The Tome of Delving is more than a character sheet - it’s a character book! The Tome of Delving gives you all the space you need to fully record your character and their abilities. And it’s designed to help you find your stats lightning fast and keep play moving. The Tome of Delving integrates your character sheet and your notebook, giving you one less item to carry. And its binding style stacks easily with your source books making it easier to carry than a binder or a disc-bound solution.
What's inside the Tome of Delving
See photos of various interior pages and illustrations on our facebook page.
The specific page counts may change slightly before press. The planned content is:
- 2 Pages for character details: race, class, background, ideal, bond, flaw, backstory, etc.
- 6 Pages for racial and class traits and abilities, feats, etc. (space for 20 entries)
- 2 Facing pages with all your investigation related stats
- 2 Facing pages with all your combat related stats
- 1 Page for your animal companion or familiar's stats
- 1 and a half pages for listing your known spells and preparation status
- 1 half page for tracking ammunition
- 1 Page for tracking your wild shapes
- 2 Pages for tracking your equipped items
- 10 Pages for tracking your inventory
- 12 Pages for tracking your financial transactions/treasure
- 14 pages for tracking NPCs (space for 100+ NPCs)
- 50 Pages for notes
- 10 Pages of hex grid, for overland mapping
- 30 pages of quad grid for dungeon mapping
- 4 Pages of reference from the 5e SRD (Actions, Conditions, Common Equipment, etc.)
What's outside the Tome of Delving
- The base funding goal is for a softcover ota layflat binding with cover art from wikimedia commons. Specifically this piece by David Revoy / Blender Foundation CC BY 3.0
- If we reach stretch goal #1 new cover art will be commissioned
- If we reach stretch goal #2 the notebook will be produced in hardback with a glossy cover (featuring art from stretch goal #1) similar to the D&D source books except it will have a smyth sewn binding
- If we reach stretch goal #3 the notebook will ship with 2 integrated bookmark ribbons
- If we reach stretch goal #4 the notebook will ship with a fabric cover (so you can decorate it yourself!) and a dust jacket (featuring art from stretch goal #1) whose flaps serve as additional bookmarks and list helpful reference information.
What's changed since the last campaign
You may be aware that this is the second attempt to get this project funded...
In order to reduce the costs and funding goal significantly many features of the notebook have been converted to stretch goals. I've also located a more cost effective printing partner. Other changes worth mentioning are:
1) that the Tome of Delving will be a lay flat softcover book unless we reach stretch goal #2. The softcover lay flat binding is very durable and will look something like this.
2) The Tome of Delving will ship from the USA. This is not an EU friendly project this time, which means if you are outside of the United States your package may arrive with a balance due for customs and other import duties.
3) Shipping charges are not included in your pledge amount and will be handled separately via backer-kit after the campaign ends.
Unlocked! Stretch Goal #1 [$3,100]: Original Cover Illustration
Goal achieved! The Tome of Delving will have a cover with original art from John Aggs!
Unlocked! Stretch Goal #2 [$6,200]: Hardcover - Smyth Sewn Binding
Unlocked! The Tome of Delving will be published with a hardcover Smyth Sewn binding. All backers will receive this version of the notebook.
Unlocked! Stretch Goal #3 [$6,800]: Two Bookmark Ribbons
Each Tome will be printed with 2 integrated bookmark ribbons to help you find your place even faster.
Unlocked! Stretch Goal #4 [$7,900]: Fabric Cover + Dust Jacket
Each Tome will be manufactured with all the features of previous stretch goals except now the hardcover will be wrapped in fabric and have a printed dust jacket. The more precise terminology would be that it's a casebound book with a cloth wrapped case and a dust jacket. If this is confusing perhaps this article will help: https://www.thebookdesigner.com/2009/11/book-covers-dust-jackets/
Unlocked! Stretch Goal #5 [$15,700]: Double Rewards!
Every pledge level will receive double the number of books specified in the reward descriptions. In other words:
One Tome $18 - everyone at this pledge level will receive 2 tomes.
Two Tomes $36 - everyone at this pledge level will receive 4 tomes.
Three Tomes $54 - everyone at this pledge level will receive 6 tomes.
Four Tomes $72 - everyone at this pledge level will receive 8 tomes.
Five Tomes $90 - everyone at this pledge level will receive 10 tomes.
Six Tomes $108 - everyone at this pledge level will receive 12 tomes.
Eight Tomes $144 - everyone at this pledge level will receive 16 tomes.
Ten Tomes $180 - everyone at this pledge level will receive 20 tomes!
Risks and challenges
All the work for this project is almost entirely complete, there are a few changes to be made due to play-tester feedback. Other than that the next step is simply to place the order with the printer. Consequently, it's pretty low risk. I will be requesting hard copy proofs from the printer and this could introduce some delivery delays if I discover issues with the proofs.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)