Be In Our Gameplay Trailer!
We want to thank you for all your contributions to improving Days of War over the last 7 months. The game has come a long way since April in large part to our extremely dedicated testers who have given us thoughtful feedback and constructive criticism along the way.
Tomorrow we will be releasing our third map, Kaysersberg, meaning we are finally ready to produce our gameplay trailer that will be featured on the Steam Store page. In our previous gameplay trailers, we recorded our gameplay internally amongst the team, but we are aware there are many talented players out there who are much more fun to watch.
So we're holding a contest!
Gameplay Trailer Contest
Tomorrow (Sunday) starting at 2pm EST we will be running a playtest with the goal of capturing gameplay footage for the trailer. We invite you to come join us and record your gameplay for a chance to be immortalized in our gameplay trailer.
We will be accepting video submissions and selecting the best clips to be featured in our trailer. These can be great shots, round victories, lucky grenades, or generally any hectic action that will help showcase our game to the rest of the world.
Please direct any questions and discussion to the Contest forum post here: https://forums.playdaysofwar.com/forum/announcements-and-releases/general-game-discussion/15292-gameplay-trailer-contest-sunday-nov-27th
- Testing starts at 2pm EST on Sunday 11/27
- Please submit videos to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing video submissions starting at 5pm EST. Please use a file sharing service like Dropbox to share video source files, no Youtube links will be reviewed. You can submit as many videos as you’d like.
- The deadline for submitting a video is 9pm EST on Monday 11/28, but earlier submissions will be more likely to be featured in the trailer.
- The only requirements are that your video must be at least 1080p and include game sound. You can have microphone sound if you'd like. We encourage people to play on EPIC settings if they are able but will be accepting submissions on any Video settings.
- If you are unable to record using a program like Fraps or Open Broadcaster Software there is another option, see details for how to record in game demos in the forum post
And now on to our regularly scheduled...