Walter Sickert & the ARmy of BRoken TOys are putting out an album. Pre-order it & get more info on the MUSIC, Videos & other goodies!
JUST A FEW HOURS LEFT TO BRING US TO THE West Coast!
FINAL GOAL 20K!!!!
Yesterday the feat seemed IMPOSSIBLE - but upon waking - we were FLOODED with emails of support from those who could offer us West Coast Food and Sleeping arrangements AND with some INCREDIBLE pledges yesterday, we are SO CLOSE to being able to go to the West Coast we can ALMOST SMELL that wonderful West Coast air!
I think if we hit 20K we will be able to DO THIS (with a little more bartering and some luck! See the VERY real $expenses$ below)
As of this writing we have 14 hours and $2,263 left to raise to make the DREAM of OUR FIRST FULL BAND TOUR a reality!
EVERY SINGLE PENNY COUNTS!!!
GO GO GADGET BRoken TOy ARmy - Share this! Tell your Friends! Bring us to your town!!!!
We can't tell you how much we appreciate what you have done so far and for your continued support! We made this little video of appreciation to try and give you an idea of how gosh darn excited we are!
Love & Tentacles
Walter Sickert & the ARmy of BRoken TOys
(no, this song isn't on the album - but we'll be posting a brand new track in just a few minutes in the Updates...!)
******** Below is the Tour Post from 12/19/12 - it explains how much $ we'd need to tour*****************
HELP US TOUR!!!I know it seems daunting to finance a tour for a full band - but CRAZIER things have happened
April 17th PLAY PHOENIX
April 18th DRIVE TO TX
- 7 people X $300 a ticket to Seattle = $2100
- 7 people x $300 a ticket to Boston = $2100
- HOPEFULLY we can stay with an awesome friend or two along the way ... if not... 2 Hotel rooms a night @ around $150 a night for 9 consecutive nights = $2700
- Food for the band of 7 x $20 a person X 10 days = $1400
- VAN RENTAL for 10 days (15 person van, unlimited miles) x $450 a day = $4500
- GAS - prices vary widely - as does the gas mileage on vans but for around 2,600 miles @ an average of $3.85 a gallon (current West Coast average for gas $) for a van that does 14mpg = $715
YES that would mean making DOUBLE the amount we've already made on KICKSTARTER to fund a tour and I'm SURE my math needs work (I was an English major - give me a break ;-) AND that there are things I'm not thinking about that will cost us $$$ ...
And we only have HOURS to do it
BUT there will be ways we can barter, trade, use our own cash, make a little bit of $ at shows and with merch sales...
AND I TRUST in the system of community we have all built. ART is important and you're getting SUPER AWESOME rewards for your pledges - not to mention how good it feels to be a PRODUCER of ART!
SEND US TO THE WEST COAST!
Please and Thank You!
Love & Tentacles
(one of the BRoken TOys)
- original post with cool new art and photos -
Hello Toy Chest Lovelies!
Welcome to the Soft Time Traveler (#SoftTime) Kickstarter for your dear ARmy of BRoken TOys!
We are ever so glad you stopped by! Grab a cuppa, put your feet up for a spell, and get yourself comfortable while we regale you with the reasons why we need your help getting our wonderful new multimedia album the Soft Time Traveler into your hot little hands and tender ear-holes!
I promise, it won’t hurt a bit.
For the last two years, our diverse band family has been using music, visual art, dance and performance to fight for love, tentacles and the SteamCRUNK way. We've formed an eccentric and inclusive community of misfits who have been working hard putting on EPIC SHOWS of which all of you have been an integral part! We don’t just perform for you, we perform on you, in you, with you! It’s you that makes all of this possible!
We have saved up money and were able to fund lots of lovely art projects like MORE MUSIC THAN YOU CAN SHAKE A STICK AT, nearly UNENDING AMOUNTS OF ART and an AWESOME interactive-multimedia-play (which many of you helped produce!!!)
But now it's time to turn our attention to beautiful NEW songs that we can make widely available to EVERYONE EVERYWHERE!
LET’S MAKE A STUDIO ALBUM!
Though we are doing a modest Kickstarter to help defray some of the production costs, all of the money thus far has come from our own shows and music sales over the last two years!
But that money only got us through the studio recording phase – now we need to mix, master and manufacture this wonderful music! The REAL goal of the album is lofty! We’d like to release not only the gorgeous music (in a beautiful one-of-a-kind package), but also to accompany each and every track with unique art conceived of and executed by Walter. If we BEAT our modest Kickstarter GOAL, we will also press the album in vinyl (for extra-warm analog goodness) AND make a video for every song on the album!
Everything we’re raising goes directly to the album and fulfilling the rewards (and Kickstarter/Credit Card fees)! We keep our costs as low as possible, after all - we are backed ONLY BY YOU and our own hard work and savings! Our Kickstarter minimum goal was to raise $6,600, but the cost of doing the album is actually closer to $20,000 *gulp*
SO we'd LOVE to make EXTRA!
Here's the breakdown:
- ACHIEVED!!!! 6,600 BASE GOAL (Reward fulfillment, Mixing, Mastering, paying our incredible Producer Joel Simches, Manufacturing CDs, a TINY amount of promo, pay for NEW band photos by the AHHHhhhhmazing Caleb Cole)
- ACHIEVED!!!!! 9k AWESOME VINYL (all of the above plus a DOUBLE VINYL album with REALLY awesome ART!) [As soon as we hit 9k, we'll add vinyl as one of the rewards so that you all can Manage your Reward to grab it.]
- ACHIEVED!!!!! 12k HECK YES (all of the above PLUS an AHHHHHHMAZING VIDEO!!! The FIRST OFFICIAL FULL BAND VIDEO!!!! Plus we can give you backers some awesome freebies - stickers, buttons, postcards etc.)
- 20k HOLY SHIT WE FUNDED EVERYTHING (all of the above plus TOUR funding, videos for ALL SONGS not just by us but by awesome people like Jasmine Inglesmith, Mike Pecci, BriAnna Olson, & Michael Pope)
- ONE MILLION DOLLARS (all of the above PLUS we'll press the album on Wax Cylinder!!!)
~~PLEASE SIGNAL BOOST BY BEING OUR HUMAN MICROPHONE ~~
As soon as you support this Kickstarter, PLEASE TELL EVERYONE YOU'VE DONE IT, AND SPREAD THE LINK FAR AND WIDE!
This effort is all about COMMUNITY and will only succeed with YOUR HELP!
Our hashtag is #SoftTime
And don't forget FaceBook!
and thank you, thank you, thank you!
Love & Tentacles
& the ARmy of BRoken TOys
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
There are challenges and risks to any project, but I gotta tell ya - WE ARE READY FOR THIS!
It's been two years since our last studio album, and everything is ALREADY recorded! We are simply challenged by the amount of $$$$ it will take to get it mixed, mastered and manufactured.
We've planned our rewards carefully so as not to stretch the tight budget we have with fulfillment.
AND we already have a date for release of this thing (March 19th, 2013!!!)
Now all we need is YOU!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.