggest Social Impact"
You can also use our Beacons and the available software development tools to make Android and IOS applications for many applications including:
Ready for Production
Our engineers have optimized the design of the Beacon with many iterations up to date and here is where we stand now:
- Both EKOOR-B and EKOOR-LR circuits have been thoroughly tested and are production ready now. We have already sourced manufacturers to make these Boards.
- We have already made the Mold and a sample run for the ABS plastic enclosure and are ready for mass production
- Firmware development is complete. please refer to our developer pages for more information on Beacon capabilities
- Beacon Management Portal and REST-API are complete. Check out our Beacon Portal and REST-API for more information
- Android and IOS Admin Apps are complete for iBeacon detection. Work is progressing currently to include eddystone functionality to both IOS and Android Apps.
- SDK libraries for iBeacon functionality is complete. Currently working on extending the SDKs to include eddystone functionality.
- Our Beacon circuits derive FCC and TC certifications, but would be subjecting to an assessment soon to confirm the above.
Why we need your help
We need to lower the cost of each Beacon to make this technology affordable to anyone. In fact we want to bring the cost of the Beacon closer to the cost of other beacon products in the market. Because we want everyone to use green energy at an affordable cost.
This means we need to make our production volume larger as some of the key elements of the Beacons are expensive in small quantities.
We would also use your contribution towards certification verification and also doing the final finishes on our software stack.
Founder & CEO @ EKOOR
EKOOR was founded by Gayan Gamage to greenegize the Internet of Things world, especially when there is a sudden uproar of smart devices which could easily surpass 21 Billion by 2020 according to some statistics.
Gayan is an Electrical and Computer Engineer by profession and had been the Lead engineer, Project Manager for two Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) Startups.
Gayan is supported by a team of highly qualified Engineers and a dozen of very creative freelancers from around the world from graphic design, package design, to 3D modelling who had been EKOOR’s greatest assets from the very beginning.