Can you outwit your friends and build three houses before anyone else? Seek help from legendary fairy tale characters and avoid the cunning creatures that lurk in the forest to become the greatest builder in the land!
In The Grimm Forest, you are a niece or nephew of one of the 3 Little Pigs of legendary fame, competing to build a set of three houses quickly out of Straw, Wood, or Brick. Players make secret plans to travel to parts of the Grimm Forest to gather limited amounts of resources that are available there.
The Game is played over multiple rounds, split between two main phases : Gather and Build.
During the Gather Phase, you will move to one of the Gather Locations; there you will gather resources to use in your house-building efforts.
If more than one Pig goes to the same location, you must share the resources found there, but if you end up alone, you get all the resources from that site.
Players may choose to secretly play up to one Fable Card from their hand. By accurately deducing the actions of other players the correct Fable Card can be played to enhance the number of resources gathered by you or slow the process of building for others. At different points during the game, allies come out of the Grimm Forest to help players meet their goal through the Friend Cards, which grant them powerful, permanent abilities.
Once everyone has selected the cards they want to play, the cards are revealed and the Pigs are placed on their chosen Location. Fable Cards are then played one by one following the order of activation.
Once all cards have been played, players take or share their resources and place them on their Player Board, ready to be used in the Build Phase of the round.
The first player to build three complete houses wins!
2-Player Play through with Tim Eisner and Late Night Tabletop
We pre-pack The Grimm Forest in a robust mailer box at the factory, and use quality fulfillment companies in each region to keep shipping costs as low as possible! We are subsidizing shipping in the core pledge tier, and backers in some regions will need to pay additional fees as follows:
- Australia/Canada/European Union + $10 USD
- Rest of the World + $20 USD
- We love the journey and what you as a backer bring to a project. Your feedback shapes the project and makes it better than it would have been without it.
- With the support of stretch goal funding, we are able to make a game that has additional content like more Friends, Fables, miniatures, and art! We have some big plans for stretch goals that we would most definitely not be able to pull off without support and pre-funding.
- Early access - Backers will be the first to get their games! It will not be in retail until backer copies have been delivered. (This statement excludes conventions. If we are able to air freight copies for promotional purposes, we will do so.)
- Still want to wait for retail? That's okay too! Please support your FLGS (friendly local gaming store)! We love our retail partners! They are the backbone of this industry!
Risks and challenges
This is not our first Kickstarter here at Druid City Games. We have done our homework, we have vetted many vendors and fulfillment services. We have our manufacturer selected and are already prepping for a successful campaign so that we can deliver to you on time.
We strive to give our customers the very best experience possible and we will do nothing to compromise that trust. We hope you will support our project with confidence! We need your support!
Team Druid City
- (24 days)