About this project
We Are On A Mission To Make Cycling Easier
Our Unique Product
- Chain-free - Priority Bicycles do away with messy chains that ruin clothes and feature clean belt drives that’ll make your ride smooth. In 1984 Harley Davidson replaced their chains with belt drives, too. Why? Chains require lubrication, they rust, and are susceptible to the weather. Belt drives are more durable, more quiet, and cleaner.
- Lightweight Aluminum Frame - Unlike conventional steel frames, Priority is made from strong, lightweight aluminum to make it easy to carry the bike up and down stairs. The aluminum is also rust-proof, making Priority perfect if you live near the beach or somewhere with rain or snow.
- Super Comfy Saddle - Riding should be enjoyable, so your seat should never make you feel sore. Our saddle has two layers of foam to make sure you're always comfortable.
- Upright Seating Position – Sore backs can be a byproduct of biking, but not with Priority. Our bikes are designed for upright seating to ensure you feel as good after the ride as you did before.
- Theft Deterrent - We know you’ll fall in love with Priority, and we want to do anything we can to keep our bikes with their proud owners. By using bolts instead of quick releases, Priority makes it more difficult for thieves to disassemble parts. You'll still have to lock up your bike, but bolts are a precaution Priority has taken to make theft more difficult.
- Puncture Resistant Tires - It’s the little details that make riding Priority easy. We're not saying you'll never get a flat, but those thorns and glass have to work a lot harder to ruin your ride.
- Easy to Assemble - Once your bike arrives, nothing stands between you and the open roads except a simple four-step, five minute assembly process that requires no previous technical bike knowledge.
- Everything You Need - Priority Bicycles are designed to get you on the road quickly and easily. When you purchase a bike, everything you need is included, from a tire pump and assembly tools, to a kickstand to a water bottle cage.
We know you're busy. That’s why we've reimagined the bicycle through innovative design and unparalleled engineering and created a bike for recreational riders that is easy to assemble, easy to ride, and requires no regular maintenance. You will not find a more high quality bicycle at a lower price point than Priority.
Our founder, Dave Weiner, started Priority because he was frustrated with bicycles on the market. There has been so much innovation in the industry, but all to the benefit to professional riders. Dave wanted to change the game for the recreational cyclist.
Growing up in the bicycle industry before starting a career in computer software, Dave dreamed of returning to the industry and making it easier for the everyday person to own and operate a bicycle.
As Dave says, “Life’s too short to ride a bad bicycle.”
Our goal is to bring joy to the journey. Our unique features and technology have been carefully engineered to ensure your Priority bicycle is ready to get you wherever you need to be as smoothly, efficiently, and stylishly as possible.
Priority Bicycle Features and Benefits:
Gears and Brakes
Most bicycles under $500 come with 1 gear or 7+ gears. For most people, this is either not enough options, or way too many. We make it easy by providing three gears; while most of the day you'll be in gear two, you can gain speed in gear three, or taking it easy and go up hills in gear one. Our internally geared hub can also go thousands of miles with no maintenance, as opposed to traditional derailleurs, which need maintenance every year.
Remember a foot brake from when you were a kid? You probably would slam back on the foot brake to try and make skid marks. Fast forward to today and the foot brake in our three speed hub is very advanced, bringing you to a quick and safe stop. Pedal forward to go and backwards to stop, our bicycle is easy, safe and reliable.
Our Development Process
We truly wanted to rethink cycling for the recreational rider, so we started with a blank slate and studied each component to figure out how to make a more simple, more reliable, and maintenance-free bicycle while still maintaining an affordable price.
We developed dozens of frame drawings and geometry configurations to make sure everything would be comfortable, beautiful, and functional.
Our first prototype proved to be extremely durable, but aesthetically didn't have the look we wanted. We partnered with designers to create the perfect color palette, and met with 17 different contract manufacturers to find the perfect home to build our Priority Bicycles.
After tireless effort, we're proud to say Priority Bicycles are the best product on the market for the recreational rider. Not only do they look great. Not only do they ride great. They're affordable.
Want To See The Bikes In Person?
Priority has samples ready to ride. If you're in NYC, come by our workshop and take our bikes for a test ride - we're on Hudson Street in TriBeCa, and we love visitors. Please send us an email at Info(at)PriorityBicycles.com to coordinate a date and time.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to see some reviews from backers who have stopped by already.
Priority Bicycles is launching with diamond and step-through frame designs. Each comes in two sizes and several colors: diamond in matte black and dark blue, and step-through in matte black, dark blue and gloss white.
Pledge $15 (or more) and you'll receive a Priority Water bottle, BPA free and a great way to show your support. Shipping in the continental US is included.
Pledge $30 (or more) and receive a Priority t-shirt. We will contact you to determine what style and size shirt you want. Shipping in the continental U.S. is included.
Pledge $384 (or more) and receive a limited edition, Priority Bicycle together with a Delta Cycle Smartphone holder - a $45 savings over the retail price. We expect to deliver in February however we will do our best to deliver in January. Shipping in the continental U.S. is included.
Pledge $3499 (or more) and receive 10 custom decal, limited edition, first run Priority Bicycles. You’ll work directly with our founder, Dave, to design the perfect color and graphic treatment for your bicycles, and can choose all of your size, color and frame specifics from our available options. This is perfect for corporate gifts, large families, hotels, or any other groups. We expect to deliver before Christmas. Shipping in the continental U.S. is included.
We Need Your Support
We hope you are inspired and excited about supporting Priority Bicycles. We truly believe there is no better bicycle for the recreational rider. We would be so thankful if you helped spread the word and share with your friends. Thank you!
Easy share links:
Risks and challenges
Because we already have factory samples that ride great, we believe the risks to late delivery are low. We invite you to come to our New York workshop and give one a ride to see for yourself. As with all overseas trade, unforeseen complications can always pop up. Our founder, Dave, will be personally visiting the factory multiple times during the production process to ensure every Priority Bicycle is up to our standards, and will deliver on time. We will keep our backers posted every step throughout the production process.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)