IN ENGLISH (link en ESPAÑOL)
Brigantia, legendary land of Celtic tribes, is the capital of a mythical age inhabited by ancient races and riddled with powerful strongholds and portals to mysterious realms. It is a time of magic, a force of nature wielded by sages and abundant in dragon lairs.
In this era, veiled behind the mists of time, indomitable adventurers and cunning strategists are born. United in their zealous thirst for conquest, they will follow the chimeric paths set before them, determined to forge kingdoms of legend.
But even in times of sorcery, arcane lands are scarce. No adventurer will hesitate to destroy their enemies in conquest, because only a chosen few can be... The Waylanders.
- We trust so much in The Waylanders project and our backers that we want to reward you for your loyalty, and for doing this long journey with us. That’s why we are going to give away the set of 6 event cards; “Battle veteran” and we are also going to double the “Night battle” event cards, with another 8 event cards. But that’s not all, we are going to give you another set of 8 event cards for the scenario “Battle at the Storm”, which you can also use in standard games. So, we are adding 22 event cards in total!
- Special Scenario: we are also going to include the scenario “Swamp Zone” as a gift, which adds 4 new swamp tiles to the game, and even more challenges to the adventurer’s movement and their capacity to declare formations. The swamp zones cannot be controlled and are full with menacing creatures that will attack your adventurers by surprise. These tiles bring new mechanics to the game that will make your adventurers despair.
- Although The Waylanders allows for 2 to 4 players to face each other in skirmish battles, we have been playtesting and developing a new game mode that we think you will enjoy, two factions of 2 players each fighting against each other. This way, you may coordinate your strategy with your teammate to face the fierce battle, where only one faction can win.
- To show how grateful we are for your support, we want to make you a gift: some very special and valuable content for the Waylanders’ upcoming videogame: an exclusive in-game armor, the digital artbook and the OST.
Created by Gato Studio and Eclipse Editorial, The Waylanders is their new competitive board game with tactical battles for 2-4 players.
Plan your strategy: pick 5 adventurers to build your team, choose wisely before each move, control the strongholds, complete objectives, defeat your opponents... and claim victory!
Each game will be different, offering an almost infinite array of possibilities. Enjoy each fight and become a true Waylander!
Each game will be different: you can use many tactics to win. You can be more aggressive or try to avoid short range battles, build a different party and terrain map for every game. Thousands of combinations will make for endless hours of fun!
Different strategies to win: there are many different ways to obtain victory. Will you try to complete the objectives? Try to knock down your opponents? Or maybe you would rather focus your efforts in conquering the strongholds?
Configure your party: each adventurer has unique abilities: pick the strong Elathor, the mighty semifomori warrior. Or Wradnja, the great mourian explorer with her bow and never-failing aim. Or choose the healing magic of Badarn, the celtic healer. The adventurers you choose will determine your strategy... as well as the strategy of your opponents.
Every adventurer is different: each character belongs to one of the 4 races and 6 classes inhabiting The Waylanders universe. In addition, each adventurer has unique abilities and skills: a semifomori warrior, a mourian explorer, a celtic healer, a lycanthrope rogue...
Adapt to the land: you can choose your group of adventurers, but you'll have to adapt to the terrain. Some characters move better through plains, while others prefer forests or mountains.
An innovative formation system that provides your team with important strategic advantages. Gather your adventurers and coordinate them to get powerful bonuses: a lethal attack, superior speed or a well defended position could be decisive for your victory.
Brigantia awaits you: inspired on celtic legends, discover the secrets of this mythical land.
Easy to play, hard to master: The Waylanders is a game that you will easily learn to play, but its tactical depth and dynamic battles will make you want to play more and more until you become a true master!
Knowing your fighters will be essential for the upcoming battles. There are 4 races and 6 classes from 3 different guilds, which makes each character unique.
Choose the warriors that suit best your game style. There are 20 characters in the base box (10 different models), but with your help, that number will increase!
- (UNLOCKED) 10 Action Point gems. What better way to keep track of your actions points than with these plastic gems resembling uncut precious stones? If we unlock this stretch goal, we will trade the cardboard action point tokens for these plastic gems.
- (UNLOCKED) BALOR: this Fomori warrior and his two-handed axe will be a formidable fighter in your games, so make sure to pick it for your team any time you can! His special skill is to expel enemies from his current tile, adding an extra tactical layer to the battle in The Waylanders.
- (UNLOCKED) MEONG: she only needs a quiver full of arrows to finish a whole group of enemies, without anyone else’s help. Her swiftness losing arrows is perfectly matched with her impressive marksmanship. Meong has the skills to use her bow in any situation: she may be your most valuable offensive asset, or trump rival tactics by attacking adventurers who are trying to declare a formation.
- (UNLOCKED) GRIER: she is a master with her shield, and her sharp spear allows her to attack from a larger range than swords. Teamwork is key for her, she knows that it’s the only way to defeat a superior army. Because of this, she can set almost impenetrable formations to protect her allies, while maiming her opponents with her spear. Grier is a natural-born leader and she knows that the best defense is always a good attack.
- (UNLOCKED) HIEITH: she can be a real headache for her opponents. With her powerful scepter she channels strong magic, capable of bending her enemies will to make them her puppets, and force them to attack their own allies from within.
- (UNLOCKED) OUAF: if one sword can do a lot of damage… why not use two? At least, that’s what Ouaf, the werewolf warrior thinks. And this offense-oriented mentality suits her just right. Her physical prowess allows her to grab her opponents and drag them to her terrains of choice. Her two weapons allow her to combine powerful strikes with quicker blows that will maim and weaken her enemies.
- (UNLOCKED) SEDNA: she is not the most skillful warrior, but her teammates always take good care of protecting her, because they know too well that when the time comes, she is the best in what she does: there is no one better with healing magic than Sedna. She can heal her fallen allies and raise powerful protective shields to avoid damage, making her a key element for those who want to control the battle from the rear.
- CETHRA: attacking with an axe is usually very effective. Even more so after being knocked down and rendered unarmed by a powerful shield blow. That’s why Cethra combines both. Her fierceness can frighten her rivals. But defeating her enemies is not the only thing on her mind, she always wary of avoiding losses on her team. Her teammates know they are safer when Cethra is around.
- The Siege at The Citadel: includes a Citadel tile and 2 Tower tiles. We must reach 10 victory points and these special tiles will be the most important objective to conquer, with zones of power with difficulty values of 3.
- TWITTER (Kickstarter Exclusive): if we reach 400 retweets of THIS TWEET and 1500 followers on Twitter, you'll receive the Board Game's Artbook (physical version) and the Video Game's Artbook (digital).
- BGG (Kickstarter Exclusive): if we reach 300 fans on The Waylanders BGG entry, you will receive this exclusive cloth bag to generate random scenarios, as well as simple rules to do so.
- FACEBOOK (Kickstarter Exclusive): if we reach 400 shares of this special post and 1500 likes on Facebook, you will receive two exclusive specially designed cardboard boxes, to store and protect the game's cards.
How to add an add-on to your pledge?
Go to your pledge, use the "manage my pledge" button and manually add the amount of US$ for everything you would like to add. When the campaign is over, we will do a Pledge Manager that lets you confirm all of the details of your pledge.
The Waylanders is not just a board game, it's a huge universe that will have its own video game... soon to be released here on Kickstarter! Here are some previews:
The Waylanders in the press
You can get your copy of The Waylanders in 2 languages: English or Spanish (other languages pending). After the campaign, we will ask what is your preference for your copy. In the following links you will find an initial version of the English and Spanish rulebooks in PDF.
The Waylanders tutorial (English)
Gameplay The Waylanders (English)
Promotional video (extended English version)
Interview for "Destroqueladores" (Spanish)
In "Taberna de Dam" (Spanish)
Tutorial "Discípulos de Armitage" (Spanish)
In "La Mazmorra de Pacheco" (Spanish)
In "Meepletopia" (Spanish)
In "Juegorrinos" (Spanish)
In "Escapando del Espacio Reticulado" (Spanish)
This project is US-Friendly, EU-Friendly, Australia-Friendly, and Canada-Friendly, and therefore no additional charges or fees will apply due to taxes or customs. Since the dimensions and weight of the final boxes may slightly change, shipping costs will be calculated during the Pledge Manager where we will try to adjust it as much as possible. Below you can see approximate shipping prices that will be confirmed in due time. Requesting a reimbursement for your pledge once the campaign has finished will incur fees and expenses.
We will print the games in Europe. Most of the game’s design is already finished. Depending on the amount of unlocked content during the campaign, and the number of backers reached, production times may vary, but our initial estimation is that we will be ready to start shipping sometime between July and September of 2019.
We believe in communicating with our backers so, just like we did with our previous games, we will keep you informed via Kickstarter with production updates. Our aim is to improve the delivery date, once certain that we are offering the high quality product that you expect and deserve.
Publisher: Eclipse Editorial.
Authors: Jaime González García & Gato Studio.
Original Idea: Fernando Prieto, Sergio Prieto and Javier Vara.
Game mechanics: Jaime González, Laksmy Irigoyen, Daniel Del Río and Manuel Esteban.
Illustrations & 2D art: Patricia Castelao.
Concept Artists: Eugenia Suárez, Antón Blanco, Luis Miguel Fernández and Yolanda Alonso.
Campaign planning: Fernando Prieto, Juan Nieto and Jorge Luis Pardo.
Graphic design: Jorge Luis Pardo and Manuel Esteban.
3D models & miniatures: Eugenia Suárez and Javier Vara.
Miniature painting: Luis Miguel Fernández.
Collaborators: Javier Romero, Sergio Rodríguez, Jose Manuel Moreno, Jaime Devesa, Luis Álvaro Hernández, Raquel López, Buster Lehn and Fran Ruiz.
Gato Studio: has been developing video games since 2010 (AR-K or, Bullshot amongst others), which can be found on Steam. Currently, they are developing The Waylanders video games. Soon on Kickstarter!
Eclipse Editorial: along with their sister company Draco Ideas have created many board games like ONUS!, 2GM Tactics, RatLand & Skull Tales: Full Sail! (currently in production).
Risks and challenges
The artwork or final design of components, add-ons and stretch goals may vary slightly in the final product.
Prior to this project, we have successfully completed 5 crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter as Draco Ideas. We have always delivered the games on time, or very close to schedule, and we have learned from these experiences. As Eclipse Editorial, we have successfully completed two crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter: “RatLand” (delivered on time) and “Skull Tales: Full Sail!” (in progress and currently on schedule).
The Timeline for “The Waylanders” includes some leeway for "any unforeseen problems", so we feel confident that we will deliver on schedule.
- (22 days)