The automation revolution
Plug and play. No coding. Flexible. Affordable. Make your own smart automated system and manage it over the internet.
The automation revolution
Plug and play. No coding. Flexible. Affordable. Make your own smart automated system and manage it over the internet.
Electricians, makers, engineers, inventors: You can now design and make any relevant and affordable automated system and manage it online.
Before the advent of Easy Control, electricians had to rely on electronics and ICT specialists to be part of the automation world. With Easy Control, they are empowered to design and create any kind of automated solution, from simple prototypes to sophisticated industrial systems.
Make your ideas a reality!
If you know how to describe your need, Easy Control will make it real for you.
This video demonstrates an end-to-end application. Creating an automated system is now as easy as pie!
Easy control is suitable for any kind of application. From hobbyists to industries. From conception to operation.
Unlock your creativity!
Go build solutions for a better world. There are things to invent and improve everywhere.
Easy Control is also a powerful tool for upcycling old tech.
Automation for all!
Easy Control is designed to be universal, powerful, open, easy to use and affordable. We want to bring you the best the industry and DIY worlds can provide.
The field of application is extensive. This campaign will therefore help us identify what type of applications professionals may come up with. That said, let us share with you our thoughts about our future users:
- DIYers and hobbyists: Easy Control can contribute to home automation, alarms, swimming pools and gardens, smart plantations, artistic setups, aquarium, electrical trains, computer modding, funky inventions of all kinds. There is virtually no limit to your imagination!
- Small and mid-size companies: Because our solution is both flexible and robust, they can implement affordable, pragmatic and operational systems. Easy Control can be installed with conventional electric boxes.
- Enterprise: Larger companies can use our platform to create workable prototypes, then go for mass production in a very cost-effective way.
- Local governments or cities: When it comes to serving communities, the most important is not technology, but the way people understand it and live with it. Easy Control is a nice tool to do some real-life experiments of the Smart City concepts. Or use it to contribute to solving utilities networks and management issues.
Should you come up with an innovative solution based on Easy Control, let us know! We consider building specific controllers and would be more than happy to discuss the opportunity to launch a product together.
We offer two main products: Easy Control and Easy Control Pi. As we value affordability, we have kept the price point as reasonable and as low as possible, so everyone can access it.
We also built a few packs. If you want different quantities or combos, please let us know. We'll be happy to create them for you!
We firmly believe in the potential of our solution. We try to remain humble though, as we do realize how complicated real-life situations can be. Don’t hesitate to try us out! We are keen on taking the next flight to join you on site and figure out the best way to solve your issue.
Please SHARE THE NEWS with people who might ENJOY IT!
Need more information? See below for an in-depth description of our solution.
We have been working on Easy Control for a couple of years now. We keep improving our design and manufacturing capability. Our system has matured and reached the stage of a production prototype.
See for yourself how it works in real-life settings!
Temperature regulation with light, servo motor and fan.
This scenario is a bit more sophisticated and prefigures how you would build a real-life system.
FABLAB management (people counting, alarm, energy management, lighting and task reminder)
I've been working in a FabLab for a few years now and could not resist implementing Easy Control in my own professional environment :-)
We strongly believe that Easy Control can empower and lead inventors and makers to do amazing things.
Here is a sample to stimulate your creativity:
- Design and build prototypes of simple or more sophisticated systems and products.
- Connect virtually any kind of equipment (sensors, actuators, ...). Plug and play.
- Emulate costly industrial products or meet exotic demands.
- Design, build and sell powerful and affordable products and solutions.
- Design the best suitable maintenance plan (Computerized Maintenance Monitoring Service - CMMS).
- Gather and communicate data to yourself or others (SMS, email, Twitter, … make use of our open system and the existing APIS).
Extend and enhance your existing systems. With Easy Control’s APIs and scripting language, you can easily integrate with end-user applications and UIs.
- Be part of the Easy Control community: Evaluate and share equipment, scenarios, scripts and ideas.
We provide technical information for you in the “Architecture of our solution” section (even more detailed information available upon request).
My customers keep asking me for specific automated systems, such as:
- Electrical system monitoring (International Airport of Mauritius)
- Humidity regulation in display (Indian Ocean Music Museum)
- Lighting control (artistic project, City of Saint Paul, Réunion)
Watch this video to learn more.
Most of the time, there is no ready to use industrial solution or the cost is prohibitive for most clients. The good thing is, it's our business to provide custom solutions.
One day, we started to build a platform to optimize our own work: Easy Control was born! And we decided to make it available to everyone.
We have been thinking about those who live in challenging environments: Let's consider SMEs in developing countries.
Technical people in charge of electro-mechanical systems usually know very well what should be done to improve the business. This often involves building or improving automated systems.
The issue that arises is that they rarely have access to affordable IT specialists, and even less so to electronics engineers. This is actually quite a common situation that we’ve been observing even in larger industrial groups.
We are French engineers located in France, Réunion Island and Mauritius. We hope one day, you could visit us :)
AFFORDABLE and OPEN
Our philosophy is to keep Easy Control affordable and open for the community.
- We want our pricing policy to be transparent, honest and affordable. No joke. No trap.
- We fully embrace the open source spirit. That means we will set up forums, repositories, REST API's, etc...
How will we charge for our cloud services? We intend to adopt a freemium model, free to use below a certain amount of resources. You will have access to all the features with some limitations.
If you require more, you can easily subscribe to paid options (extra storage, high synchronization rate, full data visualization, advanced CMMS) and buy items like SMS packs.
Designed for Raspberry Pi!
Like many others, we truly fell in love with the Raspberry Pi! We are amazed by the device and the whole story. So, we wanted our Easy Control to be the perfect and unique complement to the Raspberry Pi.
Raspberry Pi is now a mature platform. People are using it for professional applications and industrial products. Our code is optimized for Raspberry Pi and the controller is designed as its electrical companion (we power the Raspberry Pi and we can reboot it if necessary).
You can find solutions meant to extend the Raspberry Pi’s capabilities to the electric world. You may also find programming modules with more or less relevant graphical interface, but to our knowledge, these solutions are limited to a certain type of application.
Easy Control is the first end-to-end comprehensive and universal solution. Because our controller is so versatile, as well as our software and middleware, you can take full advantage of the Raspberry Pi power.
With Easy Control Pi, you can address virtually any kind of automation issue.
Proudly engineered and made in FRANCE
Easy Control is made to last. It is equipped with coils, aluminum capacitors, MOSFETs with heat management, dedicated chip for internal monitoring, strong connectors and a really good power supply.
For a detailed description of our controller, see below the “Architecture of our solution” section.
The pre-industrial prototype of the controller and the beta software work. With your support, we'll take Easy Control to industrial level.
Here's how we intend to make use of your money:
With the funds raised during this KS campaign, we will produce the first batch of controllers for your rewards and fine-tune the solution to make it ready for mass production.
Software Final Release (cloud service and middleware). Over a period of 4 months, 4 engineers and developers will work hard to complete:
- Node Js and server optimization.
- Implementation of professional librairies for graphic interface and data visualization.
- Implementation of Rest API's for Open architecture (Mobile apps, remote access to data,...).
Hardware (electrical controller): This part will be done by TEKIN, an electronic engineering company in France. It shall go as follows:
- Final design review of the schematic, the PCB and the BOM to make it industrial.
- CE compliance (electrical safety and EMC).
- Set up of the production line (assembly and quality test).
- Production of the board.
Easy Control is made of 3 main parts:
- Our ready-to-use electrical controller
- An open source application (Linux middleware)
- Our powerful cloud services
Easy Control can be seen as a bridge meant to connect the electric, electronic and ICT worlds.
Designed for any electrical system. Plug and play operation.
- Standard input / output (analog, logic, PWM, GPIO).
- 12/24 V operation and up to 1A per PWM output for equipment such as solenoids, motors, industrial relay, 5m RGB LED strip or high power LED, etc.
- Power output for equipment and Raspberry Pi (or equivalent) and reboot protocol included.
- Supports I2C and SPI protocols for equipment or other controllers (Arduino, …).
- Internal monitoring of equipment (voltage and current).
- Back up input for battery. SOLAR READY, with Energy Saving Mode.
Real Time Clock with coin battery for offline operation.
If you know what you want to measure and to actuate, our BUILT-IN ASSISTANT will find the right equipment for you and show you where and how to plug it!
Download the detailed specifications of the hardware here.
It is the brain of the system and the gateway between the electrical system and the Internet.
The Easy Control application runs on any Linux launched after 2014. It means that you can design highly sophisticated solutions, including videos, music, USB devices management, mesh networks, scripts, etc...
The application embeds a web server, a network interface panel and a debug interface. This gives you complete and direct control on your solution and equipment.
In this video, you will learn how our joint platforms make an extremely powerful combo that brings to you all the power of the IT, electronic and electric worlds.
NB: Don't worry about the installation of the software. All you have to do is follow our step-by-step instructions.
The magic starts here!
Our cloud services are an essential part of the Easy Control platform and were designed as a Smart and All-In-One assistant that makes automation accessible to all.
They consist in the below components:
- Comprehensive catalog of equipment > No need to be a specialist in sensors and actuators!
- Graphic programming and natural language > No coding required!
- Planning tools > Make your system as versatile as you wish!
- Data visualization tools > Adjust and improve your system over time!
- Communication services and APIs > Send programmed SMS, emails or even tweets!
- Community-based model and technical support > You will never be left alone!
Now, check out this video to learn more about our services. These things are easier to show than explain!
Network / Wireless Operation
You can make cross-systems scenarios and/or operate wirelessly, depending on your network configuration and your needs.
Over the internet, Easy Control acts as a gateway that bridges all your systems and other users’. This feature is offered by design and by default. It can generate great potential!
Within your local area network, connect all your Easy Control systems and equipment (typically in a building such as factories, malls, offices, …). They will communicate with one another and with the Cloud Services.
Wireless between the controller and the computer: Built-in feature.
Wireless with one computer and several controllers: The architecture allows it in theory. We would be happy to make it with you.
Mesh network operation is also possible. Leverage our Open Source code and our expertise to implement anything you need!
A perspective on IoT and Big Data
We get these questions quite often: Are you an IoT company? What about big data capabilities? The short answer is “it depends”, because not everyone comprehends these concepts in the same way! Again, we believe that a picture is worth a thousand words :-)
Big data. Machine learning. Artificial Intelligence. These are hot topics! Although not directly involved in these revolutions, we believe that Easy Control must be interoperable. Our middleware is Open Source, which means that you can easily connect with those types of services and are free to implement any of the above capabilities.
As far as security issues are concerned, we followed good practices and general security protocol. It means SSL Pro, tokenization of devices and users, strong password enforcement.
However, you should secure your own environment. This starts with physical access to the devices and network, as well as proper login restrictions to your computer and the controller.
About the casing: We focused on the controller and the service and we are really sorry not to be able to provide a nice box. Right after the campaign, we will draw some 3D printed or laser cut housing. However, Easy Control is designed to fit in a common electrical box.
Risks and challenges
With regards to the electronic board, we just need you to make it industrial and go for normalisation (EMC and Electrical safety test). This job will be done by a engineering company in electronics in France.
And for the software, we just have to make it more stable and add the final librairies for the graphic interface and the data visualization tools.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)