About this project
2 years ago, I published a presentation called '26 Time Management Hacks I wish I'd known at 20':
It was a collection of lessons learned over the years as a solo consultant and entrepreneur.
Since the publication, it was viewed by more than 9 million people from all corners of the Earth (View on Business Insider).
Doctors in Africa, Professors in India and entrepreneurs in the United States reached out to tell me how the advices had made a difference in their lives.
We all struggle trying to balance work and life; trying to enjoy more time with our families and get as much done as possible at work. Time management is a challenge we feel everyday.
Through this project, Hacking Time, I want to help reshape the way we work.
I want to build on the tips available in my presentations bringing in new voices to show radically different approaches to time.
The idea behind Hacking Time is to travel to meet some of the world's most productive companies (Toyota, Facebook, Basecamp, etc), the leading time management experts and some of the folks we all assume have 30-hours in their days to generate new and original time management insights.
The Kickstarter campaign objective is to raise $50,000 to:
- Visit and Interview the World's Most Productive Companies (Toyota, Facebook, Basecamp, etc);
- Visit the Most Productive Cultures (GDP (PPP) per work hour - Norway, France, Belgium) and Compare Work Cultures (Asia, America and Europe);
- Meet the Creators of the Agile, Pomodoro, GTD and Important Time Management Techniques;
- Produce 20+ High-Quality Interviews with Time Management Thought Leaders;
- Write a High-Quality Book, Respectful of Readers' Time;
- Create a Compelling Book Design with Value-Added Illustrations;
- Create Designs for Office Posters and Calendars;
- Put Together Interactive Online Courses and Training Material for Businesses Based on the Interview Learnings;
- Adapt the Book to Various Formats (Kindle, Kobo, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc) - All included with your rewards;
- Create a Community Website to Engage the Kickstarter Backers and Centralize the Time Management Hacks and Interviews.
- 2015 Q1 - Research & Preparation;
- 2015 Q2 - Research & Interviews;
- 2015 Q3 - Writing;
- 2015 Q4 - Writing, Editing & Illustration;
- 2016 Q1 - Layout, Publication & Shipping.
Lets find new ways to reclaim time. Help make Hacking Time a reality.
Risks and challenges
As with any book publication process, there are risks related to production quality, delays and costs. Having done the full book self-publication process under 18 Months for Lean B2B: Build Products Businesses Want, I am confident that this won't be an issue.
Should there be delays, the Calendars offered will be increased to 18-month calendars at no extra cost by the Backer.
With this type of book, another risk is the inability to land the relevant interviews in time for the book preparation. Again, having done this process before (convincing busy / successful entrepreneurs), I will be able to land the required interviews and have alternate contacts to fuel the book content should that not be possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)