Valentines and Updates!
Hello everybody! First off, let me greet everybody here a Happy Valentines! We hope that everybody will have a fun and loving day with their loved ones.
It's been a while since we've had an update. We want everybody to know that we've been busy working on the game, as well as marketing it in preparation for the relaunch. Entropy has been doing a spectacular job and as many of you have seen, we've been managing to be constantly visible in the press the past few months. This is good news because despite the KS failing, it just shows that many people are interested in the game.
To keep everybody up to speed, here are the developments and updates regarding the game.:
* We have moved the relaunch to the middle of March 2014, instead of the originally planned late February 2014. The reason for this is the playable pre-alpha demo that we intend to release isn't fully ready yet and we feel that it's better that we focus on quality rather than speed for this one. The demo will not be a public demo though, or at least that is the plan. The demo will only be released to the press and of course to you guys, our veteran backers. Depending on the reviews for demo, we might decide to release it eventually to the public sometime during the campaign.
* We've found some potential partners for music and sound engineering. We're still finalizing the details but we at least have people in mind that we will be working with and their music is awesome. I know sound and music were one of our weakest points during the last KS, that is not the case anymore.
* We are planning to lower our target for the KS. There is no final number yet but it will definitely be much lower than the last one. We've changed our strategy due to potential opportunities that have arisen. We're talking to several potential investors and basically we just have to prove that there is a following for the game and that we can succeed at the KS. With a lower target, and with the veterans help, the KS campaign will be in the upswing early in the campaign which will hopefully push it even higher up. Despite the lower goal though, we're still hoping to reach the original goal and reach all the cool stretch goals we have planned.
* The Steam Greenlight is at 81% to Top 100. We still need a little bit more help to push this over to the top. We still have time and we would appreciate the help of everybody here to get us Greenlit. We're hoping to get greenlit before the KS so we can finalize our plans regarding Steam. If you haven't voted Yes for us yet, you can do so here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191653077
* The PayPal option is still up for those who would want to pledge already. Take note that you get to choose whether you want the pledge package in the original KS or the new one. Also, you have the option to pledge through PayPal and then pledge during the KS. The total from both your pledges will determine your final reward. (ex. $20 through Paypal & $30 through KS will allow you to get the $50 Reward Tier). For those interested to pledge ahead, you can go here: http://graywalkers.com/pledgenow.html
* The new video for the KS that we are working on will be a short one this time. The focus of the video will be more on in-game footage and less on talking. This time we intend to let the game speak for us. Expect to see a lot of new stuff in the video and of course some of the good ones from before. If you have any more suggestions on what you think should be in the video, we are definitely very open to your suggestions.
* We're planning to put together a marketing brigade of sorts. We would like to invite our backers, those who have time and are willing to help us market before and during the KS campaign. For those who decide to join us, we will be giving you special rewards for your help. If you are interested, just message us here.
I guess that's it for now. We will probably have one more update before the launch in a few weeks from now. By then, we should be able to give everybody a more definite plan and schedule. If you have any comments, suggestions or
Thank you again everybody and you all have a great day ahead of you! Happy Hearts day everyone!
Almost forgot, one our backers have released his own KS. Let's try and support him if we can. You can check out his project here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/carltonsolle/treeson-the-bottle-that-can-save-the-planet