Who's Talking about Us?
What is the Orbit Pole?
The Orbit Pole is a hand-held action camera accessory unlike any other. It gives you 360 degree dynamic control over your action camera’s point of view all from one hand. Just by rotating the thumb wheel on the handle you’re able to change your camera angle in real time. You shouldn't have to stop a killer run to adjust your camera angle.
The 1/4-20 threaded tripod connector allows the Orbit Pole to work with nearly all modern action sports cameras available, including all GoPros, Sony Action Camera, Contour Wasp Cam, Braun SixZero, Drift, Polaroid HD Sport, ION Air Pro and many more.
What problem are we solving?
The Orbit Pole was designed and developed by sports enthusiasts who are tired of fragile, limiting and unidirectional monopods and selfie sticks. The Orbit Pole gives you 360 degree dynamic control over your action camera’s point of view all from one hand.
No longer do you have to think about setting up the perfect angle before your run. No longer will you miss that perfect shot because the camera was facing the wrong way. With the Orbit Pole, you can do it all on the fly.
Raw Footage From Prototype 3 Testing
Orbit Pole History:
First video shot with Prototype 2.
Who is the Orbit Pole for?
Designed with action sports enthusiasts in mind, the Orbit Pole is the perfect accessory for a casual skier or the ultimate thrill seeker.
If you’re a surfer, hit the waves and film yourself tube riding. If you’re a snowboarder, capture you and your friends dropping an aggressive backcountry line - all in a single run. If you’re a globetrotting traveller, replace boring and static landscape shots with creative storytelling.
You’ll never miss the perfect shot ever again with the Orbit Pole.
500 Facebook likes so you get a deal!!
Free pole float with all Carbon Fiber Orbit Pole orders!!!
- No Batteries are required. Orbit Pole is completely mechanical. Precision engineering ensures reliable effortless rotation that will not let you down.
- 360 degree rotation allows you to dynamically control your point of view.
- Precision engineering and double bearing shaft guides ensure solid camera control because no one likes a shaky video. We spent months on just this issue and it paid off.
- The universal angle joint allows 180 degrees of static angle selection without affecting the feel of the rotation feature.
- Available in Aluminum or Carbon Fiber Telescoping poles. Both are good, but the Carbon fiber is a bit lighter and stronger. If you plan to go in the ocean with it we strongly recommend the Carbon fiber version.
- The 1/4-20 standard threaded stud on the mount means you can attach virtually any action sport camera. Threaded 1/4-20 insert on the but allows for the addition of counter weights and future accessories, soon to come.
- Adjustable length from 19” to 35” gives you the flexibility to toss it in your suite case or extend it to capture the whole picture with ease. Nothing puts down an awesome day more then realizing your camera was too close so every shot is waist up.
- Available in a variety of colours. Let us know what colour you want. If it is not in the picture below and enough people want it we'll see if we can add it to the product line.
- Open Source control knob design. We will give everyone who purchases an Orbit Pole the CAD file to make their own control knob. Unfortunately we don't supply the 3D printer, but with the growth of maker spaces we might be able to help you find one.
- A combination of carefully selected materials makes the the Orbit Pole worthy of any environment. Stainless steel, carbon fiber, anodized aluminum and plastics made of the same polymer alloy used in the manufacturing of bomb disposal Armour ensure this product is very rugged. This is no selfie stick.
What Our Athletes Say
We understand what it takes to work towards being a professional athlete in the extreme sports industry. You need to always be grabbing that perfect shot to boost your social media standings and gain more sponsorships. In the world of today, video and photos on social media carry more weight then killing it at the hill.
We are "get it done" type people and meeting deadlines is very important to us. So you can be assured that we will do what ever it takes to deliver on time or earlier.
The Team That Made This Possible
Thank you for taking the time to checkout our campaign!
Risks and challenges
All projects have risks, but we've gone above and beyond to mitigate these.
We've put in over 1000 hours of testing with various prototype configurations and it has resulted in a rugged, reliable, precision engineered action camera accessory like no other.
Proper planning of manufacturing and distribution long before approaching Kickstarter assures deadlines are met.
Accurate cost planning means we can provide you with the best price possible for a solid well constructed product.
As positive and well planned as we can be, it would be foolish to think nothing could happen. Fortunately we are cool under pressure, persistent, and driven. If an issue arises we will solve it.
Working closely with a very experienced local manufacturer and mold maker ensures there will be no slow or costly delays. If there is a problem at the factory we are literally 15 minutes away.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (37 days)