Hassan Lopez is the designer of the strategy board game, Clockwork Wars, also published by Eagle-Gryphon Games. He has a doctorate in neuroscience and is a professor and research scientist at Skidmore College. Hassan lives in upstate New York with his wife and two daughters.
Born, raised and currently based in Lafayette, Louisiana, Rob Guillory is best known for his art on Image Comics' long-running series CHEW. Written by John Layman, the book has achieved much success, winning two Harvey Awards (including Best New Talent for Guillory) and two Eisner Awards (Best New Series in 2010 and Best Continuing Series in 2011).
- We pledge to KS Backers that all backers, of any sort, who have paid in advance, will be sent their copies before any others who have not backed in advance. This means that you will be shipped your game before or at the same time as retailers who have backed via KS/PIP and paid in advance; and international distributors who have backed and paid in advance; and those who have backed on PledgeManager and paid in advance.
- We pledge to you that, for a period of at least 90 days after the last of the scheduled shipments are made (pursuant to the pledge above) to any of those who have paid in advance for the game, we will only sell this game: 1) at full retail MSRP on our own Eagle-Gryphon website; or any other website--e.g. Amazon or eBay, controlled by Eagle-Gryphon Games; 2) at conventions which occur at the time of release of the game or within 90 days of the release of the game.
- In other words, we pledge to do our best, within reason, to insure that you will be among the very first owners of this game and that you will have purchased this game at a price significantly less than you will be able to buy this game for at least the first 90 days after it is released to the public.
Clockwork Wars features:
- A modular map composed of hexagonal tiles and nine territory types (including manufactories, sorcerer's towers, and citadels) that allows for infinite replayability.
- Four different races to choose from, each with its own unique units.
Hidden and simultaneous unit deployment that provides constant tension.
Short turns packed with tough decisions.
- Simple, diceless combat resolution.
A card-based espionage system.
A unique "technology tree" that is different for every game.
- Research discoveries in one of three different disciplines: Sorcery, Science, and Religion.
- Light civilization-building mechanisms, as players upgrade villages into cities and research discoveries through three successive, historical ages.
- Rules for either a "free-for-all" game or a 2 vs. 2 team game, where you and your ally combine forces and victory points.
After the KS campaign completes, the pledge manager will open which is where you will be able to purchase add-on products as well as pay for shipping (see below). Below are a list of add-ons that will be available (depending on stock levels in each region) in the pledge manager:
We will ship your rewards to these international fulfillment partners: Board Game Bliss (Canada), VFI Asia (Asia Pacific), Boosterbox (The Netherlands), MeepleLogistics / Philibert (EU), and Aetherworks (Australia). We want to thank our Fulfillment Partners for seeing that your orders get to you quickly and safely, regardless of where you live in the world.
Below we have included a list with shipping estimates for The SUPERVILLAIN & The GRAND FINALE pledge levels (subject to change based on your country / locale and final shipping weight):
• USA --
Continental U.S. = $12.75
Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands = $23.50
• Canada = $14.50
• Mexico = $53
• ASIA --
China = $15
Hong Kong = $16
Indonesia, Japan, Vietnam = $32
Korea = $25
Taiwan = $21
Other Asian Pacific Countries = $20
• EUROPE + Rest of the World --
France = $13.50
UK = $16
Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain = $18.50
Austria, Belgium = $15
Netherlands = $17
Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Hungary = $19.50
Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia = $19.50
Finland, Ireland, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland = $19.50
Croatia, Cyprus, Iceland, Malta, Norway = $27
Greece and Turkey = $22
• Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru, & Israel = $75
• Africa = $50 - $80 for most countries
• Australia = $27
• New Zealand = $37
Please keep in mind these are just estimates, and costs may vary based on your specific country and address. Weight changes and any optional rewards you choose in our Pledge Manager, may also affect actual shipping charges.
*WE DO NOT SHIP TO: Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan
Risks and challenges
Eagle-Gryphon Games has completed 75+ Kickstarter projects to date. All of those projects have either been completely delivered or are in production right now.
Eagle-Gryphon Games stands by our products. Please contact our customer service department at email@example.com within 30 days of receiving your pledge reward(s) if you are for any reason unsatisfied. We will take every step available to get you exactly what you purchased. We will also send you tracking information whenever possible to remain transparent throughout the delivery of your purchase.
We will always do our best through Kickstarter updates to keep you as informed as possible as to the status of your game(s). However, in this business some uncertain factors are beyond our control, such as holidays, customs, quality control, inspection delays, inclement weather and dock strikes - to name a few. Please understand we have little to no control over such factors. We assure you that you will be the first to know any developments as we learn them.
Put simply: you will get everything we promise to you when you pledge to one of our Kickstarter projects, and it will be delivered to you in as timely a manner as possible.
We reserve the right to combine the shipping of any and all pledges for multiple projects if the shipping runs close to the same time and we can ship them all within a reasonable time frame (30 days) of us receiving them. We will advise you as soon as possible if it looks like we will delay shipping for this reason. You will always have the right to pay additional fees to get expedited delivery on orders.
Shipping issues are relatively uncommon, but they do sometimes occur. We double check all of your games for damage before sending them to you. However, there is a small chance that your games may get damaged during shipping by the carrier. If your package is damaged, please contact us so we can assist you.
We will not ship to Russia, the Ukraine and certain places in Asia and the rest of the world, except for specially-made arrangements wherein the Backer takes the risk involved in receiving the package.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (15 days)