The Dunkin' Buddy is a product which allows you to dunk cookies without having to hold them, with the use of magnetic attraction. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on March 9, 2014.
About this project
People of All Ages Love Dunking Cookies, BUT can't someone come up with a way to get around the problems of losing the cookie to the bottom of the milk from either dropping the cookie or the cookie breaking, and the need to hold each cookie until it is soft enough to eat?
The Problem: It's terrible when you lose cookies to the bottom of the cup. It's a pain when you have to squeeze your hand into the bottom of the cup when the milk level gets low. It's frustrating to have to hold every cookie for the amount of time needed to get your cookie soft enough to eat. You may get lucky and not drop your cookie if it doesn't break by itself, but wouldn't it be great if all these problems were solved?
The Answer: The answer to this Age Old question is - The Dunkin' Buddy! Designed by 2 people who like to dunk cookies in milk just like you.
This URL is a link to our Dunkin' Buddy project on crowdfundfusion.com, and we are 1 of 5 featured projects on their website's homepage too!!
Any cookie will work with the Dunkin' Buddy. Even 2 at a time!
BPA Free: Safe for you and your kids to use, and Easy to Clean.
What's Next: If we reach our goal, we will immediately be able to pay for the very costly Steel Molds that the manufacturer uses to produce the Dunkin' Buddy.
The Team and Our Business Associates:
- Dunkin Buddy Partner/Dunkin' Buddy, LLC: Jason
- Dunkin' Buddy Partner/Dunkin' Buddy, LLC: Kiana
- 3D Printing: DankerDesign.com
- SLA Prototype: www.InterProModels.com
- Manufacturing: www.MarlboroughPlastics.com
- Packaging: www.AtlanticPackagingGroup.com
Process To Date:
- First set of diagrams drawn
- Created Clay prototypes
- Filed the Patent (currently are patent pending)
- Had 3D printed prototypes made
- Ordered and tested different neodymium magnets for size, shape, strength.
- Tested magnets with 3D printed prototypes
- Had SLA prototype made
- Tested SLA prototype
- Met with various plastic manufacturers, received quotes from all of them for making the Steel Molds and 1st batch production. Decided to use Marlborough Plastics Inc., once we have reached our funding goal, to make the Steel Molds and manufacture the 1st batch.
A REVOLUTION in COOKIE DUNKING:
The Dunkin' Buddy is the World's First Hands-Free cookie dunker. It allows you to dunk one or more cookies of different shapes and sizes in your milk at the same time. The Dunkin' Buddy is easy to clean, safe, and makes multi-tasking a whole lot easier!
Dunkin' Buddy Company:
- Jason: Has worked as an employee and contractor for various types of companies in CAD, Heat Treating, Steel Fabrication.
- Kiana: Inventor / Mother of a 3 yr old
10,000 Dollar Goal:
If we can reach our goal of 10,000 dollars, the Dunkin' Buddy Revolution will be on it's way. This is the least amount possible to get the very costly 2-cavity Steel Molds made, which are used by the manufacturer to make the Dunkin' Buddy. The Steel Molds will take about 6 weeks to get made, which is why we are estimating the delivery date for you to get your rewards sometime this June. We will work as fast as we can to get you your rewards sooner if possible. The manufacturer will be able to produce the 1st batch very quickly once the Steel Molds are finished.
Risks and challenges
My partner and I work very well together. We are working with a very professional manufacturing company located less than an hour from us, who has great faith in our invention, the Dunkin' Buddy, as well. As we don't anticipate any production delays and/or mishaps once we are fully funded, we have prepared for such a thing happening just to be safe by allowing an extra 4 weeks time for our delivery of your rewards. There is absolutely no obstacle too big or too small for us to ultimately fulfill our dream of getting the Dunkin' Buddy into your home. We use it, love it, and know that WITH YOUR SUPPORT, we will see many happy customers in the near future!!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)