IN ENGLISH (link en ESPAÑOL)
Think like a rat, act like a rat. BE A RAT! Manage and multiply your clan of rats and become master of the sewers. Scout the dangerous areas outside for food or snatch it from your neighbors. But be careful, they’ll try to do the same!
We are giving away ALL the Stretch Goals because of the support RatLand has received on Kickstarter!
RatLand is a fun, light-hearted family game where players will try to make their clan of rats the most numerous in the sewers. But first you must gather enough food (cheese) to feed your rats…
Other clans will try to steal your food or beat you to the three areas where food can be found: the dump, the city, and the field.
The fight of survival is fierce in the damp sewers of RatLand. Many rats put their lives at risk by going outside to search for food. Others, less bold, go through the winding dark pipe system to steal cheese from their oblivious neighbors’ pantries; while the most cautious rats stay in the nursery to fulfill the most important role: increase the clan’s population.
- Board game for 2-6 players
- Game length around 30-45 min
- Ages 8 and up
- Simultaneous gameplay
- Hidden action programming
- Push-your-luck mechanism
- Download the rulebook in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese
Ratland video tutorial in English
We would like to give our sincerest thanks to Verónica for making this video in English:
RatLand is a fun strategy board game where players have to make choices depending on what they think the other players are thinking while also trying to fool and divert them away from their true intentions. To achieve victory, multiply your rat's population but make sure you have the necessary cheese to feed them each turn. A turn is played over the following PHASES:
And how many turns does a game take?
This is another highlight of RatLand’s design: the game ends after revealing the Game End Event card, a.k.a. “That’s All Folks!”. At that point, a final scoring takes place: all surviving rats award positive points while rats that died of starvation give negative points.
- 80 Miniature Cheese Tokens: as per your request, we have included a new add-on for those cheese lovers out there: a set of new cheeses like the ones included in the game, made up of an additional 80 cheeses. The combination of colours will be the same. It is not necessary to have this ADD-ON to play Ratland, as there are more than enough cheeses included in the game.
- Rat Miniatures: many backers have asked about an option to play Ratland with rat miniatures. Designed by Pablo Miras, creator and modeler of Alchemical Crystal Quest.
We present to you this ADD-ON that contains 55 individual rats and 30 double rats. These amounts could vary, but are close to definitive. The miniatures would be about 15mm tall, approximately, and therefore their characteristics have been exaggerated a bit so that the details can be seen more clearly in such a small miniature.
Rats will come in plain gray (no color applied).
The ADDON is also available for stores. Six packs of rats for $74 (only for stores)
How to add an add-on to your pledge?
Go to your pledge, use the "manage my pledge" button and manually add the amount of US$ for everything you would like to add. When the campaign is over, we will do a Pledge Manager that lets you confirm all of the details of your pledge.
Help us spread the word!
Help us spread the word!
(UNLOCKED) Share this post on Facebook and we will give you, our KS backers, this nifty 80x80x30mm sliding box to store your rats.
Follow us and become a fan on BGG!
(UNLOCKED) Follow our game on BoardGameGeek and we’ll include another sliding box to neatly store your cheese.
- Given that in 6 player games there will be 80 cheeses, we've decided that we're going to give 2 sliding boxes instead of one, free of charge. That way we can have one box for the yellow cheeses and one for all the others.
(UNLOCKED) If we get 100 German backers or more, we will include a printed rulebook in German.
(UNLOCKED) If we get 100 French backers or more, we will include a printed rulebook in French.
- (UNLOCKED) Two new events: Strategist for the initial phase and Dr. Cheese for the end phase.
- (UNLOCKED) Increase the thickness of the board by 2mm + a custom bag.
- (UNLOCKED) Clan rules with 4 cards: we'll include an optional rule that will allow each player to represent a clan with a special ability, depending on if it's in the initial phase, or improved if it's in the final stage.
- (UNLOCKED) Two new very fun events that we'll unveil soon, but we encourage you to guess what they do.
- (UNLOCKED) Two new clans. Can you guess what abilities they'll have?
- (UNLOCKED) 5th player: increase all the components to allow for five players: 70 cheeses, 95 rats, a new board, divider, and cheese cards for each location.
- (UNLOCKED) Exclusive Box to store your cards.
- (UNLOCKED) 2 new Clans cards (6+2): Family and Warriors.
- (UNLOCKED) New optional rule: aggressive sewer ($41,000). This rule allows us to choose between playing the normal sewer or the aggressive sewer (on the back of the board). We'll explain the difference at a later date, but it would let us kill other players' rats at the risk of losing our own and being less productive. Fun stuff!
- (UNLOCKED) 2 new clan cards to be chosen by the backers ($43,000): you can post comments with your own ideas for clans so that in this link we can post the ones we like the best and are the most balanced. Everyone can vote, or even change your vote if a better option comes up. It will be active a few days after the campaign finishes and we will design and illustrate the clan cards that receive the most votes. docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJ31qyQSy1nHs3LbORnhvOprWbaEq8BqJA96oEdybhrLSAYw/viewform
- (UNLOCKED) 2 new rat tokens ($45,000): to add variety to the rat tokens, we'll make two more so that there are 3 types (although this would have no effect on game play).
- (UNLOCKED) Starting player token ($47,000): we'll change the starting player token design as the rat on the cover so that it's more visible to all players.
- (UNLOCKED) 6th player ($50,000): 80 miniature cheese pieces, 115 rat tokens, another board, divider, and set of help cards. Plus, whoever has the rat add-on will receive more rat minis (30 double and 55 individual). This SG will increase our production cost quite a bit but will be worth it and we are confident it can be unlocked!
There will also be the possibility of combining two games and playing with 12 players, doubling the number of cheeses and rats. We've tested this out and it is still quite balanced.
Interview - Taberna de Dam (spanish)
Interview - Destroqueladores (spanish)
Interview - Juegorrinos (spanish)
RatLand gameplay (spanish)
Review - Frikiguias (spanish)
RatLand tutorial - Viciados de Mesa (spanish)
RatLand gameplay - Pacheco (spanish)
RatLand Premiere - Pacheco (spanish)
Gameplay and interview (in spanish)
The first prototype of RatLand was created on February 2015, but it wasn’t until mid-2016 when the game reached its near final stage, mainly thanks to playtesting provided by the LUDO association. During this time, many people have played and enjoyed the game thoroughly, from children to elderly people, hardcore and casual gamers alike, at several board game conventions and events. The game was a finalist in 2017 in Zona Lúdica’s “Protos y Tipos” competition.
With RatLand we aimed to create a fun game that could be played over and over and demand new strategies and creative playing from players…
The campaign ends on Thursday, Nov. 2, and we plan to deliver the game to our backers before March 2018.
This project is US-Friendly, EU-Friendly, Australia-Friendly, and Canada-Friendly, and therefore no additional charges or fees will apply due to taxes or customs. Since the dimensions and weight of the final boxes may slightly change, the shipping costs will be calculated during the pledge manager where we will try to adjust it as much as possible. Below you can see approximate shipping prices that will be confirmed in due time. Requesting a reimbursement for your pledge once the campaign has finished will incur fees and expenses.
- Wallpapers: we're sharing these two wallpapers for computers and phones.
- Rulebook in English, French and Spanish
- Eclipse Editorial Facebook page and KS post
- Eclipse Editorial Twitter feed and KS tweet
- BGG page of the game and Eclipse Editorial
- Email email@example.com
We hope we didn’t forget anyone! We would like to thank everyone that helped playtest this game over these past years and those who helped spread the word.
- Author: Eduardo Garcia
- Artwork: Ramses Bosque, responsible for the artwork and illustrations of 2GM Tactics, ONUS! and Dice Driving, among others
- Graphical Design: Matias Cazorla, also known for his work in 2GM Tactics, ONUS! or España 20 (from Victory Point Games'Napoleonic 20 Series).
- 3D Modelling: Pablo Miras, creator and modeler of Alchemical Crystal Quest.
- Video Footage: Matías Cazorla
- Published by: Eclipse Editorial
- Rules translation: Jesus Sanchez Lopez, Charles Reeder, and Jaime Devesa
- Contributors: Draco Ideas (publisher), Jose Manuel Moreno, Luis Alvaro Hernandez and Jaime Devesa
DRACO IDEAS GAMES:
Riesgos y desafíos
Prior to this project we have successfully ran 6 crowdfunding projects with publisher Draco Ideas (3 on Kickstarter) and we have delivered the game in due time or with a negligible delay. The timeline is realistic with enough leeway to offset any unforeseeable setback.Más información sobre el concepto de responsabilidad en Kickstarter
Período de financiamiento
Del al (37 días)