A satirical outdoor thermometer that puts aside decades of scientific data to display the "truthiness" of climate change that day. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on August 4, 2012.
About this project
The Climate Thermometer is an attempt to finally decide whether or not all this climate change is really happening, using local temperatures! Or not!
I'm sure you've seen this sort of evidence–based decision making in the media. This clip from 2003 really stuck with me. So after 9 years of creative marination, the design you see here popped out and I got to work.
I found a US manufacturer, which was a very hard task, and ordered the sample pictured. I was a little impatient, so I messed up some small details. Here is the correct design:
- 12 3/4" diameter
- Injection molded plastic
- Bimetal spring thermometer
- Digitally printed dial
- Neutraface Slab text
- Every thermometer shipped will plant a tree thanks to Plant a Tree USA. (not American Forests as I said in the video. Oops.)
- I found a company in Minnesota that produces custom thermometers
- They will print out my dial design and assemble it into plastic cases
- They will then be shipped to my local fulfillment warehouse for sending out to you fine folk.
This campaign will be used to collect pre-orders for the complete thermometer. Thanks for participating! Let me know if you have any suggestions for other rewards.
Thanks PJ Santoro, Corrie Tice, and Brendan Schrader for helping out with the video!
If you already own an analog thermometer, you can now make it a climate thermometer with this lovely sticker set. Arranged for dial or bulb thermometers and printed on Vinyl in southern California. Available for every pledge over $5.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)