Closed BETA Invites, New Serves, Rolling out Update
Closed BETA Invitations are sent
If you have backed DUNGEONFOG as a bronze backer you should now have your invitation to the closed BETA in your mailbox.
As always: Check your spam folders!
In case you didn't receive the invitation, or lost the mail, you can request a new one by clicking on "Login" on the website and "request a new password". Make sure you use the email, that was associated with your Kickstarter pledge.
We have successfully migrated everything to our new server infrastructure.
This was important, because we not only want to have faster servers, but also few other things that are going to be important in the upcoming days ahead:
- We have quadrupled our cores, so that server-sided image processing will be a lot faster in future.
- We have changed to a 3 phase deployment system, so that we can deploy first into a development area for us, then into a testing surrounding for internal testers (TESTAREA), before we finally release updates to the live servers. I will talk more about this in an upcoming Kickstarter update in details.
- We now have doubled our network connection to 1GBit/s which will also improve the transfer speed.
- We have re-stocked on storage, so that we can handle all your custom uploads with ease.
- We have also reworked server protocols, database- and framework versions and more to crank out every inch of speed and performance.
We are still working on fine tuning and adjustments, but all in all I am very happy with the new results.
Rolling out the new update
With the finale adjustments to the server, the new upload mechanic and according changes to the databases and file systems, we will take it slowly to make sure everything works as intended. Instead of releasing everything at once, we will take this weekend to bring the new features online bit by bit. This might mean, that our services will not be available 100% of the time over this weekend, since we might need to switch into maintenance mode a few times.
We are expecting to be finished on Monday 5th and I will let you know as soon as we are done.
I already hinted, that the viewer might need a separate update and we decided to postpone this to next week, after everything else is back in place and working as intended. Estimated release date is Friday 9th and I will let you know more about it after the weekend.
May the code be with us!