"Blood Oath | The Beginning" A New Dark Card Game Rises!
"Blood Oath | The Beginning" A New Dark Card Game Rises!
An immortal battle begins! A harrowing 3 player card game capturing the war between Vampires, Slayers & Lycans!
An immortal battle begins! A harrowing 3 player card game capturing the war between Vampires, Slayers & Lycans! Read more
About this project
Violence. Cruelty. Manipulation. Vampires, as a culture have refined the art of dominance. The tyranny of Arch Brimmer was bred into establishment by Dracula, the Impaler, through a bloody history of brutality and suppression. Now, while Dracula lies in slumber, Arch Brimmer reigns as supreme commander. Those who defy his law are swiftly crushed, without mercy.
Thus it was the in the Age of Vampires that a prophecy proclaimed that a savior would rise to free Lycans and Humans from the rule of the Vampires. Lucian was born in the slave pens and spent his childhood in chains. He would grow, to be stronger, faster and more cunning than any Lycan before him. During the time of the annual Purge by Arch Brimmer, in which thousands of Lycan and Humans were to be sacrificed to sustain Dracula’s everlasting hunger, Lucian led and inspired the Lycans and Humans in an uprising against their masters.
After numerous, long bloody battles, Lucian successfully liberated the Lycans and Humans from the reign of the Vampires, ushering in the Age of Chaos! Now the ages-old balance of power is broken and world dominance shall belong to the victor and their people! As Lucian establishes his power base and expands his territories, the fearless Vasel, who had fought with him through the Uprising, is promoted to warleader to lead his Lycan warriors into battle.
Amongst the three major races, Humans were always seen as the weakest and never a threat. Lacking the dark, shadowy powers of Vampires and the bestial strengths of the Lycans, Humans were hunted for sport and remained in a fearful existence. From the ashes of despair, Van Helsing rose to stand against overwhelming odds. Wielding a combination of Godly magic and innovative contraptions, Van Helsing’s fame and legendary victories spread far and wide swiftly to bring hope to all mankind and to plant the seeds of fear in their enemies.
Knowing that he could not stand against the forces of the night alone, Van Helsing started training young, promising recruits. From these, he chose a young royal blood, Prince Verssen, in whom the fire of righteousness burnt the brightest, as the Slayer’s Lord to lead an elite army of Slayers in the Holy War against Vampires and Lycans. Through one miraculous victory after another, the Slayers have stood firm against Vampires and Lycans and have been hailed as the salvation of Humankind.
The conflict of the Great War is deep, and the dynamics of power, ever-shifting. In an epic battle made immortal by the passing of history, the fate of these three races must be decided. Enter Blood Oath, the Beginning!
Game Play Variants: There are 2 gameplay setups: 1 vs 1 and the 3 player free-for-all battle. The Recommended Variant is the 3 player free-for-all game which is the basic setup of the game. The game can be played 1 versus 1 but the game mat and unit positioning areas are still required (such as the left/right flank unit placement).
Game Objective: Reduce all opponents’ Leader Life Points to zero (0).
1. Select Race - Players choose which race they wish to play and thoroughly shuffle the decks.
2. Place Leader Card - Each player must place their leader Card in the field (game mat designated area).
3. Determine Play Order - Randomly select which player will go first.
4. Draw Hand Cards - All players must draw 6 cards from their chosen deck. Every turn, players draw 2 cards from their library.
5. First Turn - The first player begins their turn and performs the actions described in the Play Sequence section of these rules.
Game Play Sequence:
These are all the actions a player may perform during their turn. Each action must be completed in the order designated below.
1. Re-draw (Optional) - A player can elect to declare a Re-Draw action at the start of their turn. This action is performed in place of any of the regular actions associated with a typical turn. When a player has no useful cards in their hand, they can choose to use the Re-draw action. The Re-Draw action allows a player to discard their hand of cards and draw 6 new cards from their deck. This action ends their turn. The player is not allowed to take any more actions, and will not be able to produce any Gold until their next turn. Note: If you don’t need to Re-Draw, skip this action and take a normal turn. Simply begin your turn with the Collect Gold action and proceed through the subsequent action steps until you wrap up your turn with the Upkeep action.
2. Collect Gold - Collect the amount of Gold equal to the total Gold on all of the cards placed on the mining area.
3. Draw Card - Draw 2 cards from your Race deck.
4. Activate Cards - This action lets you establish and activate any type of card, use Command cards, and/or assign new units. During this play sequence, a player may perform all four of these options: - Play 2 Card to the mining field. Note: All cards in the mining field should be placed facedown. - Play any number of Passive and Instant Command Cards. - Play any unit cards to assign any number of new units on the left/right flank.
5. Re-assign - Once the unit is re-assigned from mining area to any of the field flanks, it cannot go back to the mining area. However, once a unit is assigned to any flank, you can re-assign it the other flank with a cost of 2 gold.
For further information of the game's "How to play", please download the game's Rule Book, also check our how to play video and game reviews. More to come in the near future.
Support your Blood Oath race by choosing from these dark avatar icons! Download them here for free to show your allegiance!
Be sure to 'Like' Blood Oat: The Beginning on Facebook to keep up with news and promotional offers during our campaign:
Risks and challenges
With our previous campaign, Colong Clash: Insect Warfare, we ran into unforeseen complications with international shipping and struggled to complete the final fulfillment. What were the problems we encountered?
1. Company issues with our partnership with Imperia Games. Now through legal agreement, we (SEDA Interactive) have taken over Imperia Games and fully control its operation.
2. Short on fulfillment service funds. From the previous campaigns, our calculation of the expenses evened up being inaccurate, in which results to being short on the final fulfillment payment. But with the support of our partners, and our backers, we managed to recover from the loss. We fought hard from the balances for the manufacturing and fulfillment service and were able to deliver the game to our loyal backers as promised.
3. Backer satisfaction. We try to develop compelling and competitive products for the tabletop market, but we can’t promise 100% satisfaction for all backers, some may like it, some are not. While we understand the frustrations and risk in backing a new game, we strive to put out the best game products we can. Colony Clash has received good feedback from the community and we are excited to continue to produce more games for people to enjoy!
In this new Project, our aim is to get to a more stable track for SEDA Interactive in the industry. We may still have unexpected problems, but we keep ourselves as positive as possible and aim to complete this new game as smoothly as possible!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (36 days)