IN ENGLISH (link en ESPAÑOL)
We are giving away ALL the Stretch Goals!
The Southern Lady cuts through the waves, the water spraying your face as you stare out at the Caribbean sea. Lost in thought, you remember the first time you came across a Spanish Galleon. Few of you managed to escape that mess with your lives, but that marked the moment when you began forging your destiny as a pirate. Now, your reputation precedes you wherever you go, instilling fear among your enemies. Nothing will get in your way of becoming the most infamous pirate to ever sail the high seas…
Make your own destiny and become the terror of the seas in Skull Tales: Full Sail!
Skull Tales: Full Sail! is a pirate adventures board game with miniatures. Set sail on the Southern Lady and explore the beautiful Caribbean sea, ripe with fearsome enemies and amazing treasures. Fame and fortune await you!
Choose among twelve starting characters, each one with its own unique miniature, to be used on the different boards as you play through the game. Find all the information you need to start playing on their character sheets.
In Skull Tales: Full Sail! You’ll be able to play individual scenarios or embark upon an immersive campaign that threads several different scenarios together into one captivating storyline.
Skull Tales, created by David Illescas, is a semi-cooperative game for 1-5 players aged 14 and up. The approximate playing time in Campaign Mode is between 60-90 minutes for one scenario and about 150 minutes for a complete chapter (Voyage, Adventure and Port). The game also includes 52 miniatures - not counting stretch goals!
During the Voyage Phase, which simulates being on a pirate ship, we’ll be managing the crew that makes up our ship while we explore the map on the way towards our objective...or objectives! But, the Captain might have a hidden agenda that he/she is keeping from the rest of the crew…
Throughout this phase, characters will take on different jobs: steering the ship, managing boarding actions, cleaning up, or even fighting sea creatures. The idea is to gain the confidence of the crew, which will depend on where you place your character and how good he/she is at dealing with all the dangerous events you’ll be facing together. The Captain will be able to assign different tasks to the crewmembers, but watch out - the other pirates can conspire against him/her!
Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, there are a lot of things that can negatively affect crew's morale: hunger, losing battles, unexpected events, etc. If morale suffers too much, another pirate can organize a mutiny to take over the captaincy and benefit from its many privileges…
Characters will earn Trust Points as they carry out duties on the ship, and these points will turn into Prestige Points once the Voyage phase comes to an end. This way, your pirate will start to gain a fearsome reputation!
In the Adventure Phase you’ll explore mysterious islands, dangerous caves, and abandoned temples. You’ll also have the chance to pillage colonial villas and find legendary objects. However, there are frightening creatures and challenging enemies to face along the way.
The Adventure map develops as terrain tiles appear randomly according to the specifications of the scenario, making each game different!
On the Adventure board you’ll be able to see how much time you have left to carry out the mission, as well as the current danger level…
Enemies have cards that outline their characteristics and a corresponding miniature. Also, every opponent you face will have a behavior or AI that generates reactions at unpredictable times, making each adventure a challenge.
In the Port Phase your character can acquire new abilities and equipment by interacting with the residents of Tortuga Island and visiting its different locations. But be careful, this place hides secrets that can make a pirate’s fate take a turn for the worst.
Each player will have time units they’ll use to carry out actions, while making sure they are ready to go when the ship sets sail: heal wounds, learn abilities, make bets, listen out for rumors, equip and improve the ship, etc. Each location has an Event Deck, and there are also independent decks for Rumors and Captain Assignments.
The following list has everything initially included in the base game, not counting components that may have been unlocked during the Kickstarter campaign.
- The base game box also comes with a quick-start 10 chapter campaign (Campaign I) and a couple of special scenarios.
The new Skull Tales miniatures have been completely remodeled and will be made with a high quality plastic that is flexible, easy to paint, and allows for more clearly detailed figures. We have already started testing and the results are spectacular.
The scale of the miniatures is approximately 30-32mm up to the eye-line and not including the base.
(Images courtesy from Icue)
- PIRATE contest! (Unlocked): Share videos, photos or audio files of your family and friends with a pirate theme. If we get 200 interactions, between Twitter & Facebook, we will include a sliding chest box to store our booty (80x80x50mm) for all the backers of the game. Additionally, we will include a new Journey card dedicated to the crew of the best submission, as well as a gift for the winning crew.
- For more information: See all our booty: the first 46 Stretch Goals.
$431000 (Unlocked, Free Expansion): New Enemy: Amazons (6 miniatures). They were strong, muscular women with a height that surpassed our tallest men. They seemed taken by some strange trance, as their rage was supernatural…
The true Amazonians arrive, whose legend gave name to one of the most famous rivers in the world. These warrior princesses are willing to fight to the last woman, and woe the man who stands in their way!
6 Amazonian miniatures with enemy card.
- $438000 (Unlocked, Free Expansion): New cards for the incident deck, adding 4 new dangers to our adventures.
- $445000 (Unlocked, Free Expansion): We are changing four small tile designs into two large tile designs to give scenarios more variety. This double-sided tile is like the Village tiles in that it is 4 times bigger than the smaller ones.
- $460000 (Unlocked, Free Expansion): New Enemy: Stranglers (4 miniatures). We came ashore in the midst of a frightful fog – you could barely see your hand in front of your face. The vast mounds of seaweed were beyond anything natural, suggesting that the tide in this area was stronger and pulled any marine life from the depths of the sea onto the beaches. When the seaweed began to move, I felt as though someone was strangling me to death. Fear overcame me, especially when I saw our pistols did little damage against the shapes covered in seaweed.
Another enemy comes to join the rest of the abominations. On this occasion, we’re releasing 4 Strangler miniatures and their enemy card.
- $467000 (Unlocked, Free Expansion): 4 Equipment Cards (2 models). You won’t believe the beauty that I found on the last galley captured by the Brotherhood…
Our market keeps on receiving new merchandise to equip your pirates with the best against their enemies.
2 x Light Blunderbuss: able to fire at adjacent enemies, but with a shorter range than pistols.
2 x Poison Vials: choose a melee weapon at the beginning of the adventure. That weapon inflicts an additional wound.
- $487000 (Unlocked, Free Expansion): Tarantula Anansi (Giant miniature). And Anansi came from the shadows, wrapping that pirate up in a cocoon of silk, making quick work of the poor lad…
The powerful tarantula Anansi has arrived to Skull Tales: Full Sail! the Caribbean will never be safe with the presence of this supernatural beast.
This time, we’re adding an enemy that brings new game mechanics with enemies that take up four spaces. The Tarantula Anansi is represented by a miniature the size of 4 spaces, and comes with her corresponding enemy card.
- $494000 (Unlocked, Base Game): 5 Port Events. The chapel was quieter than usual, the silence falling over the silhouettes as they brought their offerings. This didn’t feel right…
Five new events to add variety to the Port Phase.
- $509000 (Unlocked, Free Expansion): Campaign V complete. The Brotherhood has received what at first was thought to be a Royal order. After the initial refusal to carry it out, it has become an ultimatum. They have been accused of being behind a series of supernatural events that is reducing the free labor population in the colonies and negatively affecting profits from the slave trade. Either the Brotherhood takes charge of solving this mystery, or the British Empire will bring down all its might upon Tortuga Isle. The only clue that we have involves the appearance, however strange, of huge amounts of spider webs after each event…
- $516000 (Unlocked, Free Expansion): 4 Equipment Cards. You have asked us on many occasions and our armorer has listened…we’re adding one more copy of the Net, Hook, Bandoleer, and Shovel cards.
- $530000 (Unlocked, Free Expansion): Character: Swordsman. "He spent years searching for his mother’s assassin. But, although he is a master fencer, his sanity is fading away, and he now spends most of his day accusing anyone who crosses his path: “You killed my mother... prepare to die!"
We’re going to add 6 Final Boss designs to the enemy cards. Each boss will have its own personalized characteristics with different behaviors and abilities.
Tlanchana, the queen of the mermaids; Oggum, herald of Yemayá; Charles Vane, Captain of the Black Sails; and Anansi, the avatar tarantula.
We kept rummaging through our last treasure chest and we’ve found a pack of more than 5 cards that are being added to the ones already unlocked. What surprises are to be found on these cards?
Go to your pledge, use the "manage my pledge" button and manually add the amount of US$ for everything you would like to add. When the campaign is over, we will do a Pledge Manager that lets you confirm all of the details of your pledge.
40 Metal Pirate Coins: We have listened to the requests of many of you, and we can finally announce our new ADD-ON with 40 aged metal coins of 25mm in diameter and a thickness of about 1.5-1.8mm. With our own spectacular design, this great set of coins will bring: 20 coins in copper color, 10 in silver and 10 in gold.
- Set of 12 Doors & 5 Chests: This $18 ADD-ON is for those of you want to upgrade those tokens and replace them with miniatures, or even to use them in other games. The chests are placed over the target tokens, and the doors are to be used in spaces of buildings and rooms in the Village. This set will come in a 17x13x3cm cardboard box.
Set of 10 custom Dice: we bring you a new add-on with a spectacular design, to make your games of Skull Tales: Full Sail! even more thematic. Ten dice with a very exclusive design, with custom faces, and in two different colors, bone white and ash gray. Are you ready to test your luck for just $14?
Wooden Dice tower in sight! We are proud to announce that we have a final design! It’s very easy to set up and it can be dismounted just as easily, without the need for glue. This add-on will come with its own cardboard box. You can take a look at how it works in the following video…More information.
- The Twins: two miniatures representing the Twins Characters, controlled by one player, with two Character cards and exclusive equipment.
- Sea Miniatures for Voyage Phase: 11 miniatures to replace the tokens in the Voyage Phase.
- For backers of the previous publisher, we’ve included a new customized ADD-ON with the 3 new Sea Miniatures and the Sea Monster for $9.
- Witch and Freedman miniatures for those of you that couldn’t get these figures in the game three years ago.
- Box with the 52 miniatures included in the game.
Follow this link where you can download a preliminary version of the rules for Skull Tales: Full Sail! (subject to change).
If you find any mistakes, please send us a message via the KS messaging system (we can't track responses in the comments section).
Gameplay - Adventure Phase (in english)
Skull Tales into Kickstarter (english)
Gameplay - Adventure Phase (in spanish)
Gameplay - Adventure Phase (in spanish)
Gameplay - Port Phase (in spanish)
Gameplay - Voyage Phase (in spanish)
Funnatic Channel, Skull Tales 2015 version
Game in English (previous version)
What are people saying about Skull Tales?
Testimonials and Reviewer Opinions:
- Fase de Mantenimiento: "A new edition of a really good game that looks to become the best Ameritrash game produced nationally (Spain)"
Discípulos de Armitage: "It’s more than a game... it’s an adventure!"
Mazmorra de Pacheco: "There are certain stories that can be. enjoyed from afar...and those that are worth experiencing firsthand - with Skull Tales, every step you take is an experience to be remembered. "
- Escapando del espacio reticulado: “‘Yo Ho Ho - a pirate’s life for me!’ Just need a copy of Skull Tales and bottle of rum and it’ll be complete!”
- Juegorrinos: "Finally! A real pirate game that simulates all aspects of pirate life!"
- MrPlayforlive: “Something has been accomplished that hasn’t been done before - implementing all the epic feelings of danger, tension, and fun of pirate adventures into one game.”
- Masivi: "Neither Errol Flynn nor Johnny Depp...if you want to experience the life of a pirate there's only one way: Skull Tales. Adventure, combat, plundering, mutiny...all of it on your living room table. Unbeatable."
- Mesa221b: "Pirate life at its best! One of the most complete adventure games thanks to the different phases that our pirates go through: sail, plunder, and show off your booty at the Port."
- Destroqueladores: "If you've always dreamed of being a pirate, this is the game that will get you closest to that experience."
We plan to produce the game in Europe, including the miniatures. A large portion of the game contents are finished. Depending on the quantity of unlocked stretch goals and the number of backers, production times could vary. However, we expect to receive the game between December this year and April 2019. We will keep you informed about the production process through Kickstarter updates as we have done with other games. We will try to deliver the game earlier, but only once we can guarantee the quality of the game components.
This project is US-Friendly, EU-Friendly, Australia-Friendly, and Canada-Friendly, and therefore no additional charges or fees will apply due to taxes or customs. Since the dimensions and weight of the final boxes may change slightly, shipping costs will be calculated during the Pledge Manager where we will try to adjust it as much as possible. Below you can see approximate shipping prices that will be confirmed in due time. Requesting a reimbursement for your pledge once the campaign has finished will incur fees and expenses.
- TWITTER: Skull Tales and Eclipse Editorial.
FACEBOOK: Skull Tales and Eclipse Editorial.
- Skull Tales: Full Sail! on BGG.
- Previous Skull Tales Version on BGG (8.1).
Swear allegiance to your crew with these avatars and personalize your icon on Kickstarter, Twitter, Facebook, or wherever you want. You can download them all here.
Please forgive us if we forgot to mention someone and let us know about it!
All the channels that are supporting us.
All the players and previous backers of Skull Tales that have helped David Illescas in the creation and testing process for the new Voyage and Port phases, as well as in the changes made to the Adventure Phase.
Everyone that has sat down to play with us at game festivals, given us their opinion or suggestions or simply stopped to say hello. We have really enjoyed playing the game and spending time with you.
All former backers that have supported us throughout this new voyage in the game’s evolution
And of course... you!
- Author: David Illescas.
- Illustrations: Roberto Picó, Francisco Arenas y Eugenio Delgado.
- Graphic Design Miniature: 3D Breed Miniatures.
- Design: WAH! Studio.
- Publisher: Eclipse Editorial.
- Collaborating Editorial: Draco Ideas.
- Translation: Jesús Sánchez, Charles Reeder.
- New mechanics and testing: Óscar M. Dóniz, José A. Rojo, José Mora, Flavio Collovini, Joan Arós, Guillermo García, Toñín Fernández, Raúl Rubio, Oliver Brettschneider, Francisco José A. Muñoz, Francisco Araujo, Alfonso Blanco, Fernando Díaz.
- Collaborators: Javier Romero, Sergio Rodríguez, Jose Manuel Moreno, Jaime Devesa, Luis Álvaro Hernández, Ricardo Hernández, Raquel López, Buster Lehn and Fran Ruiz.
Riesgos y desafíos
The art or final design of components, add-ons and stretch goals may vary slightly.
Prior to this project we have successfully completed 4 crowdfunding projects on Kickstarter with publisher Draco Ideas and we have delivered the games on time or very close to it. We have also learned from these experiences. As Eclipse Editorial, we have successfully completed our first crowdfunding project on Kickstarter, “RatLand” and we have delivered the game on time. The Timeline for “Skull Tales: Full Sail!” includes some leeway for "any unforeseen problems" and we feel confident we can deliver on schedule.
Período de financiamiento
Del al (24 días)