This project's funding goal was not reached on February 5, 2013.
About this project
Hi. I'm David Melia (Pro Free Hugger)
Hey I am David. I started giving away free hugs in 2007 when I first came into contact with a free hugger. This book shares some of my free hugging experiences, thoughts on free hugs and the free hugging lifestyle that I have just begun to experience in my free hugging career. I hope you pick up a copy and learn how the simple act of a hug has the potential to change the world and what my plans are for future projects!!
I am currently in the final editing stages of my book. I am going to try and have it done and published by May of 2013 if this campaign is successful.
Ten Reasons why you want to read my book.
10) You are curious about how the small simple act of a hug can change a life, and potentially even the world.
9) You want to share a special hug with a friend but you don't know which type of hug you should share. This book will guide you in your quest for the perfect hug.
8) You want to know more about my free hugs project and hugging endeavors.
7) You can't possibly think about how duct tape and free hugs relate so you want to get this book to find out.
6) You want to give away free hugs but need some information about Free Hugs in order to start. This book is a great source for all information Free Hugs.
5) You have no idea how Free Hugging can be a lifestyle. Well guess what folks, it is. How? Get the book to find out!
4) You share hugs with your friends every day but you don't know what type of hugs they are. Find out in this awesomely amazing book and even come up with some ideas for your own types of hugs!!
3) You think I am crazy for having a dream of becoming a Professional Free Hugger, so you want to buy a copy to show all your friends how crazy this weirdo is who thinks that he can make a living giving away free hugs.
2) You want to support me in my journey to spread peace, love, and happiness throughout the world through the simple act of giving away a hug.
1) You never knew there were 4 stages in the hugging process. Heck you didn't even know there was a process to giving a hug!
Where is the money going?
$1000 Diamond Publishing package from Outskirts Press. (www.outskirtspress.com)
$1200 Copies of the book for rewards
$300 Shipping Rewards
$500 For Free Hugs Stickers printing at (www.stickermule.com)
Any extra money will go towards buying more books in order to sell and future free hugging projects.
LOTS OF HUGS!!
If you have any questions about the project don't be afraid to ask!! I am always willing to talk about Free Hugs. I could talk about free hugs all day and night like forever.. I guess that is why I wrote this book. I hope this has sparked your interest. Thanks for your support!!
Wishing you Lots of Hugs!! (This is a version of the cyber hug, what is a cyber hug do you ask? Get a preorder of my book to find out!!)
David Melia (Pro Free Hugger)
Risks and challenges
- A big challenge for me is going to be getting permissions for using quotes that I have in the book. I am currently looking at a service to help me get permission for the quotes that I have and if I don't get permission I will have to rework parts of my manuscript which will just take a little more time.
- One of my biggest challenges is making sure I transmit all of the information about my free hugging experiences in a well thought manner that is understandable to someone that doesn't know me. I have a couple of editors to help me make sure the book is clear and gets what I want to say, said.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (44 days)