A JRPG roguelike style/simulation where your choices matter!
Update: FEMALE PROTAGONIST stretch goal unlocked! Check out the updates to see what's cooking and how you can get both versions of the game by backing us on Kickstarter!
Enter Ecallia, the City where adventurers gather to enter the mysterious Dungeon. You get to choose who you are and where you're coming from.
What's the "Dungeon curse" that's affecting the Ecallians? And what lies in the last floor of the Dungeon?
"Dungeon Dreams" is a retro RPG (inspired by niche classics like Azure Dreams and Rune Factory) where your life is up to you. Investigate the Dungeon, become a famous adventurer, or find a job in town and have fun with the townsfolk. Pursue romance with more than 5 datable bachelorettes.
Are you interested in writing an article or review about Dungeon Dreams? Click here to download our Press Kit or contact us via social network!
- Flexible story system (free roaming without time imits) and multiple-ending quests that change the game world: some people may leave town, change habits, develop bonds...
- Randomly-generated Dungeon (roguelike style) with monsters, traps and items, where you can also meet other Adventurers and interact (team up? fight? discuss?)
- Town Building: spend your profits to build up the town. Attract new settlers and perhaps a love interest or two
- Relationship Building, Dating Sim, the characters have their own personality and custom artwork.
- 65+ titled sub-quests
- 15 recruitable party members + 10 temporary guests/summons
- 5 romance options (including marriage)
- 35+ classes
- 12+ minigames!
- 45 pieces of furniture
- 8+ building opportunities
- 250+ skills
- 500+ pieces of equipment
- And counting!
All numbers are taken from the actual version of the game that is being tested and from which the demo is taken from.
Character design is important in "Dungeon Dreams", as it's a game that revolves mostly around interaction and immersiveness. And thanks to the work of talented artists, every important character has their own beautiful artwork, anime style!
Meet some of the characters:
Want to have some fun and see more art? Try the "Dungeon Dreams WAIFU test" to discover out in less than 3 minutes who's going to be your best match!
Please believe in us and support the development of Dungeon Dreams! Kickstarter rewards include:
Full copy of "Dungeon Dreams", before the official release.
- Digital soundtrack with all original major tracks of the game.
- Beautiful digital ARTBOOK (made by a professional ebook developer) with sketches, unused character artwork and detailed explanation of their concept.
- Collection of 4 HD wallpapers with beautiful character artwork (or CG if unlocked as a stretch goal!)
- Special holiday wallpapers featuring the Dungeon Dreams girls in holiday costumes (limited quantity!)!
Leave your own mark, write a message to be found in game. Write your own tale in a book. Engrave your life story on a tombstone or statue. Display your poem, work of art, or funny message.
- You get to design your own alter ego/character and plan their arrival and daily life in Ecallia! Are they going to interact with someone in particular, find a job, adventure, or simple tourism? What drags them to this town full of adventure?
- Design with us a special floor of the Dungeon that will randomly appear instead of the regular ones! We have plenty of them already. What will yours be? A monster shop? The nest of a ghost named like you? A riddle that you want the players to solve? A labyrinth with some weird traps?
And so on!
(Feel free to send messages in advance if you have any doubts about your idea fitting in the game!)
- With this valuable reward, you get to design your own recruitable alter ego/character that will have: her own arrival scene, recruitment quest, daily routine, and banter/dialogue with all the other party members! We can decide together their starting class, hidden specialization and even favourite companions/rivals!
With this reward, not only you get to create your NPC with us (with their daily routine and dialogue), but they will also have their own quest that will lead to build a venue in town! Are you going to open a shop? Have you always dreamed to sell cigars, paintings...or perhaps you have something else in mind. Only 2 slots for this reward for game design reasons!
What are we using the Kickstarter funds for?
All stretch goals will be available for every backer!
- Strongholds/Guilds with disciples and quests. The scout may help the local thieves open a Thieves' Guild. And we have a surprise in store for the fighter and the mage, as well. Good news: do you want to be the character that leads one of these guilds, work on the concept and name? Support the project at the "Guildmaster" tier!
- Personalized and custom assets to make Dungeon Dreams' maps more unique! We already teamed up with a new talented pixel artist!
- Currently the game will be only available on Windows and Mac, but with some extra effort and resources, we will be able to create a mobile version.
- One CG picture for each of the six marriable romance options: Fiona, Nina, Mai, Caecily, Jane and Danthienne! They will appear in the game as you progress with their personal quests!
Alternate version of the game: play as a woman, find romance and adventure in Ecallia! (This will be delivered after testing the current version of the game. Estimate: Summer 2019 - Check the FAQs for more info about this version of the game!)
Follow us on social media for more insight on the game:
Risks and challenges
Indie developers struggle with a lot of things: commercial licenses, marketing, working hours, but the primary reason for opening this project to Kickstarter is artwork.
We want to have distinguishable and fun characters, and for this we need detailed, quality illustrations. We are very confident that the game will be completed soon (a big portion is already being tested by our small task force of Beta Testers - feel free to join them!) and the support we receive from you backers will also help us pay for marketing and make the game known to more potential fans.
If you can donate a minimal amount, remember that it's highly motivating for us and will fuel our enthusiasm in the project!
We are having a lot of fun developing Dungeon Dreams, and we hope you join us.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)