SKIES is a post-apocalyptic MMORPG with a non-linear storyline, where you create your own game reality and choose your role in it.
SKIES is a post-apocalyptic MMORPG with a non-linear storyline, where you create your own game reality and choose your role in it. Read more
This game is not really a MMORPG in the proper sense of the word. In our innovative project storyline isn’t linear, it’s up to a player to create own game reality and decide on proper role in it.
- Huge gameworld - 8 square kilometers at start. It is full of mystery places. Post apocalyptic atmosphere achieved with the help of amazing art, 3D models and animations won’t leave cold anybody.
- A complicated multi-level economic system which entirely depends on players' actions. In this world production and profit-making is totally different from the threadbare games players are used to, these systems are more convenient for a player and at the same time they make the game world richer and more captivating. Do you want to get resources or produce materials? Manage your own business or work at the factory? You can start your own production, hire people and manage them, hand out wages. You're free to do anything you like.
- Expanded interesting dialogues based on the game role system and non-linear storyline. If you character's intellectual abilities are not well-developed, some options would be unavailable for you. So you character should watch his actions and words to have positive attitude of other characters. If you have bad reputation, people won’t trust you.
- PVP and TVT combats. Post-apocalyptic world can be really dangerous. Wanna improve your fighting abilities? You can take part in group fighting (team vs team) or fight player vs player in special locations.
- Clan wars. Wanna dominate in the SKIES world? Take part in the clan wars to win and build your own government on the ruins of post-apocalyptic place.
The book - breathtaking novel and solid background for creators of the game. The idea of a universe where people will be facing almost real-time problems, belongs to our project lead Anton Paramonov. The book will be available on our portal once you help us to reach half of the sum.
We don't want to create just another MMORPG or another "shooter". The SKIES is a desert romance, where every player will find his place. This game has various beautiful unique locations, characters, places. This is really a living world. And this is what our developers are working on. That's hard, but it's worth all the efforts.
According to the legend, there’s a city on the east called “SKIES” where people will find the rescue of mankind…
When we were thinking about the audience that might be interested in our game world it occurred to us that it should be people like you, the Kickstarter users. After all, the people gathered here are those willing to brave the future and take it as it comes.
A truly dynamic world can only be created if the idea meets its followers. And now we need your help to give it a go. Together we can create the future we deserve, even if difficult times are waiting for us.Together we can make something really important and outstanding.
In the early 21st century solar activity increases dramatically. Just within two weeks, people lose all the benefits of civilization: cities are cut off electricity, factories are stopped, streets are immersed into chaos and disorder.
People are dying: disasters, heat, fires, diseases and mess quickly destroy the population. Cities and forests are burnt out… Rains are now dirty and dangerous, water supply systems do not work, the lack of food and drink is killing human civilization. People are searching for a shelter, hiding from the riots, heat and ash rains. Ash mixed with radioactive dust has veiled the sky, thus depriving them of the last source of energy and communication. The planet falls asleep… sunlight no longer passes through the dense layers of clouds.
Later on destruction of human empire has been restored after the terrible disaster. Game starts in 2150-2170. Some people survived in shelters that had filters cleaning the air and water from the ashes. Burning reactors faded after centuries of storms and rains, dust began to settle on the surface of the planet and the sun's rays reappeared after 150 years of darkness.
Is the mankind strong enough to restore what they've destructed over the last century? What life is going to be like now?
- 2 cities Kimari and Crater: 4 square kilometers;
- Role-playing game system: all the formulas are complete and character's parameters and weapons are balanced;
- Economic system: finding employment, production, exchange, trade;
- The combat system: 2 locations, capturing of the flag, etc.;
- About 10 types of weapons development completed; 80 types of weapons are ready for development, design/specification ready;
- The FPS combat system is linked to the role-playing system;
- Dialogue system is based on intellectual abilities of the character;
- Quests for Kimari: non-linear quests passing functionality;
- The tool for dialogue and quest systems development completed (ie, the new items can be easily and dynamically added);
- Some Armour & Clothing;
- Shooting & Combat system between teams in separate locations
- In-game Chats: individual, group and common;
- Character Creation with the help of detailed, well-developed customizer;
- Basic AI of bots.
Here are the best places where you can always follow us for the latest news, bright videos of our team and game play, our progress and everything else:
Currently, there are 6 types of weapons, each has several subtypes in its category. All weapons can be improved up to 5 modifications, there are also different cartridges for shooting.
Most of the characters can give the player a number of challenging tasks. The tasks can be completed in many ways and, as a result, they may affect events in other cities and attitude of other characters towards a player. NPCs have their own lives, which the player has to consider. Nonlinear storylines and connections between actions and consequences are important components of our work.
Each location is a part of the game world created based on the novel. The cities have their own history, their heroes, economy and politics.
Our team of enthusiasts currently consists of nearly 30 people. At first there were only 12 people - each of us from Luhansk, Ukraine, where today combat operations still continue. The team was assembled when our friends from EFORB looked through the project documentation, saw the prototype and believed in the project. By the time when development started the game was well thought-out, from the details of the game world to the game balance.
When situation in Luhansk became critical, the team partially moved to Kiev and Simferopol. At the moment there are 5 content developers, 8 programmers, 1 game designer and a dozen talented artists. Though distant work sometimes complicates situation, our troubles are nothing compared to what awaits humanity in the future and we believe we can change it with your help.
It's never boring at EFORB, you'll see that. Have you already prepared for post-apocalypse? The SKIES team is getting ready really hard. Take a look at this fun video! Gun, excersises, what else should we do to get ready?
Mac OS version of the game will be released in the nearest time. Today our game is available for Windows and for online browser play. The game has varying levels of system requirements. Minimum Requirements: 2 GB RAM, 512 MB of video memory and any processor released in 2011 or later. Recommended: 8 GB RAM, 1GB video memory.
Risks and challenges
We do not entertain any doubts about sending out the alpha version to every backer of our campaign on the next day of its completion. The alpha is now in the final testing stage. We can guarantee delivery of all the POS-materials to our backers during the Christmas and NY holidays. That is, within a month from the campaign's completion date. We also considered that among our recipients there might be some distant countries or places where the word "post" has a different meaning from "quickly and efficiently." For such exceptions, we may require additional time and effort to fulfil the delivery. In any case, we will do everything we can to resolve any issues that may arise in a timely manner and make our backers' experience as comfortable and pleasant as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)